Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

6 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I agree, there's few that warrant it but you'd think with a cast like that and Scorsese at the wheel that it would be a lot better. It is ashame because I proper wanted to love it as well

biggest one in the way too long films category is wolf of wall street. that could’ve been over and done with in about 45 minutes. 

On 30/11/2019 at 16:34, Tuna said:

I love the "Beige Volvo" trilogy of Con Air, Face/Off and The Rock. But yes, he's basically done a load of shit since 2014.

For me,  it has even got to the stage when I honestly think Cage is just trolling us all with his film choices.  

Just finished The Irishman - absolutely outstanding. Storyline, soundtrack, the cast just incredible. 

Knowledge of the 60's political climate necessary but up there the other mafia classics.

He did well to get it all into three and a half hours.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Just finished The Irishman - absolutely outstanding. Storyline, soundtrack, the cast just incredible. 

Knowledge of the 60's political climate necessary but up there the other mafia classics.

He did well to get it all into three and a half hours.

Tempted to treat it like a mini series and do one 5 minute episode a night.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Tempted to treat it like a mini series and do one 5 minute episode a night.

lol

I'm the opposite of @ScouseFox - nothing better than seeing a really long movie in the warmth, lights out with a bottle of something to keep you company, just doesn't feel the same watching a film in parts.

I think the full edit of One Upon a Time in America (another De Niro classic btw) was about 8 hours before being cut to 4 1/2 - I would love to have tried the former. 

5 hours ago, MattP said:

lol

I'm the opposite of @ScouseFox - nothing better than seeing a really long movie in the warmth, lights out with a bottle of something to keep you company, just doesn't feel the same watching a film in parts.

I think the full edit of One Upon a Time in America (another De Niro classic btw) was about 8 hours before being cut to 4 1/2 - I would love to have tried the former. 

I'm terrible watching films in the comfort of my own home. Too many distractions, too easy to pause and go to the loo. I'd much rather be in a cinema where I have to manage my own bladder and behave in a dark room full of strangers.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm terrible watching films in the comfort of my own home. Too many distractions, too easy to pause and go to the loo. I'd much rather be in a cinema where I have to manage my own bladder and behave in a dark room full of strangers.

Glass, bottle of whisky, tub of ice. Nothing else. No need for the toilet.

Which remind me, the watermelon scene in the Irishman. lol

6 hours ago, MattP said:

lol

I watched that again last weekend. It's always a bit difficult to find a 5 hour window of opportunity, so it's been a while.

I was reading a few reviews & stuff. I never knew that it flopped in the USA. Like you said, Leone wanted an even longer version than what was eventually released (in Europe). Because the studio didn't think US audiences could handle going without food for 4 & a half hours, it was shortened to a little over 2 hours. As bad as that is, it was edited so that the scenes were in chronological order. Mental

3 hours ago, Soup said:

So went to see Knives Out. Best film I've seen this year I reckon. 10/10

Glad you enjoyed it.

I was dragged to Frozen 2 by my little nephew today and even forced to like it (I definitely didn’t drag him along so I didn’t look like a paedo).

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778

Looks quite fun. I wonder if the 80s theme was always the plan or did the popularity of Stranger Things play a role. 

Edited by seanfox778