Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Hotel Mumbai last night with the Mrs. For a film that was supposed to be 118 minutes it seemed to go on far longer and not in a negative way, we were both fairly gripped the whole way through. I was 16 when the events happened and I genuinely can't believe the sheer terror of being put in that situation.

On a similar storyline, if you haven't seen the to show 19-2, the first episode of the 2nd season focuses on an active shooter storyline at a school, I've never lived through an episode of tv/film like it.

• Like 1

Got round to watching Terminator Dark Fate over the weekend.  It was a good action movie with some interesting characters thrown in.  If I was being picky I'd say there was a little too much action and not enough focus on the characters.  Also some of the CGI looked off - not the Rev-9, who was pretty damn good as the bad guy, but some of the secondary stuff like wheel rims on tarmac, and just too damn dark in places to tell what was going on.

It's never going to beat the classic T2, but it comes about as close as it can get.  Arnie does a decent job as Carl and I reckon that's the last one he will do.  Leaves it open for more sequels, Cameron has a trilogy in the works, so hopefully it will keep on coming.  Some of the futuristic stuff looked great.

Oh, and the opening sequence, although controversial in the follow up to T2, looked pretty damned amazing.  That was a great start.  How they pulled that one off to look so believable is incredible.

(sorry, never know if these have been discussed)

Diego Maradona

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Maradona_(film)

Finally got to watching this last night. Listened to a podcast featuring the director about the sheer effort that went into this, absolutely enormous amounts of work, and some of the footage they've managed to dig up is tremendous.

I think it's a cracking final product, though. Focusing on his time in Naples, his slide to cartels/mafia and drugs, slowly owning him and his final decline. There's a great underlying theme about him having two personalities (don't want to give anything much away) and essentially one took over the other as it all got too much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Watched a film called Sully earlier pretty good. Apparently based on a true story but I don’t believe that at all, you do not land a plane on water and survive. 

i watched that last week an all. was pretty cool. couldn't really work out why they were all pissed at him but never mind. 

A brand new Sonic The Hedgehog trailer. 

Let's be honest, the film looks awful, but it's very interesting to see how Paramount have reacted to the pressure from the people who will actually go and see the film. Seems like they've reworked the animations completely after the uproar (and let's face it, the character design was god-awful previously.) - Something I've never really seen before in Hollywood.

1089669643_ScreenShot2019-11-12at12_04_41.png.c895dc912931c6d77950f30040d1fdc2.png

Edited by RoboFox