Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

27 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Decided to watch a good old film tonight, No country for old men.

a) How the **** have we reached a point when No Country For Old Men can be classed as an 'old film'?

and

b) Holy shit I've just googled it and it came out in TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN. That's insane.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

a) How the **** have we reached a point when No Country For Old Men can be classed as an 'old film'?

and

b) Holy shit I've just googled it and it came out in TWO THOUSAND AND SEVEN. That's insane.

I'm still getting my head around the Lord of the Rings trilogy being released almost twenty years ago.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Still not old though. If a film from 2007 is old, what do we call films from the 50’s?

16 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

rubbish

Shane was made in 1953 and was excellent ...  in fact, I’m going to watch it again ! ..   you know nowt !

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Shane was made in 1953 and was excellent ...  in fact, I’m going to watch it again ! ..   you know nowt !

Great film. Must watch it again some time. Was one of my Dad's all-time favourites alongside "The Third Man" and a few Bogart films - a great era for film.

Some of those old westerns were of very high quality. "The man who shot Liberty Valance" is another classic, though that came a bit later.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Great film. Must watch it again some time. Was one of my Dad's all-time favourites alongside "The Third Man" and a few Bogart films - a great era for film.

Some of those old westerns were of very high quality. "The man who shot Liberty Valance" is another classic, though that came a bit later.

The Sergio Leone trilogy and Once Upon A Time In the West stand out in that regard.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The Sergio Leone trilogy and Once Upon A Time In the West stand out in that regard.

Very much agree, though I'd rate Once Upon A Time in the West several notches higher than the others - one of the greatest films of all time....& nearly as good as Once Upon A Time in America (a minority opinion, possibly).

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The Dead Don't Die.

What a piece of tosh.

I had such high hopes seeing the cast list, and all I'm left with is 100 wasted minutes. One big nothing of a film, utterly pointless, bereft of energy or excitement.

Copy and paste into the match thread at 4pm

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

For those that go to the cinema a few times a year, if you switch banks to a Club Lloyds account, you get 6 free Cineworld tickets per year. I've been on it for two years now and it's well worth it given the ticket prices nowadays. 

It's a good shout if you enjoy the cinema. Tickets are ~£10+ these days, then any drinks or snacks on top can make it fairly costly. 

Guest seanfox778
12 hours ago, The Bear said:

For those that go to the cinema a few times a year, if you switch banks to a Club Lloyds account, you get 6 free Cineworld tickets per year. I've been on it for two years now and it's well worth it given the ticket prices nowadays. 

Also a good thing to do is get a days travel insurance for somewhere random, I picked a day in Bristol for 90p with Compare the Meerkat and you get 2 for 1 cinema tickets for a year.