Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

15 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Feeling unwell so can't sleep and am currently watching the 2010 version of True Grit so which would you consider to be the better movie, True Grit with John Wayne or the more modern Jeff Bridges version?

I can't decide to be honest.

I prefer the new version although John Wayne made the role his.

7 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Well, is this a first?

I believe so.  Unacceptable imo, if the film isn't finished don't ask people to pay ludicrous cinema prices to see it.  Should have learned from the Sonic saga where the studio saw the backlash to the trailer and dealt with it, instead they decided a Christmas release was more important than a finished product.  I don't care about this film but I really hope it doesn't set a precedent for future releases.

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Me and my history-loving friends will be all over Mendes' newest movie:

Yeah, looks interesting, historic war movies are a favourite of mines, still waiting for a proper movie about the Pedestal convoy of WW2 but doubt it will ever happen because it would cost a fortune to film.

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Watched Hotel Mumbai last night ...   thought for a minute it was about some old biddies who are on a trip to India :) ...   but it was about the terrorist attack on the city ...   gripping from start to finish and highly recommended ...   

Watched it earlier in the year. Have to say thought it was a decent watch.

6 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Just started watching band of brothers, as being very interested in ww2, i cannot believe its took me so long!!! Very well done, nothing but bloody respect for all them men, who fought

Try Pacific afterwards, similar and a bit more slow to get going, though you may already know what happens to one of the characters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Try Pacific afterwards, similar and a bit more slow to get going, though you may already know what happens to one of the characters.

One thing that irritates me with band of brothers is, with all the British actors acting a

American, why didn’t they just make it about the British Invasion of normandy 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's being released under the Fox label, so definitely not MCU. 

Disney/Marvel owns Fox and Feige green lit the release apparently since it has been sitting in limbo for a couple of years now, I'm guessing he will see how it performs since they will at some point bring the full X-men and Fantastic Four into the MCU.

They are really powering forwards now with at least 3 MCU TV series and 4 movies next year?

Ohhh, Christian Bale is in talks for the next Thor movie.

Edited by ithuriel

Guest seanfox778

JoJo Rabbit - 8/10

Funny film about a young Nazi questioning what he's been passionate about in his life so far.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - 4/10

Came out feeling like I was force fed (pun intended) a bowl of member berries.

The Gentlemen - 9/10

Loved this, Ritchie's best film since Snatch.

Arrival - 8/10

Late to the party with this one. Slow burner but felt like it had a rewarding ending.

Edited by seanfox778

On 07/01/2020 at 11:21, lestajigs said:

One thing that irritates me with band of brothers is, with all the British actors acting a

American, why didn’t they just make it about the British Invasion of normandy 

It was based on a book written about the veterans of Easy Company. British actors portraying Americans is just standard Hollywood procedure.