Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778
8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I saw 1917 last night. Thought it was brilliant but wish I never had to witness the trailer (was advertised before another film), as it would have been 10 times better going into it blind. I hate trailers.

Anyway, thought it was bonkers. The scenes in the destroyed French town and flares were incredible. 

I think if I never saw the trailers, it'd be a 8.5/10. But will give it a 7.5. 

Can't stand full trailers, they give away so much. Especially in a cinema where you can't exactly look away. I heard they originally used to be shown at the end of the film, hence the name trailers, they should go back to that.

Teaser trailers can be good though, this is the best one...

Watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. Usually I avoid Adam Sandler but it was really good imo. Only downside was the scenes where there are 10 people all shouting at the same time, that got tiresome, but it was great apart from that. Recommend going in without watching the trailer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. Usually I avoid Adam Sandler but it was really good imo. Only downside was the scenes where there are 10 people all shouting at the same time, that got tiresome, but it was great apart from that. Recommend going in without watching the trailer.

I watched it last night too. I think I enjoyed it but it didn’t blow me away. Was definitely quite entertaining though but like you said some of the shouting scenes were annoying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I watched it last night too. I think I enjoyed it but it didn’t blow me away. Was definitely quite entertaining though but like you said some of the shouting scenes were annoying.

I just watched this too. Unbelievably irritating film. Sandler's performance was decent but the film had already lost me 30 mins in. I managed to stick with it and the last 1/4 was good, but over an hour and a half of incredibly annoying people shouting over each other in every scene was the main thing I took away from it. 

Nowhere near as good as Punch Drunk Love or Reign Over Me. Not by a long way. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, rico said:

New SAW film written by Chris Rock

I find it hard to imagine Chris Rock in a 'serious' film (ie. not a comedy).  His voice alone makes me want to start laughing, it's quite a handicap when you want to play the gritty detective in a horror flick lol 

3 hours ago, rico said:

New SAW film written by Chris Rock

Nothing will ever top the original.  The ending on that one and the train station scene in Hostel will stay long in the memory in terms of audience reaction in the screen.  Just brilliant.  

Strange time to release as well, you'd expect an October release.  Although the follow up to Halloween comes out that month and you'd expect a decent follow up to the excellent reboot of that in 2018.

I'll still be there to watch this though :thumbup:

Guest seanfox778

Richard Jewell - 8/10

Based on a true story about the investigation of the 1996 Olympic bombing, film is directed by Clint Eastwood. I knew nothing about the story which I think is one of the reasons I found it so engrossing. Sam Rockwell is always great value for a solid acting performance but the guy who played the title role was brilliant. Great story and some brilliant efforts from the cast.

Anyone who has enjoyed or wants to watch Parasite, I also very much recommend watching Snowpiercer which was also directed by Bong Joon-ho

Really good film with some good twists and turns that keep your attention

Bong managed to piss off Harvey Weinstein who was the producer so the film ended up being very much under marketed and didn’t do as well as it could have done revenue wise

Very underrated film, can be watched on Amazon Prime

• Like 2