Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 12/08/2020 at 10:57, goose2010 said:

Went to the cinema last night. Was good to be back there. Watched unhinged, Russell Crowe's new film was OK nothing special but enjoyed it. 

I see Tenet is coming out now. Thry are taking a huge gamble releasing it in Europe but not in the states but will definitely book to go see that. 

A refreshing gamble though IMO - not a sequel, not a superhero or franchise film - an original story from a modern day auteur who writes and directs his own stuff and achieves it all on camera with special effects instead of limitless CGI. The gamble could pay off if reviews and word of mouth are good - with different regions staggering their cinema reopenings it could be in theatres for months longer than it usually would.

• Like 1

Gone big on the cast for the Suicide Squad sequel

Returning: Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn), Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Joel Kinnaman (Rick Flag), Jai Courtney (Captain Boomerang)

New: David Dastmalchian (Polka-Dot Man), Idris Elba (Bloodsport), John Cena (Peacemaker), Nathan Fillion (T.D.K), Peter Capaldi (The Thinker), Pete Davison (Black Guard), Alice Braga (Solsoria), Sean Gunn (Weasel), Michael Rooker (Savant), and also Taika Waititi in an unknown role

Hopefully James Gunn gets this film better than the 1st film

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

LOVED LOVED LOVED Tenet. 

I got it, but I'll still want to rewatch again and again.

That Guardian reviewer who gave it 2/5 in a depressing critique last week needs to have some cake or stroke a pet, or something, because it is an utterly glorious movie.

It was my first trip back to the cinema post lockdown.  Cinemas have not been open as long up here.  It was fairly deserted. :(

You forget how much the sound goes through you.  Especially the awesome soundtrack for this film.

Well worth it.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 23:04, Swarles Barkley said:

I see you on netflix

incredibly surprised over how good it was. 

Best movie ive watched this year

10/10

Have to agree, went in to this not knowing what it was about, great twists and turns...

Guest seanfox778

I've been to see Tenet twice now, i enjoyed it even more the 2nd time. I've never been so impressed with the sound of a movie in the cinema, it powers through your core! I also love how against CGI Christopher Nolan is, the action scenes are all the better for it. 

On 03/09/2020 at 07:44, RobHawk said:

Molly's game on iPlayer was an interesting watch with a great cast

I looked it up online a bit after the film-  apparently the Player X is actually Tobey Maguire and Leo Di Carpio was also involved on a regular basis.    Good film I agree.  

• Tenet- Very good film! the score is a little overwhelming at times which muffles some of the dialogue, apart from that this was bread & butter Nolan. Up there with his best work in Inception, Interstellar & Batman begins, lots to like in this such as the pace, score, action sequences & script. To summarize simply its Inception meets James Bond 8.5/10. 

By the way, for anyone who has seen Tenet, when they are talking about the "secret sign", I could only think of this emoticon  thingy:

:brendan:

"If we had scored one more that evening, we could have had TENET Southampton"...

• Haha 2