Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Guest MattP

Stench in the Guardian, never thought I'd see that.

Hes a top bloke though - bleeds Leicester and loves his football and cricket.

Yep wicket seemed fine. Few a bit low. Some if the shot selection today was awful. 

Still got a good chance. No rush. No need to crash it about just get in and push it about. 

Azad should open from now on. Let's get Dexter in at 3. 

We've got this. I'm confident

• Like 1

Was down this morning mostly poor batting wicket don't seem to be doing that muchThe mystery over Dexter  goes  on Paul Nixon told me because of legal issues the club are unable to comment on why he's unavailable for selection even though he's been playing for the seconds

Cosgrove, going well with the dogged Hasan, then tries to hit one out of the ground and is caught. It is just so disappointing. If they get you out, then fair enough. Ackermann just went to a good'un, but to just give it away like that is heart breaking. Our bowling unit has improved considerably under Matt Mason. There have been some improvements in the batting department too, but not enough to win more games. I suppose, trying to be positive, if we can sign a couple of batsman with some County experience next season we could be a good team. And I've said before if he is available let's give Sam Evans a run at the top of the order and see if he can add some fortitude to the top order. Hasan has proved it is possible.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2019 at 03:33, everton carr said:

Was down this morning mostly poor batting wicket don't seem to be doing that muchThe mystery over Dexter  goes  on Paul Nixon told me because of legal issues the club are unable to comment on why he's unavailable for selection even though he's been playing for the seconds

You wonder how the club keeps getting themselves in this situation, particularly after the Carberry mess and what happened with Pettini. They only gave Dexter a year's extension towards the end of last season, what were they thinking? 

Unbalanced squad for sure, with Grittiths taking wickets for the seconds but can't get in the first XL. Meanwhile Horton has clearly gone and was also given an extension in the hope he could repeat his decent red ball season from last year. But Cosgrove seems to have lost any ability to bat in red ball cricket now as he shows no improvement on last year. I think he's still got another year on his contract which is a lot of wages for very little return - will he end up in the seconds next year I wonder. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We need to get Azad signed up on a long deal ASAP as I think he’s only on a summer contract, also we should be getting Taylor and Mike on long deals as well just to give the squad some long term stability 

Azad looks to have a solid technique - leaves well, good organised defensive shots and patience! Could be a really good player for us.