BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just got an email to confirm the headset I ordered off Game's website has shipped.  :yahoo:

Normally it wouldn't be all that exciting news but there's a bit of backstory here:  I was going through various sites comparing the available low-end sets (I was thinking a budget of at most £30, didn't want to break the bank over it) but for some reason even though I'd sorted the listings in ascending price order there was a name-brand set priced at £89.99 sitting near the top of Game's first page of headsets.  So I clicked on it thinking there must be some error and, sure enough, Game were only selling it for the price mentioned but there in the list of associated vendors is a set being offered for an absurdly low £11.83.  Now this was obviously a decimal error - some of the other 3rd party vendors were offering them for over £100 so I figured it was supposed to say £118.30 or something but I placed a cheeky order anyway expecting to get an email saying something like "sorry there's been a mistake and we can't sell you this product".  Nope.  It's been shipped. :D 

Then again I've had another look at the listing today expecting to see the price shifted upwards and that company aren't even offering the headset anymore so maybe it was their last in stock and they were just trying to flog it quick or something, who knows?  Now I just have to hope when it shows up it's not a completely defective set...

Back at work after a few days off with the runs. So busy at this time of year and it’s a nightmare because when I started I said I can only do hours I do because my wife works when I get home but they still insist on trying to guilt me into staying because they have to stay. I would like to stay and help to take the pressure off people but I genuinely can’t. Really annoys me that they know I can’t but they get funny about it. My wife earns more hourly than I do and would get into troublefor being late. It’s not worth paying someone to have the kids for and hour in between me getting home and her getting to work it would just mess with there routine as it’s hard enough that the youngest doesn’t want her to go to work anyway. Ahhhh Wel hope everyone has had a good day  I’m sure I haven’t had the worst rant over 😂

On 15/10/2018 at 09:56, Stadt said:

Got a call from my mum yesterday saying one of the cats had been missing since Friday, she rang again later saying he’d came back but had been hit by a car as his jaw was broken and he’d lost an eye. Took him to an emergency vets but he was put down last night :cry:

did the cat really have to be put down? because our cat (when it was only 6 months old) found its way home with a smashed up jaw and ended up losing an eye - his face was pretty much smashed up and could only just breathe out of his mouth. other than the eye and lost teeth, he has fully recovered. 

Edited by don_danbury

38 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Back at work after a few days off with the runs. So busy at this time of year and it’s a nightmare because when I started I said I can only do hours I do because my wife works when I get home but they still insist on trying to guilt me into staying because they have to stay. I would like to stay and help to take the pressure off people but I genuinely can’t. Really annoys me that they know I can’t but they get funny about it. My wife earns more hourly than I do and would get into troublefor being late. It’s not worth paying someone to have the kids for and hour in between me getting home and her getting to work it would just mess with there routine as it’s hard enough that the youngest doesn’t want her to go to work anyway. Ahhhh Wel hope everyone has had a good day  I’m sure I haven’t had the worst rant over 😂

Just tell them,your more than happy to stay,that you've got use to the smell,but can they take the shit  all over the place....:cry:

17 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

did the cat really have to be put down? because our cat (when it was only 6 months old) found its way home with a smashed up jaw and ended up losing an eye - his face was pretty much smashed up and could only just breathe out of his mouth. other than the eye and lost teeth, he has fully recovered. 

I wasn’t there, my mum said the vets took the decision because he was in such a bad way and was in far too much pain. He’d probably been hit in on the Friday too and made his way back somehow on Sunday so he’d spent a lot of time in pain and injured 

47 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I wasn’t there, my mum said the vets took the decision because he was in such a bad way and was in far too much pain. He’d probably been hit in on the Friday too and made his way back somehow on Sunday so he’d spent a lot of time in pain and injured 

that sucks. unbelievable that they can still find their way home when in such pain.

• Like 1