Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Back at work after a few days off with the runs. So busy at this time of year and it’s a nightmare because when I started I said I can only do hours I do because my wife works when I get home but they still insist on trying to guilt me into staying because they have to stay. I would like to stay and help to take the pressure off people but I genuinely can’t. Really annoys me that they know I can’t but they get funny about it. My wife earns more hourly than I do and would get into troublefor being late. It’s not worth paying someone to have the kids for and hour in between me getting home and her getting to work it would just mess with there routine as it’s hard enough that the youngest doesn’t want her to go to work anyway. Ahhhh Wel hope everyone has had a good day  I’m sure I haven’t had the worst rant over ?

On 15/10/2018 at 09:56, Stadt said:

Got a call from my mum yesterday saying one of the cats had been missing since Friday, she rang again later saying he’d came back but had been hit by a car as his jaw was broken and he’d lost an eye. Took him to an emergency vets but he was put down last night :cry:

did the cat really have to be put down? because our cat (when it was only 6 months old) found its way home with a smashed up jaw and ended up losing an eye - his face was pretty much smashed up and could only just breathe out of his mouth. other than the eye and lost teeth, he has fully recovered. 

Edited by don_danbury

38 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Back at work after a few days off with the runs. So busy at this time of year and it’s a nightmare because when I started I said I can only do hours I do because my wife works when I get home but they still insist on trying to guilt me into staying because they have to stay. I would like to stay and help to take the pressure off people but I genuinely can’t. Really annoys me that they know I can’t but they get funny about it. My wife earns more hourly than I do and would get into troublefor being late. It’s not worth paying someone to have the kids for and hour in between me getting home and her getting to work it would just mess with there routine as it’s hard enough that the youngest doesn’t want her to go to work anyway. Ahhhh Wel hope everyone has had a good day  I’m sure I haven’t had the worst rant over ?

Just tell them,your more than happy to stay,that you've got use to the smell,but can they take the shit  all over the place....:cry:

17 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

did the cat really have to be put down? because our cat (when it was only 6 months old) found its way home with a smashed up jaw and ended up losing an eye - his face was pretty much smashed up and could only just breathe out of his mouth. other than the eye and lost teeth, he has fully recovered. 

I wasn’t there, my mum said the vets took the decision because he was in such a bad way and was in far too much pain. He’d probably been hit in on the Friday too and made his way back somehow on Sunday so he’d spent a lot of time in pain and injured 

47 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I wasn’t there, my mum said the vets took the decision because he was in such a bad way and was in far too much pain. He’d probably been hit in on the Friday too and made his way back somehow on Sunday so he’d spent a lot of time in pain and injured 

that sucks. unbelievable that they can still find their way home when in such pain.

• Like 1

Feeling like a bit of a muppet. Three months ago I walked way from a comfortable permanent job to go contracting. Took a six month gig that very quickly became apparent didn't have anywhere near the amount of work they claimed and today was handed my two week notice halfway through. It's the nature of the beast, but still unpleasant to know you've only got two weeks to get a new job.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Feeling like a bit of a muppet. Three months ago I walked way from a comfortable permanent job to go contracting. Took a six month gig that very quickly became apparent didn't have anywhere near the amount of work they claimed and today was handed my two week notice halfway through. It's the nature of the beast, but still unpleasant to know you've only got two weeks to get a new job.

That sucks but shit happens.

Best of luck with your search,  im sure something will come up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Mate, I walked away from a comfortable permanent job 10 years ago to go contracting (work for myself). Even when it's quiet and I've got no work on, I still count my lucky stars that I'm not a slave to the corporate world any longer. I know a few guys who do 3-6 month interim gigs then nothing for the next 3-6 months but they're used to the up's and down's, peaks and troughs now. (And they can earn the same in 3-6 months contracting as they did in a 'normal' job and still get half the year off!)

No need to feel like a muppet, it's not your fault and it's nothing personal. If you're good at what you do and your skills are in demand, I'm sure you'll find another gig soon.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Recieved some random orange vest from some bloke in Bulgaria.. wtf!? Never ordered anything from there and I can’t find the guy in any emails or shopping accounts.

@Countryfox might like them to go with his orange shorts. Would need to be XXXL size, though. :whistle:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Recieved some random orange vest from some bloke in Bulgaria.. wtf!? Never ordered anything from there and I can’t find the guy in any emails or shopping accounts.

If they get in touch with you again mate and offer any more orange freeby vests can you get one for me please, in XXXL ...    they'd go with my shorts ...   cheers ...   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My old man passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer. 58 years old. Gone 6 months after his diagnosis. Absolutely horrific disease that really does hold no prisoners. The deterioration over the past 3 months was incredible. I went with my grandad to the KP yesterday lunch time, the combination of my personal situation and of the tragic loss of our owner really hit home looking at all of the tributes down there. Really had to fight back the tears. 

Tough few days. I’ve never had deal with the aftermath of a loved ones death before, there is so much to do, I’ll be surprised if I get a chance to grieve properly before the funeral. 

• Sad 14

14 minutes ago, stix said:

My old man passed away yesterday after a short battle with cancer. 58 years old. Gone 6 months after his diagnosis. Absolutely horrific disease that really does hold no prisoners. The deterioration over the past 3 months was incredible. I went with my grandad to the KP yesterday lunch time, the combination of my personal situation and of the tragic loss of our owner really hit home looking at all of the tributes down there. Really had to fight back the tears. 

Tough few days. I’ve never had deal with the aftermath of a loved ones death before, there is so much to do, I’ll be surprised if I get a chance to grieve properly before the funeral. 

Very sorry to hear about your loss mate :cry:

Don't know what else to say apart from stay strong for the rest of your family and just allow your natural emotions to flow at this difficult time x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stix said:

I’m really sorry to hear this mate, stay strong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stix said:

Very sad news,know what your going through,as many others on here do.

Best wishes to you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stix said:

Sorry to hear about this. I imagine that life may seem cruelly unfair or random just now. As Izzy suggested, I think it's important to be true to your feelings and not feel that you should respond in any particular way at any particular time. Different people react differently - and at different stages. There's no "right way" to deal with it. I even found that my reaction to my Dad's death was quite different to my Mum's.

I know what you mean about there being a lot to do, keeping you busy before a parental funeral. To me, the funerals seemed like watersheds between two different phases of grieving - more hectic and with more distractions before, more time to yourself (which can be both good and bad) after. I found the funerals a helpful early stage in the coming-to-terms process. I think a lot of people find it to be a long-term process, months/years, not days/weeks, though the pain and sadness hopefully becomes less intense and less frequent as time goes by and life carries on. Be kind to yourself, I'd say, however you happen to experience it and deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had gone 6 weeks without a drink,

not that I have a drink problem but it goes hand in hand with everything else if you catch me drift,

so now I’m downstairs drinking me brandy,and doing what I shouldn’t,

i rang my mrs earlier to tell her of my intentions tonight and the reason why I’m doing It,

which she hates but Has turned a blind eye tonight,

yet I don’t feel good getting high,

if anything I feel I’ve let myself down,

but I imagine myself talking to vichi,

saying I have let everyone down,

and him smiling back telling me to forget it and move on,which is how I imagine him to be,smiling as he sez it,tomorrow will be the 1st day of the rest of my life,some look to god for inspiration,I think of vichi?

Edited by Russell sprout

7 hours ago, stix said:

Sorry for your loss, Its tough. Lost my mum to cancer when she was 57 in 2011. She had a bit longer with about 22 months from diagnosis to passing. Was with her when she took her last breath and its both comforting and haunting at the same time. You never truly get over it, life just happens and you deal with it. When you have moments to ponder the memories come back.... but you know they are no longer in crappy pain so a positive.

I felt like i didnt get to grieve until after the funeral when everyone went back to their normal routines and i was stuck trying to live without mum around anymore.

Ive since had 2 kids and they have made life much better (and at times painful  lol ).

Take it a day at a time. Keep up with the wanking though, it helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coached my U10's team this morning and lead the minutes silence which was pretty emotional but the boys were great.

After the game a bloke came over and shook my hand and thanked me for everything and he proceeded to tell me what a great job all the coaches did etc, etc.

I thought I recognised him so asked if I knew him and he told me he was a Premier League Linesman. His name is Mark Scholes and he's running the line at Wolves v Spurs this evening.

He lives in a local village and said he fancied coming along to see a bit of grass roots lads football. He also does some coaching at local schools in his spare time.

Really nice bloke and his comments meant a lot. Obviously Millwall fans don't like him though lol

Related image

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Coached my U10's team this morning and lead the minutes silence which was pretty emotional but the boys were great.

After the game a bloke came over and shook my hand and thanked me for everything and he proceeded to tell me what a great job all the coaches did etc, etc.

I thought I recognised him so asked if I knew him and he told me he was a Premier League Linesman. His name is Mark Scholes and he's running the line at Wolves v Spurs this evening.

He lives in a local village and said he fancied coming along to see a bit of grass roots lads football. He also does some coaching at local schools in his spare time.

Really nice bloke and his comments meant a lot. Obviously Millwall fans don't like him though lol

Related image

I think it’s great that  professional officials are so involved with local grassroots football. My son plays for Harborough Town, they played a game somewhere in Leicester at the end of last season and Kevin Friend refereed ! He used the spray for free kicks, spoke nicely to the players etc. I was amazed 

Edited by STEVIE B
Spelling
  • Like 4