Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

28 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks. Things went OK. There were even some smiles at my nephew (son) reading. Songs  played (cant remember the first think it was Suzi Quatro.) The Gambler Kenny Rogers, Sacrifice Elton John and as we were leaving My Boy Lollipop. Millie.

This poem was read out by the one taking the service and after a search found that the author is unknown. If I had written one I would have liked to have written. In fact it is perfect for anyone who has lost a loved one which is why I am sharing it. Well I think it is perfect.

FEEL NO GUILT IN LAUGHTER

Feel no guilt in laughter, he’d know how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that he is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; he would not want you to.
He’d hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So, talk about the good times and the way you showed you cared,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared.
Let memories surround you, a word someone may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour or a day,
That brings him back as clearly as though he were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that he is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And he will live forever locked safely within your heart.

I've just read that to my recently bereaved mother-in-law, Rince.

It made her cry (in a good way).

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanks. Things went OK. There were even some smiles at my nephew (son) reading. Songs  played (cant remember the first think it was Suzi Quatro.) The Gambler Kenny Rogers, Sacrifice Elton John and as we were leaving My Boy Lollipop. Millie.

This poem was read out by the one taking the service and after a search found that the author is unknown. If I had written one I would have liked to have written. In fact it is perfect for anyone who has lost a loved one which is why I am sharing it. Well I think it is perfect.

FEEL NO GUILT IN LAUGHTER

Feel no guilt in laughter, he’d know how much you care.
Feel no sorrow in a smile that he is not here to share.
You cannot grieve forever; he would not want you to.
He’d hope that you could carry on the way you always do.
So, talk about the good times and the way you showed you cared,
The days you spent together, all the happiness you shared.
Let memories surround you, a word someone may say
Will suddenly recapture a time, an hour or a day,
That brings him back as clearly as though he were still here,
And fills you with the feeling that he is always near.
For if you keep those moments, you will never be apart
And he will live forever locked safely within your heart.

Well done buddy - thinking of you.

On 29/03/2017 at 20:36, Wymeswold fox said:

A very nice area of Leicestershire.

The Griffin has been good every time.

I must pay a visit, I usually head for the Curzon Arms in Woodhouse Eaves  if I don't cook at the chalet and raid my own wine stock! :) 

Don't know what it is but have felt physically anxious (feeling tense, restless and more adrenaline-pumped than usual) for past few mornings. Got no major worries currently but struggling to rest in bed as well and also feel/look tired in the morning but mentally alert..

Has anyone else experienced this before and recommend anything in particular? Thanks.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't know what it is but have felt physically anxious (feeling tense, restless and more adrenaline-pumped than usual) for past few mornings. Got no major worries currently but struggling to rest in bed as well and also feel/look tired in the morning but mentally alert..

Has anyone else experienced this before and recommend anything in particular? Thanks.

I recommend a divorce. Your wife has a supernatural hold on you and you don't even realise. Escape while you still can

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Maybe life has become too dull and routine and you're getting frustrated with it? Do you need to change something in life (job, relationship, social life, out-of-work pursuits)?

Alternatively, maybe you're not getting enough physical exercise (can affect sleep)? Perhaps you need more physical exercise (alone or with others, fnar! fnar!).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Maybe life has become too dull and routine and you're getting frustrated with it? Do you need to change something in life (job, relationship, social life, out-of-work pursuits)?

Alternatively, maybe you're not getting enough physical exercise (can affect sleep)? Perhaps you need more physical exercise (alone or with others, fnar! fnar!).

The latter part could be the reason, actually.

Mainly at a sit-down desk at work, and don't do physical hobbies like running etc. Due to work, comprising of working any day at relatively short-notice, doing physical stuff at the end of a working day would currently feel like more of a chore than it being both physically-beneficial and enjoyable to do. May well have to alter this perception and do more to help the body.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Adrenaline is our body's way of preparing us to deal with a potential threat. 

If you're feeling 'adrenaline-pumped', you're probably feeling threatened or unsafe about something (even if it's sub conscious). It's our body's way of preparing us for battle just like it was 100,000 years ago when the sabre tooth tiger was out to get us...(fight or flight etc.)

Physical anxiety, tension and restlessness are all manifestations of this, and the fact you are mentally 'alert' also suggests you might be ready for some sort of confrontation. Are your job and relationships 'safe' for example, or is something at risk?

You sound 'on edge' and like you're ready for something to happen. Is there something in your life right now which is uncertain or in danger?

If it continues, I'd definitely see your GP mate and explain your symptoms to him/her. 

P.S. If I exercise before bed time it makes me feel even more 'wired' and it takes me even longer to drop off to sleep...

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Adrenaline is our body's way of preparing us to deal with a potential threat. 

If you're feeling 'adrenaline-pumped', you're probably feeling threatened or unsafe about something (even if it's sub conscious). It's our body's way of preparing us for battle just like it was 100,000 years ago when the sabre tooth tiger was out to get us...(fight or flight etc.)

Physical anxiety, tension and restlessness are all manifestations of this, and the fact you are mentally 'alert' also suggests you might be ready for some sort of confrontation. Are your job and relationships 'safe' for example, or is something at risk?

You sound 'on edge' and like you're ready for something to happen. Is there something in your life right now which is uncertain or in danger?

If it continues, I'd definitely see your GP mate and explain your symptoms to him/her. 

P.S. If I exercise before bed time it makes me feel even more 'wired' and it takes me even longer to drop off to sleep...

Spot on mate...

• Like 1

Down in Portsmouth for a couple of days with the wife and kids on half term. Staying in a hotel near to Fratton Park and recognised a few local pubs from when I was down here last on a Leicester away day back in the early 90's. I remembered it was a wet mid week game and we lost so checked the history section on here. Div 2, Tuesday November 5th 1991, lost 1-0, 7,147 crowd. The history section on FT is brilliant for this kind of thing :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Getting off the bus today, I went to say "Cheers" to the driver as I got off, the word "thanks" jumped into my mouth as I spoke and i ended up saying "SHIT". that was fun :) 

Reminds me of another one off the bog wall in the Fox ...  

IMG_1804.JPG

• Like 4

My god work can be so frustrating.

I work as a planner for GE and I am currently working on a schedule for an outage this August.

Now I am off all of next week to go to Madrid and I wanted this schedule in a sound workable state that reflects correct up to date information. At the end of last week I emailed various people saying that if there are any changes that need to be made I need to know early this week so I have plenty of time to make necessary changes before I leave on Friday.

So what do I get on a Thursday afternoon? A poxy email that tells me of some major changes that need to be made and/or information that contradicts everything i've been told to do so far. Now I need to contact the guy who emailed me who is now driving back home on a 4 hour journey so I cant contact until tomorrow morning :ermm:

Friday is going to be a very f****** annoying day. If they think I am staying past 3pm they have another thing coming