Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

43 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Funny You say that. I need a new boiler ! Being fitted on Monday ( April 1st of all days ) Had about 23 years out of the one l have, so can’t complain really 

Spooky ...   man coming to fix my very old boiler on Monday ...   

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Oh, dear.

Has she fallen off her broomstick again?

Double spooky !! ...   that old boiler arrives tomorrow ....   mothering/boiler Sunday and all that ...   must remember to put the landing lights on ...    :)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Decent. 

My partner brought our our first child into the world. 

Congrats!

Best feeling for sure.

Whats better is when they arent yours and you can hand them back and fck off back home for a decent sleep lol.

Enjoy it, they grow too fast. Mine are 6 and 4 but feels like they were born yesterday at times.

Great day ! ...   several generations of mothering folk/boilers out celebrating, so me and Postman Pat took the mutts for a long walk to the next village and had a nice few pints of Tribute and a couple of cheese and onion cobs for lunch ...  then home for a sporting feast of prem footy and the GP ...   then !! ...    a tasty plate of steak, garlic mushrooms, chips and salad all washed down with a cheeky bottle of red ...   and now ...     a few more episodes of Vikings ...   bliss ....

I love Mothering Sunday !!! ......    :)

27630942-B6AA-4375-92C5-4F317E378F6A.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

And the eagle eyed amongst you will spot there is actually 2 steaks on that plate ...   so you’ll see me on the dieting thread again any time soon ...    :)

Mate, on a clear day I could probably see you from Oadby... :giggle:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

And the eagle eyed amongst you will spot there is actually 2 steaks on that plate ...   so you’ll see me on the dieting thread again any time soon ...    :)

.......Who ate all the steaks.........

Knock at the door last night, I open it to find my mates girlfriend which was a bit random. Turns out she was selling a Gaming Chair which my wife had brought as a surprise for me. No doubt she will want to go book a holiday today or something lol 

Refereed my first game day :unsure:

I have a new found respect for ref’s - it ain’t easy! I was probably too bias the other way to the opposition and penalised our boys too much by trying to be fair.

The other teams coach said I was great but the parents of my lot were a bit pissed off with me :( You can’t please all the people all the time I guess.

Never again, it’s an impossible job :nono:

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I have a new found respect for ref’s - it ain’t easy! I was probably too bias the other way to the opposition and penalised our boys too much by trying to be fair.

The other teams coach said I was great but the parents of my lot were a bit pissed off with me :( You can’t please all the people all the time I guess.

Might as well stick to the jokes mate

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

That brings back a memory from c. 1972....

There was no ref for our cub scouts' match, so the sides agreed that our manager would ref. 

It was quite unusual for lads to get dismissed then, but our manager sent off our volatile right-winger (a redhead, inevitably :ph34r:).

Completely justified decision: the lad had been fouled, lost his temper and went and kicked his opponent off the ball.

It seemed a big deal at the time. I still remember the lad's Dad walking away from the pitch, without a word said, the lad trailing about 20m behind him, head down in shame.

• Like 1