Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 31/05/2021 at 08:15, Duquesne Whistle said:

Yep, rookie mistake that. I always loved Skeggy, just found the bracing tagline an odd selling point. Havn't been there for years. Maybe one good thing to come out of the pandemic will be a (consistent) rise in people taking UK holidays, allowing these run down seaside towns to spend a little money. That's probably more hope than expectation. Shame really, as there's beautiful coastline in the UK.

More likely there'll be a flood of people who want get on a plane to go wherever they can in Europe and get English breakfasts and a roast dinner on a Sunday and drink John Smith's and complain about the sun being too hot and the beach being full of Germans and the sausages aren't like they are at home and why is the bacon smoked.

A bit like this:

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Please do go on... details... 

Would he not accept your bus pass? :P

Hahaha.... Nope just none of them ever flipping smile or speak to you like a normal person. 

Day 3 of isolation. Currently living in the centre of town sitting on the balcony overlooking the city. I'm normally climbing the walls when stuck indoors but I'm finding it rather relaxing. Currently listening to the Shawshank Redemption soundtrack. Very chilled out

• Like 1

Had my first vaccine this morning. 

Absolutely incredible. Walked straight in and sat down. Done within 20 mins. All of the volunteers were unbelievably lovely and affable. Like, I wanted to stop and chat to them all and give them a hug. 

I might not have felt the vaccine, but I FELT it, y'know? :cry:

Restores some of my faith in humanity, man. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Absolutely incredible. Walked straight in and sat down. Done within 20 mins. All of the volunteers were unbelievably lovely and affable. Like, I wanted to stop and chat to them all and give them a hug. 

That's beautiful man.

Check in with us again around 2am tomorrow morning when you feel like you're about to die from the side effects :D

• Haha 1

I am feeling good given the fact that the LCFC themed mugs I ordered from the club's website arrived at my home today. :yahoo:

(For anyone wondering the 2 mugs that I ordered were "Leicester City Spinning Football Mug" and "Leicester City Multi Text & Crest Mug". Will definitely be of great use given that I am an avid tea drinker. lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Good day yesterday. Been a stressful year fuelled by wedding planning for the majority of it and the unknown of what could happen/what's allowed. On top of that went for a interview for a promotion as a secondment last Friday. Got the call yesterday to say I was successful :D

Congratulations 😊 I got a similar call today, but telling me that I was unsuccessful. I think I'm too tired from my jab yesterday to care though lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Congratulations 😊 I got a similar call today, but telling me that I was unsuccessful. I think I'm too tired from my jab yesterday to care though lol

Thanks! 

lol, good luck for the next one! 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 10:49, RoboFox said:

I was similar mate, thanked everyone I spoke to for the work they're going. Was a really slick operation

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Did @StanSPsteal your promotion? lol

Haha unless he's below the actual bottom of the ladder it's doubtful, mine was a sideways step. 

The funniest thing is that I've not long been in my current role, and I'm happy, but last Friday I was head hunted and invited to apply for this one, interviewed yesterday, and told today that I didn't get it lol

So today I'm mildly pissed off that I didn't get a job I didn't even know existed less than a week ago lol

• Haha 1

I had a great day. Smashed out my deliveries in nearly record time, got a payrise and learnt that because its Amazon Prime day in a couple of weeks, I'm on an obscene amount of money for that week.

Then I walked in to Tesco and it ruined everything.

One there for @Izzyand the rest of you who read What Grinds My Gears lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had to go to the General for a blood test - just as I was approaching the pay and display someone was walking out of one of the hospital buildings and offered me their parking ticket as they were going home a few hours earlier than they thought. I offered him some cash as a thank you and to cover the rest of the time but he refused.

A really lovely gesture that made my day!

18 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Any vets/cat experts in the house?

Just noticed my cat has a small red bump on the back of her neck. Had her vaccinated a couple of weeks ago so she can go to a cat hotel, no idea if this is common or potentially a problem? Anyone any ideas please?

c7cf2dc977932fa286377b91c25f54d4.png

By no means a trained professional but it just looks like a sore that cats often get. One of my mother in laws cats gets them in a very similar place quite often. I don’t know if you have one, but can sometimes be caused by the cat flap catching them repeatedly. If that’s what it is just a tube of cream off the vet will sort it. 

100% get it checked by somebody who hasn’t had 4 beers and is actually a vet though :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Any vets/cat experts in the house?

Just noticed my cat has a small red bump on the back of her neck. Had her vaccinated a couple of weeks ago so she can go to a cat hotel, no idea if this is common or potentially a problem? Anyone any ideas please?

Do cats get the Pfizer or Astrazeneca one?

• Haha 2