Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I have a 1st cousin who is apparently aiming for a october 2020 wedding in jamaica. She has stated that she will know who her real family is by who shows up! Lol.

The wife is a teacher and can't take time off then so that rules her out. The kids are in school and i assist with pickup which requires me to be home as nobody can help us with that really. Also, even if i could it's a bit rich to get mad at me for not spending probably $1500 minimum per person to show up at your wedding in Jamaica. That would be $6000 minimum (about £3700). I'm already off to Jamaica this christmas and its costing me way more than 1500 per person.

I dont care where she has the wedding. Im happy for her and hope she has a blast. I also would have no problem going if the timing was better and of course if the dollars are there. But never get mad if 90% of your family doesn't show up when they've got to spend that kind of money. We all got bills, kids, work and other commitments that get in the way at times. 

Remember a few years a guy I know got into an ill-advised engagement and they planned on having the wedding in Thailand. They told us all in the pub they weren't going to do it for two years though "so everyone can save up to come". As if none of us had other stuff we'd like to spend our money on in that time.

Not that I'd have gone but they split up a few weeks later so no harm done.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Haha 3

I got married in the Dominican Republic. Main reason being that it gave a chance for my wife's family to come to it (they live in Venezuela). 

I just told my family the dates and they were more than welcome to join us but by no means did I expect a single person to drop plans to accommodate us. Even my parents. It was a lot of money. Fair play we had a good turn out for the wedding, 2 weeks all inclusive 5 star at Riu Palace. What a beautiful place.

Sounds like your 1st cousin is a right b**** lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I got married in the Dominican Republic. Main reason being that it gave a chance for my wife's family to come to it (they live in Venezuela). 

I just told my family the dates and they were more than welcome to join us but by no means did I expect a single person to drop plans to accommodate us. Even my parents. It was a lot of money. Fair play we had a good turn out for the wedding, 2 weeks all inclusive 5 star at Riu Palace. What a beautiful place.

Shes actually really nice but perhaps young, dumb and bridezilla-ish. She also lives at her parents home and has no true appreciation for money.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I got married in Pocklington's Walk.

• Haha 1

When you go on holiday to a popular destination known for nice beaches and decent weather for this time of year and then for the 4 days you're here, it decides to be on the end of biblical thunderstorms and potential flash floods across the region. And the fact it's the only place in mainland Europe getting hit. 

19 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

People getting married in the Dominican Republic and Mexico have been a minor revenue stream for me over the years.

Just let me know if you need any Spanish certificates translating into English. I'll offer you a "Foxes Talk Discount"......better quality than the big agencies and a lower price. ;)

16 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I got married in Pocklington's Walk.

I got married in Pocklington's Walk...........and divorced via a pile of expensive solicitor's invoices... :D

Also what grinds my gears when there is a goal of the month comp such as this month and clearly Barnes wins just the technique involved etc. Yet when it gets announced you get comments from Liverpool fans saying things like “never Wilson all day long!!!” Or Man U fans saying .”clearly James” whoever James is?!

Why can’t fans just accept an opposition team scoring goal of the month. So strange 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah where does tapas dessert? No where that’s where.

tapas dessert is just pic n mix which tbf is quite decent 

but think of all them starters and then you still have a main coming? oh boy 

On 09/09/2019 at 18:51, z-layrex said:

If you recall my post about my next door neighbour putting his flat on for 10k under mine, we've now lowered ours to 5k under his. Still not a single bloody viewing! Don't understand, it's perfect for commuting to London, top floor, we've decorated it really nicely, wooden floors, new carpets etc. We thought maybe brexit was the problem, but still lots of movement in the area apparently, it's the south east after all!

Fell in love with a couple houses and you just have to watch them go while you sit there helpless. Bah!

Tell me about it.Put mine on the market around March and had about 3 viewings,and we put it on at least 10k under valuation.

Took it down another 10k and not a sole looked.Really frustrating.

My mum has had hers on since January.

Now the good news for me!

Took it off as I was then going to rent it out while I built my house,but costs for a self build mortgage without having a permanent residence was just too much,with building as well.

My wife had a recommendation to use an online company called Doorsteps’s,I had never heard of them,but they were brilliant.

Guy came from Watford to take photos.Loads of them and sends you the lot to chose.His write up was superb.

Within a few days 4 viewings and sold within 2weeks.

Might be luck,I don’t know,but footfall was more in a weekend than in about 6 months.

costs

one off payment upfront of £299 that is it.

You don’t have to use their solicitors.

Good luck,I know how frustrating it is.Now I just get invoices daily from architects,local councils,Building Regs and structural engineers and not a brick has been laid yet!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Tell me about it.Put mine on the market around March and had about 3 viewings,and we put it on at least 10k under valuation.

Took it down another 10k and not a sole looked.Really frustrating.

My mum has had hers on since January.

Now the good news for me!

Took it off as I was then going to rent it out while I built my house,but costs for a self build mortgage without having a permanent residence was just too much,with building as well.

My wife had a recommendation to use an online company called Doorsteps’s,I had never heard of them,but they were brilliant.

Guy came from Watford to take photos.Loads of them and sends you the lot to chose.His write up was superb.

Within a few days 4 viewings and sold within 2weeks.

Might be luck,I don’t know,but footfall was more in a weekend than in about 6 months.

costs

one off payment upfront of £299 that is it.

You don’t have to use their solicitors.

Good luck,I know how frustrating it is.Now I just get invoices daily from architects,local councils,Building Regs and structural engineers and not a brick has been laid yet!!!!

This is encouraging to hear! Could it be that you just went on with the new agent at a better time of year? I mean we're on Zoopla and Rightmove with nice photos at a competitive price, I always assumed that'd be enough to get viewers?