Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who are so fat it becomes incredibly uncomfortable for those sitting next to them on airplanes. 

Had a very awkward 2+ hours on the way back from Ibiza today.

The wobbly sod didn't even apologise once for invading space.

PS. I was too polite to say anything to him or his equally plump Mrs.

[Personal disclosure: I used to be an 18 1/2 stone fatty myself and I apologise to any 'larger' person - but not the bloke on the plane - who is offended by this post]

• Like 3

I'm going to go further to @UpTheLeagueFox

I've doing doing the school runs as I'm currently sick off walk(Shoulder op).

Luckily we live a distance enough for me and my 11+6 year old to walk.

I have to endure seeing the same fat wobbling mums get out of their equallo big fat 4x4's which they park on the double yellow lines(If they could park straight into the reception I'm sure they would!).

Worse still is that I can already see the mini fatness within the kids. Mini rolly Polly's.

How the feck are we to get the next generation into health and fitness when fat ugly mum in her slippers is the example.

Luckily fat lazy mum is in the minority as alot of parents DO walk the kids to school.

Try it- it's actually nice talking to the kids rather than stressing about how close you can park to the gate!!!!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

The continuation of the old news e.g. Geoffrey Boycott receives a Knighthood, Women's domestic abuse charities say it sends the wrong message (Last week). Today an interview is published with his Ex-Partner advising he should give it back? Do we really need to drag this story up again?. 

Disagree here, mate. 

Famous people/Celebs need to and should be accountable for their actions. 

It gives the image that you can be honoured irrelevant of things you've done in the past. Think if he was a 'normal' person, that type of thing follows you as it should. 

He shouldn't be let off for it, yet he's getting a knighthood? Doesn't sit right for me.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, z-layrex said:

This is encouraging to hear! Could it be that you just went on with the new agent at a better time of year? I mean we're on Zoopla and Rightmove with nice photos at a competitive price, I always assumed that'd be enough to get viewers?

Maybe,but it might be that I took it off for a while and then relisted.

might have shown as a “ new” listing.

Had a feeling before that people might have thought “ what’s wrong with the house as it has been on so long” and then not bothered,as Jon the Hat said market is crap Brexit uncertainty is what I was blaming.

As I said before good luck.

just thought,mine could fall through yet!

People who support Liverpool arsenal etc but have no ties to them and live nowhere near them. For example I am in the pub in Ashby and it is just full of Liverpool fans yet they are all locals to here. Really annoys me you should always support your local team. Also makes me laugh these glory supporters making this choice yet we went and won the premier league. 

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

People who support Liverpool arsenal etc but have no ties to them and live nowhere near them. For example I am in the pub in Ashby and it is just full of Liverpool fans yet they are all locals to here. Really annoys me you should always support your local team. Also makes me laugh these glory supporters making this choice yet we went and won the premier league. 

I’ve got no ties to Leicester Una ,and supported them for probably nearly 40 years.

Definetely not for glory in those days,so see where you are coming from with trophy hunters.

Saying that obviously the above,Man Utd but we have a lot of Arsenal,Spurs,Norwich and Ipswich 

probably only 5-10 miles more tbf.

22 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I’ve got no ties to Leicester Una ,and supported them for probably nearly 40 years.

Definetely not for glory in those days,so see where you are coming from with trophy hunters.

Saying that obviously the above,Man Utd but we have a lot of Arsenal,Spurs,Norwich and Ipswich 

probably only 5-10 miles more tbf.

That’s different though. Major respect to you for choosing us.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

There's three reason for supporting a club in my opinion. Local team, family (so parents are from there even if you're not) or something random like pulling them out of a hat.

Although one thing, how far does the local thing go? Surely theres a team in Ashby, so why should the locals be Leicester fans? Is Leicester even their nearest league team? The people who support the huge teams when they are from hundreds of miles away annoy me, but a lot of us are a little like that as we support our local league team not local team. I live in Loughborough (not from here) and it's full of Leicester and Forest fans. Why don't they support Loughboroughs local non league team?

Flashmobs. 

Just **** off. If I want to see people singing and dancing I'll watch a musical on TV or go to the theatre. This is a shopping centre, I'm trying to get stuff done. Just piss off and get out of everyone's way. No-one gives a shit and it's not impressive you self centred pricks. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There's three reason for supporting a club in my opinion. Local team, family (so parents are from there even if you're not) or something random like pulling them out of a hat.

Although one thing, how far does the local thing go? Surely theres a team in Ashby, so why should the locals be Leicester fans? Is Leicester even their nearest league team? The people who support the huge teams when they are from hundreds of miles away annoy me, but a lot of us are a little like that as we support our local league team not local team. I live in Loughborough (not from here) and it's full of Leicester and Forest fans. Why don't they support Loughboroughs local non league team?

There’s a difference going too local imo. I enjoy a certain standard of football so when choosing a team it would always be the closest at a good level (prem, championship, football league) 

18 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That’s different though. Major respect to you for choosing us.

Felt idiotic at times,but always stuck by them.Made me more determined to run their noses in it when we won it,considering the shit I got at school for supporting them.

mentioned it before but our cricket team had the most random supporting players.

Bolton,Everton,Leeds,QPR,Sunderland,Ipswich,Norwich,Wolves.There were more buy i think of the big teams we had one Liverpool and a Man City and they were shit then.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Puel Ball, Puel Mark II, Claude Rodgers in the main forum after a bad result/ performance.

You couldn't wait for him to go and would probably run him out of town if you saw him near the ground again but still keep mentioning him every time things go wrong.

I mostly agree but you can see why on a superficial level. Tactically, when Rodgers reverts to this sort of pseudo, asymmetrical diamond with two defensive midfielders and Maddison on "the left" it does resemble much of what was bad about Puel. 

It isn't good tactically. 

It's frustrating because it's exactly the opposite of what made Rodgers revival so successful. He's doing a bit of a Ranieri at the moment, ending one season with a winning formula and then mysteriously insisting on starting the next with new and unnecessary changes. 

I like Rodgers and I trust him as a footballing brain, I'm confident he'll come through it and work it out because typically, historically his teams have always arrived to press and win games. 

But it's still ugly. 

It's what actually grinds my gears. When professional football managers seem completely blind to what literally everyone else is seeing. Our three performances with this "system" this season have been dreadful, uninspired, it's so blatantly obvious that it's a terrible use of space and positioning on the pitch. You don't need to be Pep Guardiola to pick apart why it won't work. 

And yet, you can guarantee we're going to do it again against Tottenham because its our new "defensive shape."

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Bear said:

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/the-chases-paul-sinha-calls-gemma-collins-one-of-the-worst-people-hes-ever-met/

Colour me unsurprised. I knew I couldn't stand her and have never even met her. 

One of those empty-headed 'celebrities' who have far more airtime than they should have ever got in their life. Can't stand her either. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

People who have twins.Constantly telling people they have twins.

I have a twin sister, this might be the first time I've mentioned that on here because it grinds my gears that whenever it comes up people always react like it's the most fascinating thing they've heard all year.

Also:  Having to explain to people that no, my twin sister and I are not identical.

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I have a twin sister, this might be the first time I've mentioned that on here because it grinds my gears that whenever it comes up people always react like it's the most fascinating thing they've heard all year.

Also:  Having to explain to people that no, my twin sister and I are not identical.

OMG YOU HAS A TWIN????

(your tits are nicer)

42 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not Carlotta the Alpaca !! ..   great poster !! ....   fascinating ! 

Mrs CF is an identical twin  ..  you’re not alone Llama .. :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

My cousins are twins and there is an older brother too.

They say they have a close bond.

Not there,the older one and one of the twins used to give the other twin  hell.

Said he wasn’t even a brother and adopted and made him eat dog food,however that was there thing.Made me do it once!