Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I don't know if this is just where I live but with this heat I'm having to have all the windows open.

Last night at 3am I could hear this motorbike engine from miles away getting louder and louder (think it was one of those scrambler bikes) and by the time it was going by it was literally deafening. My son woke up and was scared out of his skin! This **** was riding around in the middle of the night next to sleeping residents without a care for anyone. I've just been thinking about taking the **** out with a sniper rifle. 

I don't know if it's the bank holiday that's brought them all out but there's been loads going by all day and I'm dreading tonight if it happens again. 

What is with having these overly loud exhausts that sound absolutely crap and loud? There's cars that drive by that are just too loud as well. What makes it worse I live on a corner so they're accelerating off outside my window. 

Just hate people that are stupid and selfish to do this type of stuff. I've heard in London some residents have complained that the council are putting in acoustic cameras to catch and fine the *****. 

Rant over. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I don't know if this is just where I live but with this heat I'm having to have all the windows open.

Last night at 3am I could hear this motorbike engine from miles away getting louder and louder (think it was one of those scrambler bikes) and by the time it was going by it was literally deafening. My son woke up and was scared out of his skin! This **** was riding around in the middle of the night next to sleeping residents without a care for anyone. I've just been thinking about taking the **** out with a sniper rifle. 

I don't know if it's the bank holiday that's brought them all out but there's been loads going by all day and I'm dreading tonight if it happens again. 

What is with having these overly loud exhausts that sound absolutely crap and loud? There's cars that drive by that are just too loud as well. What makes it worse I live on a corner so they're accelerating off outside my window. 

Just hate people that are stupid and selfish to do this type of stuff. I've heard in London some residents have complained that the council are putting in acoustic cameras to catch and fine the *****. 

Rant over. 

pinky-finger-3qx.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Rant over. 

I have always favoured loud race exhausts/no baffles on my bikes - not wishing to be obstreperous, but as a matter of survival. I certainly wouldn't intentionally blast through a neighbourhood late at night simply to be disruptive, but I'll be ****ed, given the the distractions and inattentive car drivers on the road today if I'm going to ride unheard. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I have always favoured loud race exhausts/no baffles on my bikes - not wishing to be obstreperous, but as a matter of survival. I certainly wouldn't intentionally blast through a neighbourhood late at night simply to be disruptive, but I'll be ****ed, given the the distractions and inattentive car drivers on the road today if I'm going to ride unheard. 

Fair enough as you've given a logical explanation that I never considered, but how do people hear you from inside the car if the windows are up, radio on etc? 

I rarely hear any other vehicle from inside my car, unless it's going right by me perhaps...

Yeah this person was doing it at 3am and I'm not joking, it was the loudest noise imaginable, it was hitting some sort of rev limiter which made it even more loud... 

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Rant over. 

Stinger%20Spike%20System%20-%203%20lengt

Edited by Buce

Just now, Collymore said:

Fair enough as you've given a logical explanation that I never considered, but how do people hear you from inside the car if the windows are up, radio on etc? 

I rarely hear any other vehicle from inside my car, unless it's going right by me perhaps...

Yeah this person was doing it at 3am and I'm not joking, it was the loudest noise imaginable, it was hitting some sort of rev limiter which made it even more loud... 

I tend to blip the throttle if I filter and unless the music is unsociably loud, which can be the case in the average chav mobile, trust me - they can hear me coming. Never get pulled out on. 

I'd be really intrigued to know what he's actually riding. If he's on the limiter in a built up area it's likely low CC. Rig some cheese wire across the road, neck height and you can find out. Just let me know where you live before you do. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I tend to blip the throttle if I filter and unless the music is unsociably loud, which can be the case in the average chav mobile, trust me - they can hear me coming. Never get pulled out on. 

I'd be really intrigued to know what he's actually riding. If he's on the limiter in a built up area it's likely low CC. Rig some cheese wire across the road, neck height and you can find out. Just let me know where you live before you do. 

Don't tempt me!

18 minutes ago, Line-X said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I often get arseholes riding small engined bikes up and down within hearing distance. I live near a bridge over the river Trent and late at night it's a nice quiet straight road for them to floor it down, back and forth. 

I can only hear them if I keep the window open though, which is rare unless it's unbearably hot. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Rant over. 

Don't live in Narborough do you? Nightly occurrence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

obstreperous
/əbˈstrɛp(ə)rəs/
adjective
  1. noisy and difficult to control.
    "the boy is cocky and obstreperous"
    synonyms: unruly, unmanageable, disorderly, undisciplined, uncontrollable, unrestrained, rowdy, uncontrolled, disruptive, truculent, difficult, refractory, rebellious, mutinous, out of hand, riotous, out of control, wild, turbulent, uproarious, tumultuous, tempestuous, unbridled, irrepressible, boisterous, roisterous, rackety; More

15 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They have some weird shit in dictionary corner on there. Anyone see those two women doing something called "Mums gone wild" a while back. Terrible. 

14 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

You'll enjoy this then:

Don't know whether this is what you were referring to re 8 out of 10 cats (which I'm amazed is still going tbh) but Natasia Demetriou and Ellie White are two of the funniest people in the country

• Like 1

On 23/08/2019 at 15:26, Tommo220 said:

People who cant maintain a constant speed on Motorways. 

Most modern cars have cruise control, don't understand why people don't use it more on long stretches of motorway when it isn't that busy.

People bomb past you, then slow down, you overtake having not changed your speed, they speed up and bomb past. And repeat. 

Makes no sense.

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

What is with having these overly loud exhausts that sound absolutely crap and loud?

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What about twats with shit cars that have those massive exhausts on? Why is that a thing? Does my head on. 

I assume these morons are wanting to show off.

Loud exhausts should be banned in any vehicle/motorcycle.  Get an ebike and fcuk off. If you are scared of willy puller drivers then drive a car lol.

Also, please get the willy puller drivers off the road too!

Signed grumpy young man

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Langston said:

Don't know whether this is what you were referring to re 8 out of 10 cats (which I'm amazed is still going tbh) but Natasia Demetriou and Ellie White are two of the funniest people in the country

They might well be, but imo not when playing those characters.

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Watching EFL highlights, why do they insist on doing shit puns for the whole match? 

Reporter did about 15 tenuous computer puns because Sunderland's new owner is from Dell. Became annoying after the first one.

Completely agree. Had to switch off last week. 

16 hours ago, Unabomber said:

What about twats with shit cars that have those massive exhausts on? Why is that a thing? Does my head on. 

Or just any shit cars that have awful modifications. 

Divs that drive 20 year old clapped out old bangers, stick a few cheap fibreglass bodywork panels on and a 1m diameter exhaust.

Like yeah mate, looks great you f**king spanner.

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Or just any shit cars that have awful modifications. 

Divs that drive 20 year old clapped out old bangers, stick a few cheap fibreglass bodywork panels on and a 1m diameter exhaust.

Like yeah mate, looks great you f**king spanner.

My 355 horses just leaves them behind. Sport Plus. :D