Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

My cousins are twins and there is an older brother too.

They say they have a close bond.

Not there,the older one and one of the twins used to give the other twin  hell.

Said he wasn’t even a brother and adopted and made him eat dog food,however that was there thing.Made me do it once!

what lol 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Not Carlotta the Alpaca !! ..   great poster !! ....   fascinating ! 

Mrs CF is an identical twin  ..  you’re not alone Llama .. :thumbup:

Wait!!!... @Countryfox married @Carl the Llama 's  twin sister? ....lol  and they talk about Coventry

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

Bad Back.Not had a problem for a few years and put it down to walking the dog first thing for a few miles and loosening things up a bit.

Last week we were up against it at work,so offered to help out in the factory.Proper manual work obviously isn’t my thing.

Those who suffer with bad backs know where I’m coming from.

35 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Funnily enough ..  no it hasn't.    However !! ...   many moons ago when I was probably nearer your age than mine now I was round my girlfriends watching tv with her and her mother ...   they did look very similar ...  sort of a gypsy look with a touch of flamenco dancer ...   both very attractive.  Suddenly outside we heard a siren and all ran upstairs to look out the window to see what was going on ...   I stood behind my girlfriend and put my arms round her waist ...  then moved my hands a bit higher with a bit of a squeeze here and there ...   then nuzzled her neck and nibbled her ear ...   obviously her mother wouldn't see me I thought as the room was dark so as not to draw attention to the fact we were gawping out the window ...    then my girlfriend said  "I wonder which house it is ?" ...    I looked over at her and thought,  Oh Sh1t !!!

This lead to that mom-daughter threesome i hope?

54 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Funnily enough ..  no it hasn't.    However !! ...   many moons ago when I was probably nearer your age than mine now I was round my girlfriends watching tv with her and her mother ...   they did look very similar ...  sort of a gypsy look with a touch of flamenco dancer ...   both very attractive.  Suddenly outside we heard a siren and all ran upstairs to look out the window to see what was going on ...   I stood behind my girlfriend and put my arms round her waist ...  then moved my hands a bit higher with a bit of a squeeze here and there ...   then nuzzled her neck and nibbled her ear ...   obviously her mother wouldn't see me I thought as the room was dark so as not to draw attention to the fact we were gawping out the window ...    then my girlfriend said  "I wonder which house it is ?" ...    I looked over at her and thought,  Oh Sh1t !!!

do we have to subscribe to get the rest of that story? do you take paypal?

• Like 1

Its 11.45pm and for no apparent reason the tv goes off... apparently the power has gone to one section of the house. Unplug... this, that, test the switch still throws..un plug more, still throws... go to the garden shed turn off in there, still throws... turn off more stuff.. still throws..eventually unplug the kettle...switch works yeehaa!!

WTF is it with a kettle that has been fine for months..even years... suddenly throws the circuit, not when its being switched on, its just sitting there. grrrrrr

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Had a call yesterday from Head Office from a middle manager who wanted to "touch base".

I cannot adequately describe the contempt I have for these guys.

I assume he's just looking for a few blue sky ideas...Just give him a couple to run up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes, at the end of the day that should see you through, :thumbup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I assume he's just looking for a few blue sky ideas...Just give him a couple to run up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes, at the end of the day that should see you through, :thumbup:

It was a very short phone call :thumbup:

• Haha 1

An Indian couple moved in below us a few months ago. We have lived here for 4 years and have never heard a thing from below. He works, his wife doesn't. What she does do is cook, all day everyday. Constant sounds of bangs, chopping, pans etc from below, all day. What I don't understand is we never heard cooking sounds in the years before them.

I have to wear headphones all day because otherwise the constant little noises drive me nuts. As I type this I can hear her chopping and tenderising meat. What can we do though? My gf already told her how noisy she is. I can't really complain to the management, she is perfectly within her rights to cook all day and if that's all she has (she never seems to leave the house). I just don't know what she is doing with all this food.

6 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

An Indian couple moved in below us a few months ago. We have lived here for 4 years and have never heard a thing from below. He works, his wife doesn't. What she does do is cook, all day everyday. Constant sounds of bangs, chopping, pans etc from below, all day. What I don't understand is we never heard cooking sounds in the years before them.

I have to wear headphones all day because otherwise the constant little noises drive me nuts. As I type this I can hear her chopping and tenderising meat. What can we do though? My gf already told her how noisy she is. I can't really complain to the management, she is perfectly within her rights to cook all day and if that's all she has (she never seems to leave the house). I just don't know what she is doing with all this food.

It sucks but there's not a massive amount you can do other than asking them to shut up enough times that they listen. 

That and hope they don't last long. 

I had upstairs neighbours recently who just let their kids run around up there non stop. It was ****ing constant banging. I had words several times but it rarely improved for long. Fortunately they only lived here a few months. 

You can make a noise complaint to environmental health but like you said, if it's just pots and pans banging I'd be surprised if its going to be enough consistent decibels for you to he justified with a complaint. 

Sorry, I know it sucks, inconsiderate people in apartment blocks are the absolute worst. I've had a few over the last five / six years. 

You could always go the petty revenge route, buy a treadmill and start exercising when they're trying to sleep lol

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2