Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Evans Halshaw. 

Bought their Service Plan which includes 2 years "Free" MOT and now in the second year, they can't fit an MOT in for me until the 1st of October, despite it expiring on the 26th of this month. 3 weeks is plenty of notice, surely? So now I either go a few days without a car or pay to have it done somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Evans Halshaw. 

Bought their Service Plan which includes 2 years "Free" MOT and now in the second year, they can't fit an MOT in for me until the 1st of October, despite it expiring on the 26th of this month. 3 weeks is plenty of notice, surely? So now I either go a few days without a car or pay to have it done somewhere else. 

Depends how desperate you are for your car. Can you go a few days without it? Probably not worth the saving if you end up with the hassle of paying bus fare etc

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Evans Halshaw. 

I think it's fair and reasonable to expect it to be done within 3 weeks notice. 

I'd get it done elsewhere then send them the bill telling them you expect the money back. 

• Like 1

Football stickers. 

Not the loveable old Panini collectables, the ridiculous, hyper adhesive, shitty designed, banter lads square crap that obnoxious little twelve year old ultra wannabes stick everywhere. 

It's like aerosol tagging for late millenials and gen Zers and its just as trashy, especially when they're in otherwise really quite scenic places. 

Roaming round some quaint, quiet backstreets of some picture perfect medieval town and some complete chode has smashed his GOONERS TIL WE DIE sticker and hundred yards up the lane there's another BHOYS IN GREEN or some shit with a picture of some fat lad in a Celtic shirt supposed to look intimidating. 

Do **** off with this bollocks. 

If you're sticking them anywhere other than a lamppost outside an away ground or the bogs in a service station then - kid yourselves all you want - you're being a ****ing chav. 

• Like 2

If you recall my post about my next door neighbour putting his flat on for 10k under mine, we've now lowered ours to 5k under his. Still not a single bloody viewing! Don't understand, it's perfect for commuting to London, top floor, we've decorated it really nicely, wooden floors, new carpets etc. We thought maybe brexit was the problem, but still lots of movement in the area apparently, it's the south east after all!

Fell in love with a couple houses and you just have to watch them go while you sit there helpless. Bah!

Edited by z-layrex

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:
On 09/09/2019 at 05:52, Arkie Bennett said:

People who say "This" in response to a point made on a forum. If you've nothing to add, just like the post.

<Awaits predictable response>

On 09/09/2019 at 05:55, Facecloth said:

This.

On 09/09/2019 at 07:21, Jattdogg said:

That

23 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The other

19 hours ago, z-layrex said:

This^ :appl:

These.

Those

33 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I'm getting married this November and my girlfriend is a vegetarian.     We went for all vegetarian menu however there are still meat options for kids as we know they can be picky.   Everyone were cool with it and picked their dishes,  some of my mates ripped me a new one but I would have not expected anything less :D.  

However,  the girlfriend's cousin decided to respond with "It would not be nice if we had a wedding with meat only dishes hun".    I get that there is a debate lying somewhere in our choice to plump for vegetarian only menu but there is time and place for that.    I just feel that some people are so paranoid and insistent to defend their meat eating that they pick on vegetarians and start debates,   I have seen it many times with my girlfriend.    This is 21st Century,   we have ever expanding LGBTQAHSWHATEVER,  ability to print organs in 3D and Boris as our prime minister etc etc yet people cannot handle others'  nutritional choices.   FFS.  

I mean rather than subject your guests to a veggie only meal I would have just offered a veggie menu to those who wanted like most people do, but it's your wedding obviously so you do what you want. That cousin sounds like an absolute **** to respond with that, the nerve!

Edited by z-layrex

42 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I'm getting married this November and my girlfriend is a vegetarian.     We went for all vegetarian menu however there are still meat options for kids as we know they can be picky.   Everyone were cool with it and picked their dishes,  some of my mates ripped me a new one but I would have not expected anything less :D.  

However,  the girlfriend's cousin decided to respond with "It would not be nice if we had a wedding with meat only dishes hun".    I get that there is a debate lying somewhere in our choice to plump for vegetarian only menu but there is time and place for that.    I just feel that some people are so paranoid and insistent to defend their meat eating that they pick on vegetarians and start debates,   I have seen it many times with my girlfriend.    This is 21st Century,   we have ever expanding LGBTQAHSWHATEVER,  ability to print organs in 3D and Boris as our prime minister etc etc yet people cannot handle others'  nutritional choices.   FFS.  

well he was a bit of a dick about it but he has a point right? if you go to a wedding, you would expect a veggie option.works both ways

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yeah but I mean, it's their wedding. Just shut your mouth and let them enjoy the day no?

I wouldn't have said anything if i was there. 

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

End of the day it's his wedding.  They're guests who have been offered the privilege of sharing one of the most important occasions of your life.

If a vegetarian invited you to their house for dinner you wouldn't demand that they provide a dish with meat in it so why should that be any different for a wedding?  They're still the ones providing the meal.

Providing a vegetarian option at a regular wedding is different because not doing so means all the food contravenes their diet whereas a meat-eater at a vegetarian wedding isn't faced with that dilemma.  A person can of course still insist that they don't want vegetarian food to be served at their wedding but that would be a dick move in a way that removing meat from the menu for one evening isn't.

Maybe its the chef in me that gives me this differing perspective, i would absolutely have 1 meat dish at my vegetarian wedding. And i agree with you and the decision to have a vegetarian menu at your own wedding, but since we're talking about it, i gave my opinion.

• Like 2