Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

17 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I just don't know what she is doing with all this food

Probably selling it. 

Have you spoken to the family again since your gf spoke to them? Letting them know they're still making a lot of noise and ask if they can reduce it a bit? 

In all honesty as @Finnegan said, even if they don't reduce the noise there's little enforcement that can be done.

I guess be thankful it's not worse noise like shit music or children constantly running around on laminate flooring (I had this at my flat once, drove me fvcking insane). Luckily I could contact management company and they spoke to the family, soon after they removed it all. That was fortunate though and doesn't happen in all cases. 

The revenge route is great but probably unwise lol

• Like 1

Haha yes it could be way worse! When the flat next door had all these families living there illegally, one of the men had put his bench press in the corridor by our door. He used to work out in the morning outside our door, it almost ended in a fist fight that one. Eventually they got kicked out.

It's just constant little bangs of pots etc, nothing like music or kids, she is doing nothing wrong. It would be better if I got any of the food, it smells bloody amazing. You just have to accept it as apartment life at some point. We were trying to sell to move to a semi-detached, but the market looks too crap. I would expect noise from neighbours can we as bad even worse in a semi anyway.

Revenge all the way.

We lived next door to a copper for a couple of years and if he had been on nights you could hear a pin drop during the day. When he was on days his fvcking wife would play loud music or have the TV loud.

I had a word a few times and it made little /no difference. We then retaliated; we would welly-up the stereo when he was trying to sleep.

Things improved greatly.

Petty perhaps but it worked.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

An Indian couple moved in below us a few months ago. We have lived here for 4 years and have never heard a thing from below. He works, his wife doesn't. What she does do is cook, all day everyday. Constant sounds of bangs, chopping, pans etc from below, all day. What I don't understand is we never heard cooking sounds in the years before them.

I have to wear headphones all day because otherwise the constant little noises drive me nuts. As I type this I can hear her chopping and tenderising meat. What can we do though? My gf already told her how noisy she is. I can't really complain to the management, she is perfectly within her rights to cook all day and if that's all she has (she never seems to leave the house). I just don't know what she is doing with all this food.

Had neighbours move in, lovely couple.

Noise was horrendously loud though, couldn't go in any room on any floor without hearing it.

Took me eight months (yeah I know, I'm a wimp) to pluck up the courage to politely have a word.

They had no idea the music and TV (both through surround sound and with heavy bass) made such a racket.

They were extremely apologetic and sacked off the surround sound immediately.

Everything is fine now.

Sometimes a polite word is all it takes.

30 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Revenge all the way.

We lived next door to a copper for a couple of years and if he had been on nights you could hear a pin drop during the day. When he was on days his fvcking wife would play loud music or have the TV loud.

I had a word a few times and it made little /no difference. We then retaliated; we would welly-up the stereo when he was trying to sleep.

Things improved greatly.

Petty perhaps but it worked.

If it goes further than that legally though it doesn't usually amount to anything. Not in my experience anyway. 

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Had neighbours move in, lovely couple.

Noise was horrendously loud though, couldn't go in any room on any floor without hearing it.

Took me eight months (yeah I know, I'm a wimp) to pluck up the courage to politely have a word.

They had no idea the music and TV (both through surround sound and with heavy bass) made such a racket.

They were extremely apologetic and sacked off the surround sound immediately.

Everything is fine now.

Sometimes a polite word is all it takes.

This was the case with my first ever neighbour from hell. The sound from upstairs was amazingly loud, insane, sometimes at 3am this ridiculous Polish radio station would come on so loud it was like someone shouting in our room. 

When we did try and speak to him he never answered. Not once did he come to the door. 

Crazy dance music at all hours. Nuts. 

Eventually we just put a note through his door explaining how loud it was and asking if he could turn it off after 11 because we didn't want to have to call the police and we never heard a peep again. He became our best neighbour, super friendly all the time. 

Six months later, he's vanishes and his landlord and a bunch of police in a van are carrying his entire farm and all his equipment out by the box full. 

All made sense after that. 

• Haha 4

The number of court cases now where an attacker just gets a suspended prison sentence, despite the victims' life changing forever due to the incident.

Unless this is just a way to try and reducing prisons being over-crowded etc, how will such a sentence deter the attacker from doing it again.

Risky decisions imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This was the case with my first ever neighbour from hell. The sound from upstairs was amazingly loud, insane, sometimes at 3am this ridiculous Polish radio station would come on so loud it was like someone shouting in our room. 

When we did try and speak to him he never answered. Not once did he come to the door. 

Crazy dance music at all hours. Nuts. 

Eventually we just put a note through his door explaining how loud it was and asking if he could turn it off after 11 because we didn't want to have to call the police and we never heard a peep again. He became our best neighbour, super friendly all the time. 

Six months later, he's vanishes and his landlord and a bunch of police in a van are carrying his entire farm and all his equipment out by the box full. 

All made sense after that. 

I had a neighbour who used to grow weed in his spare bedroom. You could see the condensation running down the window and get a good fragrant whiff of fresh weed from the street every time he opened his door!

Can't comment on noisy neighbours though. The party wall between my house and my neighbours (not the weed cultivator) is at least 2 feet 6 thick. I reckon if a bomb went off next door I wouldn't hear a thing!

Newspaper articles (mainly online) created because of one or two Tweets. "NEW THING OUT- FANS ARE NOT IMPRESSED!" with the "fans" being one bloke who didn't think it was up to much whilst presumably lots of others really liked it but we'll ignore those.

Reading a short tweet does not constitute considered opinion and demand a padding article about it.

30 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Is anyone else having the this site uses cookies continually popping up on Foxes talk? Every time I open a new page it’s there and is very annoying 

I have, and only Edge seems not to display this behavior. :(

Edited by Steven

On 20/09/2019 at 12:40, z-layrex said:

An Indian couple moved in below us a few months ago. We have lived here for 4 years and have never heard a thing from below. He works, his wife doesn't. What she does do is cook, all day everyday. Constant sounds of bangs, chopping, pans etc from below, all day. What I don't understand is we never heard cooking sounds in the years before them.

I have to wear headphones all day because otherwise the constant little noises drive me nuts. As I type this I can hear her chopping and tenderising meat. What can we do though? My gf already told her how noisy she is. I can't really complain to the management, she is perfectly within her rights to cook all day and if that's all she has (she never seems to leave the house). I just don't know what she is doing with all this food.

Chopping up the kids...!!! Strange no Children screaming & playing..:ph34r:

Mentioned previously that I agree with her message but at the time thought she was a bit annoying. 

Knowing more about her now, her upbringing/background and the fact her parents were aspiring members of the entertainment industry, I feel sorry for her. Unfortunately her message isnt converting anyone and is pushing the climate change doubters into a corner.