Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Can someone explain the allure of Xmas markets to me?

Overpriced beer, giant sausages in bread, cheese, nuts, naff novelty gifts sold in wooden cabins and you're invited to consume the beer and food you buy in miserable cold, wet conditions, not a warm heated pub/bar/restaurant.

They're obviously just not for me but the times I've been dragged along to "look round" they're all carbon copies whatever city you end up in? Same food, same items for sale.

• Like 2

On 21/12/2019 at 15:47, Langston said:

People that ****ing *shout* conversations at their mates in pubs. 

Damn right. People being ridiculously loud on nights out seems to be coming a thing - I hate it. 

Was at Nuneaton train station a few weeks ago and a bunch of lads walked past me being so loud it actually became a white noise and hurt my ears. Wtf?

56 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Overpriced beer, giant sausages in bread, cheese, nuts, naff novelty gifts sold in wooden cabins and you're invited to consume the beer and food you buy in miserable cold, wet conditions, not a warm heated pub/bar/restaurant.

They're obviously just not for me but the times I've been dragged along to "look round" they're all carbon copies whatever city you end up in? Same food, same items for sale.

In the UK I think you are right as they all try to be Bavarian but across Germany / Eastern Europe they are quite different I find from city to city.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

People spending their money on things from folk who'll bugger off in a few weeks rather than spending their cash in the businesses that make up their cities. 

In my local there's a certain bloke who laughs and shouts everything really loudly at the bar. To the point where I'm wincing over the other side of the room as I can't hear what my mate sat next to me is saying. Winds me right up. He is a window cleaner though so that explains a lot as he's probably shouting through windows at people. 

Edited by The Bear

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

In my local there's a certain bloke who laughs and shouts everything really loudly at the bar. To the point where I'm wincing over the other side of the room as I can't hear what my mate sat next to me is saying. Winds me right up. He is a window cleaner though so that explains a lot as he's probably shouting through windows at people. 

Sounds like he’s lost his rag :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Sleeping on a ****ing air bed in my living room as my wife has coughed up our room to her sister and husband.

I mean ffs if you wanna stay 1 night. Sleep on the sofa, the floor, the car, the garden, the bath I mean sleep in the ****ing bin for all I care. 

But if you wanna stay over just deal with it. 

Don't steal my bastard bed.

I couldnt accept that at all, not only would i not offer my bed, but if it was offered to me i wouldnt do it. i think its worse that these guests accepted the offer, than the facxt the offer was made

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Sleeping on a ****ing air bed in my living room as my wife has coughed up our room to her sister and husband.

I mean ffs if you wanna stay 1 night. Sleep on the sofa, the floor, the car, the garden, the bath I mean sleep in the ****ing bin for all I care. 

Another mans gunna jizz in/on your bed.  Quick, throw the f'ers  out!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Air bed update.

Bloody bitch under inflated it. Might as well have been sleeping on the ****ing floor.

Gonna be a grumpy bastard today.

On 22/12/2019 at 20:35, Bellend Sebastian said:

These f*****g divs that sit in their cars for ages with the engine running.

The other night at my lad's football training, there were 8 cars parked up with their engines running for the whole hour.

I can't get my head round it. This is metres from where their own children are running up and down getting out of breath, and they're sitting there giving them diesel fumes to breathe.

A telling metaphor if ever there was one.

19 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Air bed update.

Bloody bitch under inflated it. Might as well have been sleeping on the ****ing floor.

Gonna be a grumpy bastard today.

Thats 2 x's and grounds for separation if you ask me. Bin her and get a japanese silicone sex doll.  Never have to worry about underinflated.

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The obsession with people using "W" to mean win. It wasn't bad at first, but now it's overused and bloody annoying. 

Football fan twitter have adopted it and made it more infuriating

Tiger Woods has been saying “W” instead of Win for about 20 years and it still does my head in. Must be an Americanism I’d have thought 

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The obsession with people using "W" to mean win. It wasn't bad at first, but now it's overused and bloody annoying. 

My kids say it all the time, and "get the /got the "dub" . heard mainly from streamers and youtubers playing fortnite

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

My Mrs got me one of these for Christmas 

C0A4E93C-C692-4214-A5D9-8C3302CC65D7.thumb.jpeg.669047310d949354cd8788bf79f62794.jpeg

Not too sure what she’s trying to say with her win anchor message ! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

It meant to be shorthand but actually takes longer to say than win lol

• Haha 1

The fact there seems to be an obsession with in ear earbuds these days. You know the ones with the bit of rubber that you shove right into your ear canal. I hate shoving things in my ear like that, but these days its almost impossible to find decent ones that just sit in your ear like the Apple earpods.

• Like 2