Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Reminded my pal who supports Notts Forest to change the clock tonight.

Suggested putting it forward 40 years so he could be with the rest of the world in 2021.

You're up late, just like me. Can't be arsed with going to bed. 

My complete lack of handy man skills!

All i need to do is fix the front door handle/catch at my daughters house and change the blades on my electric mower.

job one - door handle, 25 mins a farting around.... zero improvement.
job two - blades, 35 mins, well the blade has snapped, now i can see the bolt... CANNOT move the srew/bolt.

Im a shit handy person :(

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

My complete lack of handy man skills!

All i need to do is fix the front door handle/catch at my daughters house and change the blades on my electric mower.

job one - door handle, 25 mins a farting around.... zero improvement.
job two - blades, 35 mins, well the blade has snapped, now i can see the bolt... CANNOT move the srew/bolt.

Im a shit handy person :(

Nothing wrong with not being a real man like @Countryfox   Get a pro to help where needed. :)

To each their own. Some things i am handy with (changing car oil/tires/brakes, wanking, some carpentry etc) and others forget about it (welding, changing plumbing pipes).  For me it just comes down to comfort levels and confidence. I find at times if i research something i know what to do but just want someone else there who has that skillset to oversee what i am doing. Luckily, that doesnt apply to my sex life.

• Haha 3

On 30/03/2021 at 23:14, Ian Nacho said:

People that make jokes about Man City having no fans or Chelsea being founded in 2003. Been done to death and not funny anyway. 

Well I hope for your sake that Man City don’t draw Wealdstone in next season’s FA Cup then 

• Haha 1

Blinds 2 go:mad:. Ordered some blackout blinds for the youths bedroom and they were well short on width. Called them up and was told by the rep "I don't believe your window is that width, you're lying". Blooming (wanted to use stronger language) outrageous. I very very rarely play this card as its uncouth, but I'm a doctor of engineering and head of technology for a global company, I can measure an effing window recess correctly!

What grinds my gears? Blind 2 go and their cack customer service department. Rant over and very much required:mad:

Oh and for those with an eye on the Suez canal thread, I just got an email saying my patio furniture got caught up in it and won't arrive until May. 

What a cack day. Good bless WBA for one positive more. 

Edited by Zear0
Rage typo

48 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Blinds 2 go:mad:. Ordered some blackout blinds for the youths bedroom and they were well short on width. Called them up and was told by the rep "I don't believe your window is that width, you're lying". Blooming (wanted to use stronger language) outrageous. I very very rarely play this card as its uncouth, but I'm a doctor of engineering and head of technology for a global company, I can measure an effing window recess correctly!

What grinds my gears? Blind 2 go and their cack customer service department. Rant over and very much required:mad:

Oh and for those with an eye on the Suez canal thread, I just got an email saying my patio furniture got caught up in it and won't arrive until May. 

What a cack day. Good bless WBA for one positive more. 

Now we all know who to call for a job :)

Thats crap though i would snap on them in the most polite Canadian way possible. Starting the convo off with "sorry".

Referring back to my lack of handyperson skills... FVCKKKK it... mower blade has broken on my mower, but can i take the fking nut off to replace it?.... can i bollocks!!!

Iy was a cheap shit mower but does the job... i dont want to buy a new mower and just fall into more consumerism but they will charge more to repair than it costs to replace FFS :mad:

edit .. lol just seen this was what my previous gripe was about.. just no progress a week later lol

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People who use the death of a celeb or big name to push themselves on social media like Tik Tok or twitter irritate me.

How do you mean? Just tweeting their condolences?

On 04/04/2021 at 04:22, ozleicester said:

Referring back to my lack of handyperson skills... FVCKKKK it... mower blade has broken on my mower, but can i take the fking nut off to replace it?.... can i bollocks!!!

Iy was a cheap shit mower but does the job... i dont want to buy a new mower and just fall into more consumerism but they will charge more to repair than it costs to replace FFS :mad:

edit .. lol just seen this was what my previous gripe was about.. just no progress a week later lol

I know this might sound stupid but have you tried turning it the other way? Sometimes things that are attached to rotary devices have reverse threads, so that they don’t spin off. 

5bEkEPO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I know this might sound stupid but have you tried turning it the other way? Sometimes things that are attached to rotary devices have reverse threads, so that they don’t spin off. 

Thanks, yep tried both way and moved it neither lol . Think the tools above are the answer

Edited by ozleicester

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Fair enough lol

I was just hoping it might just be an obvious solution for you.

Get some WD40 in there.

(quoted wrong post)

Edited by Blarmy
Wrong post quoted.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Bike pedals and some tap valves, for example. One of my mowers recently needed replacement plastic blades, so I got some from Amazon. The new ones are crap - low-grade plastic that breaks every time a small (gravel-sized) stone is hit.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Yep tried that 😁

Smack it a few times with a big hammer ...   another squirt of WD40 ...  repeat.   It'll sort it or bugger it but either way you won't have to keep messing around with it.

Always works for me   :thumbup:    ...   but I am on my 5th mower.

• Haha 2

Maybe take the opportunity to stop mowing the grass? 

Let it grow - looks good in my opinion,  

and attracts wildlife etc. Also, there's something inherently depressing about our obsession with neatness. 

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to associate the sound of lawn-mowers with the soul-shredding boredom of long-ago Sundays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Maybe take the opportunity to stop mowing the grass? 

Let it grow - looks good in my opinion,  

and attracts wildlife etc. Also, there's something inherently depressing about our obsession with neatness. 

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to associate the sound of lawn-mowers with the soul-shredding boredom of long-ago Sundays. 

Nah I like to mow it so the balls roll smoothly when I demonstrate me footballing talents 😂

Also it a battery mower so it's pretty quiet....plus my granddaughter trips over in the long grass