Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I've just been and done my food shop and had 5 live on in the car as I drove there. Basically just repeats of world leaders, religious leaders etc say exactly the same thing, just worded slightly differently. It would be more newsworthy if one called him a ****.

I'd rather have heard more from the many charities he worked alongside, and got an insight of the man from them

One good thing about being nondescript is that when I die they won’t be wheeling out the likes of Giles Brandreth to spew up platitudes about my life 

By and large the media are a bunch of  Grade A hypocrites 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

To add to the coverage of Prince Philips death, we now have the local news covering it. Sorry didn't know he died in the East Midlands :rolleyes: 

It has nothing to do with the region, just tell us the local news.

Saturday night TV.

BBC and ITV, I just have no words for what's on right now.

Started on BBC, it was that bad, put ITV on, that was somehow worse.

Now contemplating slitting my wrists.

Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank actually wasn't a bad idea by Alan Partridge, in comparison to this shit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Saturday night TV.

BBC and ITV, I just have no words for what's on right now.

Started on BBC, it was that bad, put ITV on, that was somehow worse.

Now contemplating slitting my wrists.

Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank actually wasn't a bad idea by Alan Partridge, in comparison to this shit.

Thats not a bad idea full stop, have you seen the video of the man have a KFC??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Is social distancing still a thing when queuing in the supermarket?

I'm at the til, bagging my groceries(wine and crisps) and someone is right up behind me.

Even the dope at the til doesn't wait til I'm gone.

You know how to push the boat out on a Saturday night!

Living the dream :thumbup:

23 hours ago, Facecloth said:

To add to the coverage of Prince Philips death, we now have the local news covering it. Sorry didn't know he died in the East Midlands :rolleyes: 

It has nothing to do with the region, just tell us the local news.

Apparently, nothing else has happened in the past 36 hours. Covid has gone, Europe are cool about Brexit and everyone loves each other in Northern Ireland.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Sometimes I think we're going to reach a period where Partridge seems like sensible, viable TV and Radio. 

Google box blows my mind. Watching people watching TV. Garbage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Sometimes I think we're going to reach a period where Partridge seems like sensible, viable TV and Radio. 

Google box blows my mind. Watching people watching TV. Garbage. 

I don't think anything can beat Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

They managed to out-Partridge Alan Partridge lol

On 09/04/2021 at 06:15, Ian Nacho said:

People who bring equality into literally everything. Any element of misfortune is due to racism/sexism/homophobia. 

Im not sure i understand... yes, many elements of misfortune do have some impact from racism/sexism/homophobia/etc.

Are your gears being ground by the impact of racism/sexism/homophobia/etc?

Also, why did you have to bring racism/sexism/homophobia/etc into this thread?

I know that you have the coverage bad in the UK.. but.. imagine the same level of coverage here in Australia.

All 5 main channels have wall to wall Phillip coverage, now realise that LESS THAN 5% of the population were born in the UK! and this irrelevant racist old mans death is all your news feels is important today.

On 09/04/2021 at 21:26, Sambiasso said:

People who go put petrol in, then go shopping at petrol stations, waited 10mins for the bloke to come out with 2 bags of shopping.

Can top that - my local garage has a Subway in it and a young couple had parked at the pumps, blocking two of them, to get a Subway. No fuel.  There were plenty of available parking spaces around the edge of the forecourt.

It annoyed me and I also realised I felt a bit like Alan Partridge because of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blarmy said:

Can top that - my local garage has a Subway in it and a young couple had parked at the pumps, blocking two of them, to get a Subway. No fuel.  There were plenty of available parking spaces around the edge of the forecourt.

It annoyed me and I also realised I felt a bit like Alan Partridge because of this. 

tenor (3).gif

• Haha 1