Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

56 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

This isn’t Mrs Webbo is it ? 

62D786F1-D522-421B-AFD3-47FE7DAD0153.thumb.jpeg.0bd64936bf2b3ea54253d573d4f2549a.jpeg

Reminds me of the old gag....

Scottish fella walks into an empty pub followed by a big woman he doesn't know. 

He goes up to the bar and orders a pint of Whitbread, sits down and starts supping. The big woman orders a separate drink and goes and sits on the table next to him.

A few minutes later the fella gets up and goes for a piss and leaves his drink on the table. He comes back to his pint and is about to take a sip, but it stinks of shite.

He looks at the big woman on the next table and says "Hey! You fart in my Whitbread?"

She says "No, I'm Tessa Sanderson"

:D

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Reminds me of the old gag....

Scottish fella walks into an empty pub followed by a big woman he doesn't know. 

He goes up to the bar and orders a pint of Whitbread, sits down and starts supping. The big woman orders a separate drink and goes and sits on the table next to him.

A few minutes later the fella gets up and goes for a piss and leaves his drink on the table. He comes back to his pint and is about to take a sip, but it stinks of shite.

He looks at the big woman on the next table and says "Hey! You fart in my Whitbread?"

She says "No, I'm Tessa Sanderson"

:D

Classic @Izzy

giphy (10).gif

• Haha 1

Stuff like this.

"You Tube Star"

"Influencer"

She's got 220000 followers.

Admittedly, that's a lot more than anyone on here (although @Strokescould start a DIY channel that would gain millions), but in the grand scheme of things, 220k isn't really much.

Might sound harsh, but who cares?

Is this the media trying to chase a famous person affected by Covid?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-56539320

37 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Stuff like this.

"You Tube Star"

"Influencer"

She's got 220000 followers.

Admittedly, that's a lot more than anyone on here (although @Strokescould start a DIY channel that would gain millions), but in the grand scheme of things, 220k isn't really much.

Might sound harsh, but who cares?

Is this the media trying to chase a famous person affected by Covid?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-56539320

220k is a very decent amount of subscribers and more than enough to make a living off of YouTube videos 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

220k is a very decent amount of subscribers and more than enough to make a living off of YouTube videos 

Hardly a newsworthy story to be one of the top stories on the BBC homepage. 

She's not a household name, completely far from it.

23 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It's not.

To be honest, the BBC could have run a story on any fat woman that's been ill for a few months because of Covid.

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Jesus, you're brave.

This could turn into the 'Also in the news' thread from a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday morning. 

You might need to go in to hiding and change your name.

You should know by now that you aren't allowed opinions like this lol

Did Mark get out the banhammer while folks weren't looking, then?

That's some bloody sneaky modding. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

These Asda female shelf stackers complaining about equal pay compared to warehouse staff. Firstly, it’s a different job. Secondly, male and female shelf stackers get paid the same. Thirdly, if anything male shelf stackers could be arguing that they get tasked with the heavy beer, wines and spirits etc whilst the women are are toilet rolls and crisps, men could get paid more. Just to reiterate, I don’t think male stackers should get paid more but it’s just a thought . 

As someone who works in one of these distribution centres, I fully agree. My mum also spent years working in one of the shops. It absolutely cannot be compared. And within the depots there is the same arguments, with the men on the heaviest areas every single day which the women do not work on, yet they are paid the same. The smoking area has some lively chats about that. When all this originally kicked off loads of shop staff were invited to work in our depot and they soon ****ed off again. I think they lasted a week? They were offered full time jobs here (with the 'better' pay etc) and not a single one took up the offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

As someone who works in one of these distribution centres, I fully agree. My mum also spent years working in one of the shops. It absolutely cannot be compared. And within the depots there is the same arguments, with the men on the heaviest areas every single day which the women do not work on, yet they are paid the same. The smoking area has some lively chats about that. When all this originally kicked off loads of shop staff were invited to work in our depot and they soon ****ed off again. I think they lasted a week? They were offered full time jobs here (with the 'better' pay etc) and not a single one took up the offer.

You'll find it the same everywhere, argos warehouse at magna park back when I worked there, men on flatpacks, fridges and tvs, women on kids toys, clothes, other light stuff etc etc. All paid the same. :dunno:

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

A million YouTube subscribers gets you roughly $50k per year (£36k). So she's making no more than £9k per year off 220k subscribers, depending on how often she releases new content on average. 

That's not how YouTube works. YouTubers get paid based on the type of ads they have and how many views and can range from around $2 -20 per 1000 views. The amount of subscribers means nothing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

These Asda female shelf stackers complaining about equal pay compared to warehouse staff. Firstly, it’s a different job. Secondly, male and female shelf stackers get paid the same. Thirdly, if anything male shelf stackers could be arguing that they get tasked with the heavy beer, wines and spirits etc whilst the women are are toilet rolls and crisps, men could get paid more. Just to reiterate, I don’t think male stackers should get paid more but it’s just a thought . 

I'd been arguing the same thing about it being a different job with my missus, who works at the Co-op, earlier in the day, so, against my better judgement I'd thought I'd read your post out to her, despite the fact I know she stacks all the beer wine & spirits were she works & the blokes do as little as possible. She is a 3rd degree black belt in Karate, so i'll let you know when I can safely come out of the spare room! :fc:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kopic said:

11 hours ago, Innovindil said:

You'll find it the same everywhere, argos warehouse at magna park back when I worked there, men on flatpacks, fridges and tvs, women on kids toys, clothes, other light stuff etc etc. All paid the same. :dunno:

7 hours ago, steve555 said:

I'd been arguing the same thing about it being a different job with my missus, who works at the Co-op, earlier in the day, so, against my better judgement I'd thought I'd read your post out to her, despite the fact I know she stacks all the beer wine & spirits were she works & the blokes do as little as possible. She is a 3rd degree black belt in Karate, so i'll let you know when I can safely come out of the spare room! :fc:

Equal pay for equal work was the mantra years ago when women were paid less for doing the same job as men. Now both sexes that work in the same jobs quite rightly get paid the same. How the work is distributed amongst male and female staff is surely down to the shift leaders/managers? 

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Equal pay for equal work was the mantra years ago when women were paid less for doing the same job as men. Now both sexes that work in the same jobs quite rightly get paid the same. How the work is distributed amongst male and female staff is surely down to the shift leaders/managers? 

Indeed, and rightly so. The argument here is whether these examples are the same job or not. On the surface, sure, deeper down, I think it's hard to argue that picking toys and picking flatpacks are the same job. It's a blurry line I think.

BST. Changing all the clocks in our house is a pain. Not only the clocks, but numerous other gadgets with built-in timers. Personally, I'd prefer GMT all year. Not only would it do away with this twice-yearly exercise, but also make those endlessly long summer evenings seem a bit less endless.

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

BST. Changing all the clocks in our house is a pain. Not only the clocks, but numerous other gadgets with built-in timers. Personally, I'd prefer GMT all year. Not only would it do away with this twice-yearly exercise, but also make those endlessly long summer evenings seem a bit less endless.

FB_IMG_1616879541320.jpg.d41d6c94ee98af58339e7bd1a0331783.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I have the microwave, cooker, kitchen clock and car. That's it. Takes about 5 mins! 

Yeah i have my car, an alarm clock and an old clock on the wall. Really isn't much hassle. I don't even have the microwave clock set.