Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

If you are going to die for a day on the beach you would want a nice beach than Stokes Bay in March.  I'm thinking Copacabana during party season.

at the copa, copacobana, i passed on the virus to grandma

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Gordon Ramsay. That is all.

27 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Why, what's he done? :huh:

16 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Has terminated the employment of over 500 of his staff.

Think you need to wait to see the evidence - he may well be defenceless but he shouldn’t have to bankrupt himself to keep his staff in a job - I’m telling my staff what we hope to do but the fact is that by the third week in April, if the govt don’t have a working scheme in place then you will have to pay your staff from your cash reserves ........... some business’ will judge that they are better letting their staff go than taking that risk if they may not have those reserves and then the staff have to be paid for the first two weeks of April plus their notice period of the second two weeks ........ 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/tyres-slashed-volunteers-car-delivers-4000251

A volunteer helping her community through the coronavirus crisis had all four tyres on her car slashed while helping neighbours.

Helen Crouch, who has been delivering meals, prescriptions and groceries to people in coronavirus isolation in three Leicestershire villages, wept when she realised her car had been damaged.

The 41-year-old single mum, who set up the Bagworth and Thornton Coronavirus Community Response Team earlier this month, said: “I am a strong person but I just stood there and cried.

“I can’t believe anyone could do this.

“There were leaflets advertising the response team in my back windows and everyone has seen me out and about in Thornton, Bagworth and Stanton under Bardon. No other car was damaged.

“I think someone has deliberately targeted my car to try to stop me doing what I am doing. It is sick beyond belief.

“All four tyres have holes in. It looks like someone has used a big screwdriver to inflict the damage.”

Helen’s VW Touareg was damaged on Main Street in Thornton sometime between about 7pm on Saturday and 9am on Sunday.

“My car broke down on Saturday so I had to leave it there,” she said. “I had just delivered a shepherd’s pie to an old person in the village.

“I called a friend and told him about my car breaking down. He said I could borrow his van to carry on my rounds as I had other food to deliver.”

Helen, who has visited more than 100 people in the 12 days since she set up the volunteer group, worked until the evening on Saturday then went out the next morning.

“As I drove past my car I saw that all four tyres were flat as a pancake,” she said.

“I got out and I could clearly see the puncture marks in each tyre. that’s when I lost it.”

A distraught Helen, a self-employed interior designer to the pub who is now jobless,  filmed the damage to her tyres and can be heard describing he emotional reaction the vandalism.

In the video, which she posted on Facebook, she says: “Do you know what? I’ve done two weeks of response work in these two villages and somebody has stabbed every single one of my tyres on a car that has broken down and that I need.

“I hope you are proud of yourselves. £450. I have just lost my business. Thanks a lot.”

Shortly after the video was posted online, Thornton resident Matt Goddard set up a Gofundme appeal to pay for Helen’s tyres to be replaced.

He set a target of £500 which was achieved within two hours.

Matt, who is in a 14-day isolation at home with his wife and child, is a firefighter with the Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service based at Lutterworth.

“This is terrible” he said. “Helen is amazing.

“She has been delivering stuff to us and to my parents who are also in isolation in the village.

“Any extra money raise will got to help the group carry on their great work looking after people and helping them in isolation.”

Helen said she was touched by the response.

“I can’t thank the people enough,” she said. “It is very humbling to know that, in these tough times, people have actually donated money to help me out.

Helen Crouch, 41, of the Bagworth and Thornton Coronavirus Community Response team has had her car targeted as someone punctured all four of its tyres (Image: Leicester Mercury / Chris Gordon)
“A horrible thing has happened but this just shows that the vast majority of people are good.

“I want the person who slashed my tyres to know that I won’t be discouraged or beaten . They won’t win – together the whole community will win.”

By 3pm today, the fund total had reached £1,860.

Leicestershire Police have confirmed they are investigating the tyre slashing.

“We have had a report of damage to a vehicle parked in Main Street, Thornton.

“This is believed to have happened between about 7pm on March 28 and 9am the next day.

“We would ask anyone who knows anything about the incident to call us.”

Anyone with any information can contact the police on 101.

To donate to the fund click here. 

• Sad 1

been brewing for ages for his opinions on most things but it’s finally time to nominate “one of our own” here. gary lineker. every single take he’s had on this whole pandemic has just served to prove he is a a genuine cu nt. sorry. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

been brewing for ages for his opinions on most things but it’s finally time to nominate “one of our own” here. gary lineker. every single take he’s had on this whole pandemic has just served to prove he is a a genuine cu nt. sorry. 

I thought everyone who wasn't #FBPE knew this since 2016. Class A bellend.

Queue's to get into M&S near me, whilst queuing outside with my son, watched a lady spend 10 minutes choosing a sandwich, picking up many packs during the process. :nono:

So I shot her a  dirty look through the window

• Haha 1

One of my neighbours, who’s decided that a global pandemic in which everyone is forced to work from home or has lost their job entirely by being told to stay indoors, and at a time where everyone’s anxiety is heightened, is the best time to attempt a DIY mission of constantly hammering and sawing. 

Some people are so selfish that they probably don’t realise it until after they’ve written out and angry post about it on FoxesTalk. 

Prince Charles, probably his first entry into this hall of infamy.

For deciding to go to Balmoral to recover from coronavirus.

The police have been doing spot checks on major roads to persuade the rest of us not to travel.

By travelling he is putting his household at risk, and potentially carrying the virus into an area which it has probably not reached yet.

And if he became seriously ill the nearest A&E in Aberdeen is getting on for 50 miles away.

Did none of his advisers try to tell him that this was not a good idea.

He could easily have opted to set a much better example by announcing that he was going to stay in the palatial comfort of one of his many homes until the crisis is over.

30 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

State mandated exemptions on religious gatherings... because Churches aren't regularly packed out by the most at-risk demographic.  Wow.

A subtle way to cull them perhaps? :P

• Haha 1