Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

16 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Anybody know much about appliance repair?

Our 4 year old previously trouble free Blomberg dishwasher has started tripping the electrics.

The socket is ok (tested it with the iron).

Haven't changed the fuse in the plug because a) I haven't got one b) if it is the fuse it would be nice to know why it blew and c) in three decades of adult life I've never had a fuse go in anything.

Anything I can try before I ring a repair man?

IMG_7472.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

What do people do with left over roast pork? I usually buy a joint that’s way too big because I’m a greedy **** and just end up giving the rest to the dog or bin it - what should I do with the cold pork. 

Sandwiches! Make some extra stuffing with the roast, then slather in apple sauce.

Or do a salad with slices of pork.

Stir fry would work too, noodles, fresh veg and a sauce.

Just now, tom27111 said:

Sandwiches! Make some extra stuffing with the roast, then slather in apple sauce.

Thanks - sandwiches the following day seem the best option!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Cooking, decorating, long distance driving, pub quizes, golf. 

There's just no end to your talents Tom.....

7 hours ago, Tommy G said:

What do people do with left over roast pork? I usually buy a joint that’s way too big because I’m a greedy **** and just end up giving the rest to the dog or bin it - what should I do with the cold pork. 

Definitely Cobs with left over stuffing and apple sauce. Tiny drizzle of gravy over the pork if you have any left too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Just moved house. For the tv aerial connection there is 2 ports, a ‘Tv’ and ‘Radio’. My aerial cable only fits the Radio connection, looked it up and folk reckon it should still work yet nothing is found when doing the channel scan. Any ideas? 

I didn't even realise aerial connections still worked!

Any advice or suggestions for cheap tablets? Amazon tabs? Acer/Lenovo?

Good, bad, indifferent or don't bother? Save the money and put it towards an iPad/Alternative?

I'm looking for a reasonably cheap and basic tablet to buy as a gift.

I've seen;

Buy AMAZON Fire HD 8 Tablet (2022) - 32 GB, Black | Currys - £49.99 

Buy VENTURER Voyager 7" Tablet - 16 GB, Rose Gold | Currys = £59.99

Buy ACER ACTAB723 7" Tablet - 16 GB, Black | Currys - £59.99 - These first 3 perhaps abit on the small side?

Buy AMAZON Fire HD 10 10.1" Tablet (2023) - 32 GB, Black | Currys - £84.99

Buy ACER ACTAB1024 10.1" Tablet - 32 GB, Gun Grey | Currys - £89.99

Buy LENOVO Tab M9 9" Tablet with Silicone Case - 32 GB, Arctic Grey | Currys - £99.99

As someone who has only used Apple and knows nothing about Android are they similar in ease of use? I assume you can pretty much download the same like-for-like apps? Google news as opposed to Apple news?

Edited by Matt

I'm an android phone user and I've historically bought FIRE HD tablets for the kids. But honestly, the tablet experience is a bit of a hot mess. 

Apps dont seem to be optimized for tablets and they run a bit slower than an iPad. 

The iPad is a much better experience in my opinion, but admittedly, it's been 4-5 years since the FIRE HD, the landscape might have improved. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'm an android phone user and I've historically bought FIRE HD tablets for the kids. But honestly, the tablet experience is a bit of a hot mess. 

Apps dont seem to be optimized for tablets and they run a bit slower than an iPad. 

The iPad is a much better experience in my opinion, but admittedly, it's been 4-5 years since the FIRE HD, the landscape might have improved. 

Just been reading there is no access to the Google Play Store and it's very much Amazons software, services and apps? So I take that as you'd not be able to get like-for-like apps you'd get on Android/Apple? :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Gas cooker keeps clicking as if it’s trying to ignite. Anyone had this before? Coincides with me cleaning it and I’ve read online it might be damp causing this?

Check the rings/burners are correctly in place and you’ve dried it properly 

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gas cooker keeps clicking as if it’s trying to ignite. Anyone had this before? Coincides with me cleaning it and I’ve read online it might be damp causing this?

Sounds really daft but I have to blow on mine to get it going (no innuendo). 

31 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Check the rings/burners are correctly in place and you’ve dried it properly 

Dried which bits? I’ve had the knobs off and cleaned down that bit. Haven’t touched the igniter bit though?  

15 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Sounds really daft but I have to blow on mine to get it going (no innuendo). 

lol which part? I’ve just tried blowing onto two of the igniters. Tbf has slowed down a bit but not sure if that’s my mind now.