Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

No worries at all. We were undecided between paving and tarmac and were going to compare prices. We were told that they're about the same now, generally due to the increased cost of tarmac. But ours is definitely less than the paving quoted for yours, per sqm. But, yes, it's a lot of money to do it. As I've currently got approx 150sqm of bad beige gravel, I'm hoping it'll be a significant improvement and money well spent. 

Tarmac does come in different colours, we only wanted black so didn't explore other options. 

It can definitely look bland if it's just all the same. We're having a couple of rows of grey blocks all around the edges to break it up. A paved area and some flower beds. 

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Does anyone have experience of applying for Irish citizenship? My wife's trying to sort hers and have a couple of questions.

I did mine last year and I'm currently doing my daughters. Happy to help if I can

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Does anyone have experience of applying for Irish citizenship? My wife's trying to sort hers and have a couple of questions.

www.citizensinformation.ie

is a good site to start. They have answers to most thing and direct contact to Gov departments for answers to anything they don't know.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Does anybody know anything about Apple Laptops? Daughter has one and it wont switch on. I have asked and 'of course its charged' She has googled it and tried a few things but still no luck.

Make an appointment online with the Genius Bar at an Apple Store to bring it in, they'll take it apart and diagnose the problem for free. My Macbook Air did this, basically they told me the logic board was fried and not worth repairing (£££). If she hasn't backed up her data, you can remove the SSD and buy a compatible enclosure to use it as a USB external hard drive. 

Edited by brucey
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here use CBD oil for pain management? I keep seeing references to it and met someone who swears by it but I’m a born sceptic… 

I found some online sellers but info is a bit vague.

Looks expensive too. Don’t want to throw money at something that doesn’t work.

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Has anyone ever done the fireworks in London for New Years Eve?

Tickets go on sale tomorrow and we're considering it.

Hogmanay in Edinburgh is also an option, but that then means finding somewhere to stay.

Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone? Go and see the fireworks in London and book a hotel in Edinburgh. 

• Thanks 1

On 31/10/2023 at 21:00, jgtuk said:

Does anyone here use CBD oil for pain management? I keep seeing references to it and met someone who swears by it but I’m a born sceptic… 

I found some online sellers but info is a bit vague.

Looks expensive too. Don’t want to throw money at something that doesn’t work.

It's not great. The THC taken out of it stops it being effective for most of its proposed health benefits 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If you identify as a hamster are you a hamster ? 

And do you therefore have all the legal rights of a hamster? What dental care will you need? Do you pay your own veterinary bills? When you go out for dinner, how will people feel about you storing food in your cheek pouches for later?

These are the important questions.

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 15:57, Trav Le Bleu said:

Why is it if I said I was a woman, people would agree and sympathise with me,

But,

If I said I was a Premier League footballer, they'd point and laugh at me?

Which example do you mostly look like?

Anybody know much about appliance repair?

Our 4 year old previously trouble free Blomberg dishwasher has started tripping the electrics.

The socket is ok (tested it with the iron).

Haven't changed the fuse in the plug because a) I haven't got one b) if it is the fuse it would be nice to know why it blew and c) in three decades of adult life I've never had a fuse go in anything.

Anything I can try before I ring a repair man?

Edited by Bellend Sebastian