Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

But why would she ever want to resume the relationship with him after this incident against her, where she could've been murdered..?

Surprised that she wasn't given a protection order barring him from seeing her etc (unless this was included in the punishment, but wasn't reported in the press?).

Edited by Wymsey

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

But why would she ever want to resume the relationship with him after this incident against her, where she could've been murdered..?

Surprised that she wasn't given a protection order barring him from seeing her etc (unless this was included in the punishment, but wasn't reported in the press?).

If memory serves Danny Simpson's victim did the same, refused to support the police. Caroline Flack's boyfriend defended her vehemently when she was being charged and hounded by the press before she killed herself. Rihanna went back to Chris Brown years later (and his career seems to be flourishing). In the courts right now the truth is coming out about Amber Heard's campaign of abuse against Johnny Depp for years, but he still tried to rescue the marriage. My auntie was abused for years by her husband and only told people after he died - she still talks of him fondly sometimes.

Point is people are infinitely complex I suppose.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Lets hope we bin off the goal music.

Nothing like celebrating while listening to a woman beater.

We haven’t had the goal music for months. There was another reason for that. Actually it must have been well over a year now I think.

Edited by Manini

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Because it happens all the time. Bloke is abusive/gets kicked out/is truly sorry/comes back/everything is fine/until the next time/repeat, a story as old as time itself.

Obviously we only know so much about what's gone on here but the “evidence of previous abusive behaviour” mentioned in court alludes to something similar

That's appalling news about Tom from Kasabian. They were one of the things I was proud of Leicester for, giving birth to a band that created some great tunes but who also kept their home city close to their hearts.

Guess the Kasabian branded LCFC clothing is going on sale tonight!

• Like 2

Was this the only court appearance he had? If not, it seems it all managed to miss the press until the sentencing court date. Caroline Flack seemed to be in court a few times before the actual trial or was that because she pleaded not guilty? 

Also, it seems Meighan pleaded not guilty until he was shown the video footage? Was this today? Initially pleaded not guilty until they showed the video and then cried and changed it to guilty? 

Not that any of what I'm asking matters, thoughts are with the victim and child. He needs help as well, seems a really troubled individual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Was this the only court appearance he had? If not, it seems it all managed to miss the press until the sentencing court date. Caroline Flack seemed to be in court a few times before the actual trial or was that because she pleaded not guilty? 

Also, it seems Meighan pleaded not guilty until he was shown the video footage? Was this today? Initially pleaded not guilty until they showed the video and then cried and changed it to guilty? 

Not that any of what I'm asking matters, thoughts are with the victim and child. He needs help as well, seems a really troubled individual.

I think that bit relates to him being interviewed by the old bill. He denied it until the CCTV was produced.

He entered a guilty plea in court immediately far as I can tell

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

First and only hearing. Reporting restrictions were in place during the run up because the CPS didnt want a Flack situation. Also proceeded straight to sentencing today to avoid it running on in the media.

He didn't plead not guilty - he denied it at Police interview stage until they shown him the CCTV.

50 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Because she wasn’t murdered. Nobody other than her and him know the details of what happened in full so it’s not worth speculating.

Plus the abused often do want to, especially if they are the financial provider. 

Edited by Babylon

48 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

"So Miss Agar, what are your reasons for wanting to resume the relationship with multi millionaire Mr Meighan?" :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Radio Leicester needs to be notified of that tweet; there could be room for discipline, here..

Come on, i dont think any of us here are Ian's biggest fans but a tweet calling him cool before knowing the issues doesn't warrant that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riot Van said:

Lets hope we bin off the goal music.

Nothing like celebrating while listening to a woman beater.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

We haven’t had the goal music for months. There was another reason for that. Actually it must have been well over a year now I think.

I don't think we've had goal music since the helicopter crash after it was pointed out that playing "Fire" might not be the most appropriate thing to given the circumstances.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Radio Leicester needs to be notified of that tweet; there could be room for discipline, here..

if they were going to discipline him every time he said something stupid, he wouldn't have made it through his first week!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I don't think we've had goal music since the helicopter crash after it was pointed out that playing "Fire" might not be the most appropriate thing to given the circumstances.

I can't believe we had fans who didn't realise our goal music is gone! Have we really been that shit!

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I can't believe we had fans who didn't realise our goal music is gone! Have we really been that shit!

To be fair it has been nearly 4-5 months since anybody was in the stadium. But yeah it’s been a while now without it, thankfully! It was absolutely unnecessary anyway. 

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Come on, i dont think any of us here are Ian's biggest fans but a tweet calling him cool before knowing the issues doesn't warrant that. 

It does highlight just how much of a weasel Stringer is though, which is good enough for me. Clearly knows f**k all about his mate Tom.

He knew just as much on what had gone off as I did, in fact probably less :nigel: