Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Am sure/convinced a member of this website forum, 'IanS' is actually Stringer himself.. (don't want to @ him, in case it is indeed him and he potentially wants to get attention on this thread if he's notified about being mentioned on this thread.

As heard him in the past say he lives in Burbage, and this member's profile mentions Burbage, and also his posts on here seem similar style to what Stringer would say himself irl.

Edited by Wymsey

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am sure/convinced a member of this website forum, 'IanS' is actually Stringer himself.. (don't want to @ him, in case it is indeed him and he potentially wants to get attention on this thread if he's notified about being mentioned on this thread.

As heard him in the past say he lives in Burbage, and this member's profile mentions Burbage, and also his posts on here seem similar style to what Stringer would say himself irl.

He lives in the north west Leicestershire area not too far away from my grandparents, well he did anyway. A nob by all accounts. 

Anyway - not about him. Not really acceptable from Tom and it’ll make me think differently of him in future. Glad he’s holding his hands up and hopefully he can sort himself out but hitting women is pretty low, no matter what the circumstance. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

In front of a quivering child as well. Jesus.

The child had great courage to call the police at the time, especially when he was in a situation where the child could've been physically hurt themselves..

• Like 1

People can call Stringer out on social media, as I have done, for his stupid and offensive "cool" comment.

Domestic violence / abuse is not "cool".

Will he acknowledge this mistake and apologise? Probably not, but I will ask until I get some acknowledgement from him!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

He was given an 18-month community order and ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work.

He will also be required to complete five days of rehabilitation and ordered to pay a £90 victim surcharge and £85 in prosecution costs.

That's really not good enough to be honest. I'm a huge Kasabian and Meighan fan, and being hyper empathetic I felt sorry for him initially when the rumours were posted on here yesterday. But that was a vicious attack and he should be properly punished for it. £90 is a ****ing insult to the victim. He might have lost his own band after 20 years but most abusers get prison time and he should be no different.

However, conversely I still hope he's able to make proper amends and turn his life around. Danny Simpson did something equally horrific and according to an ITK mate of mine he really worked on his problems and is a reformed character. What he did should never be minimised or excused, but it's still possible to become a better person IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

That's really not good enough to be honest. I'm a huge Kasabian and Meighan fan, and being hyper empathetic I felt sorry for him initially when the rumours were posted on here yesterday. But that was a vicious attack and he should be properly punished for it. £90 is a ****ing insult to the victim. He might have lost his own band after 20 years but most abusers get prison time and he should be no different.

However, conversely I still hope he's able to make proper amends and turn his life around. Danny Simpson did something equally horrific and according to an ITK mate of mine he really worked on his problems and is a reformed character. What he did should never be minimised or excused, but it's still possible to become a better person IMO.

No they don't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Such a small fine would suggest the victim dropped charges but the cps had enough evidence against him to take him court 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The law surrounding this is terrible. 

Tom Meighans actions were and will always be indefensible. He clearly needs some sort of mental help and I hope he gets that and comes out the right side of it. According to the reports he came across very remorseful in court which is something at the least. 

I wonder what all the people worshipping him yesterday think now? Wait until the full story comes out I say. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

I wonder what all the people worshipping him yesterday think now? Wait until the full story comes out I say. 

RL have had to remove a few things from their twitter after Stringer tweeted support of him from it yesterday.