Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Yeah "know him" is stretching a bit... bumped into him and chatted to him from time to time would be better. Nice bloke.

Even if we'd won that game would have started plummeting under Taylor eventually.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/676868/Leicester-Arsenal-Islam-Slimani-Jamie-Vardy-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip

Sporting Lisbon chief: Leicester target will outscore Arsenal-bound Jamie Vardy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7193400/Sporting-Lisbon-boss-Jorge-Jesus-reckons-Islam-Slimani-would-score-twice-as-many-goals-as-Jamie-Vardy-at-Leicester.html

Yes I said something like that before and people were so offended , now it's a big coach who is saying it obviously he might wanna make money by selling. but there is some truth in that.

But, hold on, as I believe Slimani is as good as Vardy + younger, there is NOWAY he can double what Vardy scored (in one season, maybe in a couple!), I guess the coach was exaggerating to emphasize his scoring capabilities but not meaning really double double! However, I believe he can score 20 goals easy if he plays regularly..

Also, his coach is saying that, is that a sign Slimani is closer to Leicester? made me wonder!

Good luck to Leicester with or without Vardy with or without Slimani.

Edited by Fennec-Fox

Surprisingly little new insight, lots of cliches & exaggeration.

Decrepit little Leicester..., Nigel Pearson despot - tried to strangle an opposition player...

Inclined to agree... It was a little 'cringey' at moments, but, kept me entertained and was none the less intereting to hear the perspective of an American... I enjoyed the comparisons between the American draft systems and the European leagues cash lead empires...

Inclined to agree... It was a little 'cringey' at moments, but, kept me entertained and was none the less intereting to hear the perspective of an American... I enjoyed the comparisons between the American draft systems and the European leagues cash lead empires...

Yes, that was interesting. I think they use something similar here in Aus for Aussie rules football (AFL), though I've never looked into it.

I know they have a salary cap for A-League soccer because Perth exceeded it last year and were heavily penalised.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Surprisingly little new insight, lots of cliches & exaggeration.

Decrepit little Leicester..., Nigel Pearson despot - tried to strangle an opposition player...

It's aimed at Americans that don't really watch football,  not hardcore Leicester fans so it's not really surprising there's little new insight for us. I think that explains the exaggeration as well. They're trying to sell the story in a brief period of airtime. I don't think you can truly understand how much of a shock our season was without being a long term football fan, and possibly even an avid viewer of the Premier League.

Tottenham had 'everyone against us' in title race - Mauricio Pochettino

ESPN FC Tottenham correspondent Dan Kilpatrick looks back at Spurs' season, and what it is they need for the 2016/17 season to finally finish above their North London rivals.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said everyone was against his team in their Premier League title challenge against Leicester City this season.

Spurs were in contention for a maiden Premier League crown until their 36th game, when a 2-2 draw at Chelsea confirmed the Foxes as the unlikeliest champions in the competition's history.

The level of public goodwill towards Leicester -- managed by likeable Italian Claudio Ranieri and with heavy odds against them at the beginning of the season -- was unprecedented, while a number of Premier League figures including West Brom's Tony Pulis, Stoke City boss Mark Hughes and Chelsea pair Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas openly declared their support for Leicester.

Pochettino, who has the youngest squad in the Premier League, says he struggles to understand why Spurs were cast as the villains of the piece.

"I have to admit that it was an added stress. Everyone was against us," the Argentine told Ocio News.

"The second placed team in the table were the team to beat, that is the first time in history that has happened. It was difficult to understand. I still do not understand it now. Everybody was too nice to Leicester -- we were the bad guys who wanted to ruin the fairytale story of Cinderella."

Pochettino says his Spurs squad will learn from the campaign but paid credit to Leicester and Ranieri, declaring them worthy winners.

"I believe we were brave and took risks. A team is a reflection of their coaching staff and carries their character. That is something I learned many years ago from Marcelo Bielsa.

"We are the youngest team in the Premier League. This experience will be good for us. To play well is not easy, we slipped up.

"We were not able to compete in those moments of the season which are key to be champions," he added.

"Leicester competed better. They had a different philosophy than ours, but just as valid. I congratulate them. After 38 games the best team always wins.

"This season is proof that in England, in the Premier League, anything can happen. It is the most competitive league.

"Claudio has that entertaining 'Latin' thing. He jokes around. I took it well when he said 'Keep calm Pochettino.'"

The arrivals of Pep Guardiola at Manchester City and Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, as well as Antonio Conte at Chelsea, means the Premier League promises to be even more competitive next season.

Pochettino is excited by the increased competition and has no problem with the spotlight being on Manchester.

"They will have a problem as the city is small and they are sure to meet!," he joked.

"They are two great managers and to compete against them will be good. Also two big teams, United and City, but also there is Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham.

"Next season should be exciting in England. But it is normal that, for their history and trophies won, Mourinho and Guardiola eclipse everyone else."

Tottenham had 'everyone against us' in title race - Mauricio Pochettino

ESPN FC Tottenham correspondent Dan Kilpatrick looks back at Spurs' season, and what it is they need for the 2016/17 season to finally finish above their North London rivals.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino has said everyone was against his team in their Premier League title challenge against Leicester City this season.

Spurs were in contention for a maiden Premier League crown until their 36th game, when a 2-2 draw at Chelsea confirmed the Foxes as the unlikeliest champions in the competition's history.

The level of public goodwill towards Leicester -- managed by likeable Italian Claudio Ranieri and with heavy odds against them at the beginning of the season -- was unprecedented, while a number of Premier League figures including West Brom's Tony Pulis, Stoke City boss Mark Hughes and Chelsea pair Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas openly declared their support for Leicester.

Pochettino, who has the youngest squad in the Premier League, says he struggles to understand why Spurs were cast as the villains of the piece.

"I have to admit that it was an added stress. Everyone was against us," the Argentine told Ocio News.

"The second placed team in the table were the team to beat, that is the first time in history that has happened. It was difficult to understand. I still do not understand it now. Everybody was too nice to Leicester -- we were the bad guys who wanted to ruin the fairytale story of Cinderella."

Pochettino says his Spurs squad will learn from the campaign but paid credit to Leicester and Ranieri, declaring them worthy winners.

"I believe we were brave and took risks. A team is a reflection of their coaching staff and carries their character. That is something I learned many years ago from Marcelo Bielsa.

"We are the youngest team in the Premier League. This experience will be good for us. To play well is not easy, we slipped up.

"We were not able to compete in those moments of the season which are key to be champions," he added.

"Leicester competed better. They had a different philosophy than ours, but just as valid. I congratulate them. After 38 games the best team always wins.

"This season is proof that in England, in the Premier League, anything can happen. It is the most competitive league.

"Claudio has that entertaining 'Latin' thing. He jokes around. I took it well when he said 'Keep calm Pochettino.'"

The arrivals of Pep Guardiola at Manchester City and Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, as well as Antonio Conte at Chelsea, means the Premier League promises to be even more competitive next season.

Pochettino is excited by the increased competition and has no problem with the spotlight being on Manchester.

"They will have a problem as the city is small and they are sure to meet!," he joked.

"They are two great managers and to compete against them will be good. Also two big teams, United and City, but also there is Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Tottenham.

"Next season should be exciting in England. But it is normal that, for their history and trophies won, Mourinho and Guardiola eclipse everyone else."

Paranoia strikes deep..

Before everyone gets on Pochettino's back and before everyone thinks he hates us, he did also say this in the article in case people glean over it:

• Like 1

Before everyone gets on Pochettino's back and before everyone thinks he hates us, he did also say this in the article in case people glean over it:

I don't think he is saying anything unfair, it is interesting how this got into the mindset of spurs, they showed at the end they were mentally fragile and if they do end up challenging for the title the likes of Mourinho will have a field day with his mind games.

We had people all season saying we would drop off, we couldn't sustain it all season, we haven't played anyone good yet, we've been lucky, what will we do when teams set up to defend deep, how will we cope without Vardy's goals...

We just blocked it all out and won the fvcking league (still can't believe) those comments from MP just serves to underline Spurs as bottlers just as much as finishing third in a 2 horse race. United and Man City were only 4 points behind they only a couple of results from dropping out the Champions League positions.

Spurs have the ability to do well next season, but their temperament is suspect.

I don't think he is saying anything unfair, it is interesting how this got into the mindset of spurs, they showed at the end they were mentally fragile and if they do end up challenging for the title the likes of Mourinho will have a field day with his mind games.

We had people all season saying we would drop off, we couldn't sustain it all season, we haven't played anyone good yet, we've been lucky, what will we do when teams set up to defend deep, how will we cope without Vardy's goals...

We just blocked it all out and won the fvcking league (still can't believe) those comments from MP just serves to underline Spurs as bottlers just as much as finishing third in a 2 horse race. United and Man City were only 4 points behind they only a couple of results from dropping out the Champions League positions.

Spurs have the ability to do well next season, but their temperament is suspect.

oh i agree. I know some people will just go off on one having read the first part of the article.