Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Only just caught a few minutes of it but some shock jock on talksport who's covering for the excellent Colin Murray saying we should sack claudio and get someone like Simeone in order to not go backwards. good one mate.

lollollol

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

A lot in that seems to make sense...but still, it overlooks the obvious point that Vardy has still turned down money to stay with us. 

According to the papers, Arsenal would have offered £120k per week - if true, it means he's effectively turned down £960,000 (gross) on his annual salary. 

I know there's a bit of a law of diminishing returns on this kind of thing - but even for a rich man, that's still a lot of money to turn down. 

Edited by leicesterseddon
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

A lot in that seems to make sense...but still, it overlooks the obvious point that Vardy has still turned down money to stay with us. 

According to the papers, Arsenal would have offered £120k per week - if true, it means he's effectively turned down £960,000 (gross) on his annual salary. 

I know there's a bit of a law of diminishing returns on this kind of thing - but even for a rich man, that's still a lot of money to turn down. 

Well he has just released his autobiography, he'll easily make a good £50 from the sales of that. 

Plus the movie will be a huge money spinner for him, then he's got the V9 academy thing going on too. Then sponsorships and bonuses etc. Quite refreshing to see someone still turn down some extra cash, doesn't happen enough these days (Kante think of anyone else that would N'Golo elsewhere just for the money)

38 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

you have a 48 week year?

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Only just caught a few minutes of it but some shock jock on talksport who's covering for the excellent Colin Murray saying we should sack claudio and get someone like Simeone in order to not go backwards. good one mate.

This is why I can never listen to it. I've got no time for click bait, trolling or any of that kinda stuff. Seriously, just come up with an interesting discussion and people will listen, you don't need to piss them off to generate 'content'.

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolute horse shit.

I'm slightly wrong it says "one of the highest paid"

ottenham Hotspur will hand Eric Dier a new five-year contract as reward for his superb form for club and country.

Dier, who will become one of the club’s best-paid players on around £70,000-a-week, was one of Tottenham’s stand-out performers last season after being converted into a defensive midfielder by manager Mauricio Pochettino.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/21/eric-dier-to-be-rewarded-with-new-five-year-tottenham-contract-a/

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Quoting the article doesn't make it any more accurate, Webbo. I wasn't saying it was horse shit that you read it, I believed that bit!

The article is trash though. 

You must have some empirical evidence to be that adamant.

Please share

I'm sure 70k would be one of their highest paid players. lloris probably best paid 80/90k. others would be dembele and lamela at that sort of figure. I believe many of the players will be renegotiating this summer up to the 60/80k area.  their main problem is the size of their squad. too big.

Just now, BornBlue said:

If his performance in the Euros was "superb form", then I'd like to see him out of form. I thought he was a disgrace.

Eric Dier was our best player by a mile.

• Like 2

Just now, Webbo said:

Eric Dier was our best player by a mile.

I don't see it personally. He constantly passed sideways (in classic England style) and every time he tried a long through ball he hoofed it into touch. Also, he was supposed to be 'covering the back four', which he failed to do consistently, leading to us conceding on at least one occasion.

• Like 1

Reckon the club handled Vardy's pay structure brilliantly. Arsenal 3 years @£120k per week, taking him to age 32. Total earnings over 3 years £18.72 mill

Foxes offered 4 year £100k taking him to 33. Total earnings over 4 years £20.8 mill. Made sense given his age to stay at Leicester.

Great management.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Reckon the club handled Vardy's pay structure brilliantly. Arsenal 3 years @£120k per week, taking him to age 32. Total earnings over 3 years £18.72 mill

Foxes offered 4 year £100k taking him to 33. Total earnings over 4 years £20.8 mill. Made sense given his age to stay at Leicester.

Great management.

Thought arse offered him 4 years as well

On 22 July 2016 at 14:22, Finnegan said:

Absolute horse shit.

Therea rumours that Spurs wage bill is very low and hence they are recultant to sign a top name as it would cause a problem with various players wanting pay rise.

On 7/22/2016 at 11:49, leicesterseddon said:

Whilst it's a good wack (you'd lose nearly half of it in tax mind) to a man poised to gross £5.2M a year you'd think other factors could play a part, such as the fact he's the main man here, his family are settled here (lives here, kids schooled here) we're the PL champions and in pot 1 in the CL......plus there's that really great look alike of him who he loves so much. How much of it is actually down to loyalty to the club fans I dunno but ultimately who cares.