Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I remember when I was on a miserable wage of 40 grand a week. Terrible existence

Absolute pittance, I'm surprised to see this level of degradation of workers' rights already 

• Like 1

Leicester City players return for pre-season testing as the Foxes step things up in their bid to retain the Premier League title

Thought De Last was going to Middlesborough permanently whilst Inler isn't in Ranieri's plans according to press not long ago?

I can see a place for Inler this year, Ranieri seems to rate him and we have loads of games. I suspect DeLaet will go though.

This is my only worry/reason for not wanting Wales to win it.

Leicester should get Team Of The Year @ SPOTY imo but if Wales won the Euros they will get Team Of The Year @ SPOTY no doubt, where as ajthefox has said I think our achievement is bigger, but I am bias of course.

Apart from that reason yeah my support is behind Wales. I would prefer Iceland though (Obviously Iceland can't win Team Of The Year as it's a British awards ceremony isn't it?).

Take nothing away from Wales, it would be a huge achievement and well deserved, they'd get massive respect and credit from me, but I don't think they should be team of the year, in comparison to a 38 game season.

Edited by Matt

This is my only worry/reason for not wanting Wales to win it.

Leicester should get Team Of The Year @ SPOTY imo but if Wales won the Euros they will get Team Of The Year @ SPOTY no doubt, where as ajthefox has said I think our achievement is bigger, but I am bias of course.

Apart from that reason yeah my support is behind Wales. I would prefer Iceland though (Obviously Iceland can't win Team Of The Year as it's a British awards ceremony isn't it?).

Take nothing away from Wales, it would be a huge achievement and well deserved, they'd get massive respect and credit from me, but I don't think they should be team of the year, in comparison to a 38 game season.

You'd have to have joint winners, either losing would be a bloody travesty considering what some teams have won it for.

according to bookies odds, right now, losing by 4 goals with 20 minutes to go and getting absolutely battered and basically already out, iceland are 5 times more likely to win the euros than we were the league. it's a non-contest. 

• Like 2

20/1 to win the prem surely we have never started a season with odds this low?

Will they be even lower before kick off.

speaking to a few people and they reckon we are the only team who've ever been priced the same to win the prem as to go down lol.

speaking to a few people and they reckon we are the only team who've ever been priced the same to win the prem as to go down lol.

It shouldn't be that unusual a team like Everton or West Ham have very little chance of doing either, I guess the odds weighting is that only the big 6 teams get anything like short odds on Champions and they will have massive odds on relegation.

• Like 1