Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

not after the rule changes we won't. When the pots are seeded by you co efficient and this season won't count for next seasons CL. So whatever we do this season pot 3 or 4 is our best hope next season.

What rule changes? Group 1 is the winners + champions - there's been no announcement of that changing.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

What rule changes? Group 1 is the winners + champions - there's been no announcement of that changing.

A link in one of the champions league threads explains it. Something to do with the big clubs getting scared. They don't think clubs like ours are worthy.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

A link in one of the champions league threads explains it. Something to do with the big clubs getting scared. They don't think clubs like ours are worthy.

Assuming you're referring to this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3787806/Europe-s-elite-shafting-poor-enjoy-Leicester-City-can.html

It's not next season, it's the season after. It's changing how the coefficients are calculated and how the money is dished out, not the seeding criteria.

5 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

Tim Sherwood reckons the last tournament was drinkwaters last chance to get in an england tournament team

Failed manager makes quote about a player and job that has fvck all to do with him. I bet as a pundit he would have had us down for relegation last season and villa to stay up lollollol

On 16 August 2016 at 22:23, StanSP said:

They've not played in the Premier League since 1999. They have no leg to stand on.

It was a real privilege to be there for their last game in the prem. They were not happy at all. The funny thing was they all genuinely thought that day that MON was going to resign to go and join them in the championship!

6 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

Tim Sherwood reckons the last tournament was drinkwaters last chance to get in an england tournament team

That would be the Tim Sherwood who is currently unemployed and reduced to pimping himself on the TV because he is a bellend diamond geezer.

The 'quality' of sides they beat is not relative at all. They won the biggest European competition at the time, something we are not likely to achieve. However, i'd much rather be alive and well during our clubs most successful period, than listen to Grandad telling us about the 'glory days'. Todays average Forest fan, has, and will never likely, experienced what we did last season. In fact, neither will over 99% of other English clubs (Or David Nugent :P).

13 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Assuming you're referring to this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3787806/Europe-s-elite-shafting-poor-enjoy-Leicester-City-can.html

It's not next season, it's the season after. It's changing how the coefficients are calculated and how the money is dished out, not the seeding criteria.

They have dicked around with the coefficients to get the big teams more not give them a better chance of winning. Sums up the mentality of modern football.

Re: Forest's Eurpean cup win, who really cares about the comparison? They won the highest club honour in Europe in consecutive seasons this was before I was even born. I have no way to judge or compare as it was a completely different era. Trying to belittle it is just as bad as people saying we won a weak league last season. So what, you enter a tournament, you win it, nothing else matters.

• Like 1

Forest did win the European Cup twice I remember it well as I was in the Army in Germany at the time.  They say you can only beat the teams that are put in front of you and credit to them they did.

However, you must remember the competition in those days was totally different to todays format.  It was more or less a straight knockout similar to the fa cup competition.  Forest did get very favourable draws.  We mustn't forget either in Trevor Francis they had the most expensive player in football at the time, yes, a million pounds the record transfer at the time.

As I said they won it twice so fair play but you cannot compare their two wins with how the competition is run today.  Brian Clough was an outstanding manager, should have been an England manager but didn't get the job because he was too outspoken.

On 18/09/2016 at 13:25, Out Foxed said:

If that doesn't lead to a glittering international career for Drinkwater then I don't know what does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Drinkwater not being one of the first names on the team sheet for England says more about Sam Allardyce then it does about Danny, the word incompetent springs to mind.

It says more about the FA. I can't believe after his and Hodgson's comments on Drinkwater that both of them would leave him out. If he showed the form he has for us for Man Utd then people would be saying he's our best midfielder and there'd not even be a debate about him being in the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

It says more about the FA. I can't believe after his and Hodgson's comments on Drinkwater that both of them would leave him out. If he showed the form he has for us for Man Utd then people would be saying he's our best midfielder and there'd not even be a debate about him being in the team. 

I personally think its more to do with Allardyce picking players to please a majority of the fans and whether we like it or not Man United and Liverpool have more fans who also support England then we do and the London media would skin Sam alive if he picked Danny over a Spurs or Arsenal player. Its about bias motivated by fear of being booed out of a job.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's a picture of a goat isn't it?

GOAT = greatest of all time.

Perhaps just referencing our achievement as being the "greatest of all time".

yeah its a goat and really? i had no idea it had that meaning at all