Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Tottenham are an overrated side. They're a good team but overrated. I agree with the previous poster that I generally judge a team by how much I'm shitting myself when they attack.  I felt comfortable yesterday against Tottenham  Even when I saw they added 5 extra minutes of stoppage time I still felt comfortable they wouldn't score. 

We've played this lot 8 times in less than 2 years. We're both sick of each other as it without adding the drama of last season into it.  I just bloody hope we don't get them in the FA Cup again. 

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Precisely that. Players like Alli and Kane are over-hyped because they play for Spurs. Good talents, but completely embarrassing to say "world beaters" or some of the other nonsense I read about them.

Those two, especially Alli, are the ultimate modern footballer, a product of the 6 second vine highlight and the YouTube montage. Alli does nothing for weeks, but then pulls out a bit of world class skill that gets played over and over, and from that gets built up as something special.

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Football wasn't invented in 1992.

correct and we will never have a football league division one title. With it being the pinnacle and not the third tier.

But we sure as hell have a prem title and they don't.

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We don't consider them rivals.

We consider them bottlers.

Exactly my thoughts. Technically they are a great side with some very very good players. However, they share the same affliction as their fellow north Londoners - they have no mental strength and Its why they both keep talking it up..they know they are fragile and they know they cant cope when things go against them. Its very easy to look great when everything is going your way

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

correct and we will never have a football league division one title. With it being the pinnacle and not the third tier.

But we sure as hell have a prem title and they don't.

I thought we technically won that trophy the other year? 

16 minutes ago, Phube said:

I thought we technically won that trophy the other year? 

Yes we did :)

The football league division 1 is now the championship, it's the top tier in the football league. so technically we have won that, and as you say, it's the same trophy. 

We know football wasn't invented in 1992 but it is still correct to say that we have won the premier league and spurs haven't! nor have Liverpool,  Everton etc etc

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes we did :)

The football league division 1 is now the championship, it's the top tier in the football league. so technically we have won that, and as you say, it's the same trophy. 

We know football wasn't invented in 1992 but it is still correct to say that we have won the premier league and spurs haven't! nor have Liverpool,  Everton etc etc

Technically correct or not, it's still a small-time as fvck thing to say.

Edited by Voll Blau

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Sick of hearing we're the worst ever defending champions. We were 5000-1 champions for Christs sske

I agree, but lets see where we are at the end of the season. Its a complete irrelevance where we are after 10 games with regards how well we have done as defending champions

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are getting all the difficult away fixtures out the way, I think top six is on and we certainly have the quality to do it 

I'm quietly confident of top six but I'm sure we can hit top 8

They played lovely football at times last season and kept going as many teams fell away. They have however got this belief they have a God given right to be a top 4 club something they haven't achieved on a regular basis. They can bleat all they like about possession stats but it is what you do with it that matters, they can claim how lucky we were last season yet forget the huge amount of luck they had from refs who ignored some of the nastier side of their play and the performance at Chelsea when it fell apart was disgusting and must rank as one of  the dirtiest performances in recent history and a stronger ref could have shown Spurs enough red cards to have abandoned the game.

You have got to take your hat off to the constant comments about how we could possibly be happy with last season and the way we played, we won the league ffs something no Leicester fan could have dreamed of ask any City fan if they would have swapped our season for theirs or even better asking any other teams fans  whose season they would rather have had last season

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

They played lovely football at times last season and kept going as many teams fell away. They have however got this belief they have a God given right to be a top 4 club something they haven't achieved on a regular basis. They can bleat all they like about possession stats but it is what you do with it that matters, they can claim how lucky we were last season yet forget the huge amount of luck they had from refs who ignored some of the nastier side of their play and the performance at Chelsea when it fell apart was disgusting and must rank as one of  the dirtiest performances in recent history and a stronger ref could have shown Spurs enough red cards to have abandoned the game.

You have got to take your hat off to the constant comments about how we could possibly be happy with last season and the way we played, we won the league ffs something no Leicester fan could have dreamed of ask any City fan if they would have swapped our season for theirs or even better asking any other teams fans  whose season they would rather have had last season

Giving we won the league I wouldn't even swap the last 20 seasons for theirs, they think  they are a huge club but when was the last time they held any kind of trophy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Tottenham are an overrated side. They're a good team but overrated. I agree with the previous poster that I generally judge a team by how much I'm shitting myself when they attack.  I felt comfortable yesterday against Tottenham  Even when I saw they added 5 extra minutes of stoppage time I still felt comfortable they wouldn't score. 

We've played this lot 8 times in less than 2 years. We're both sick of each other as it without adding the drama of last season into it.  I just bloody hope we don't get them in the FA Cup again. 

They're like this every time we play them as well. They are good, full of energy and will have a go at you, but I think they're actually quite predictable. They will rack up the shots but they won't really have that many clear cut chances. It's what made me laugh about them supposedly dominating us last year, they had one good chance to my memory, we had one, they missed theirs, we scored ours.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

There is no rivalry, we were just interested because they were the closest team to us in the title race for a while. If West Ham or Everton had been involved they'd have got the same.

I just can't believe either of those fanbases would be as bad as that in that situation.

22 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

They're like this every time we play them as well. They are good, full of energy and will have a go at you, but I think they're actually quite predictable. They will rack up the shots but they won't really have that many clear cut chances. It's what made me laugh about them supposedly dominating us last year, they had one good chance to my memory, we had one, they missed theirs, we scored ours.

I just can't believe either of those fanbases would be as bad as that in that situation.

I have a feeling West Ham could be

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Koke said:

They did hit the bar twice tbf and we scored with our only shot on target. On balance Spurs slightly edged it but they weren't far better than us as they would like to believe. We controlled the pace of the game and we controlled the emotion of the game.

And the ref gave them a pen which wasn't, whereas we scored a legitimate goal. I'd say it was pretty even!

56 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Giving we won the league I wouldn't even swap the last 20 seasons for theirs, they think  they are a huge club but when was the last time they held any kind of trophy. 

Agreed, and whether they like it or not they're powder puff upfront without Kane.

...and this season I guarantee they won't finish as high as they did last. Sad really if I wasn't pi$$ing myself laughing.

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I wouldn't swap the last 25 seasons with them. Football is about winning trophies and in the last quarter of a century they've won the grand total of two League Cups, that's the same as we'd managed until our title win, and they've been in the premier league that whole time. They've not even reached an FA Cup final. For the money they've spent, their location and their consistency of staying in the top league their trophy return (and their CL qualification) is really poor. They try and portray themselves as an ambitious club, but they look more like they're treading water.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Football wasn't invented in 1992.

It might as well have been to be honest. You sit and watch video from even early premiership years and the game is practically unrecognisable.

Titles won decades ago, let alone generations ago, are pretty much irrelevant when discussing modern football.

• Like 1