Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

lol I love the way they think that we think we consider them our rivals.

Today was the opportunity to give it back after all of the "The bubble will burst" and "We're coming for you" shite. Which we duly did.

As of now Spurs go back to being completely irrelevant in my mind.

• Like 3

They are obsessed with us. Olbsessed with how we play and they think our players are dirty bastards who use shithousing tactics. We only think about them twice a year unless we also  play them in the cup. 

Irrelevant club with a fan base who's got ideas that don't match their trophy cabinet. At least we know our standing in English football.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

bringing up achievements dating 100 years ago wont cancel out the fact they came third in a two horse race :D

The trophy cabinet argument is such a lame one - it's about to reach Nottingham Forest proportions! lol

The more they bang on about it, the more ridiculous and void it becomes.

It's also highly amusing how quick they are to pull those stats or achievements - it's as if it's all been prepared just in case things don't work out they way they want them to.

Fvck me, ten games and the only team still unbeaten in the league and they moan as if they've just avoided relegation.

I'll generally judge how good a side was on how much I'm shitting myself when they attack us. I wasn't that worried by them if I'm honest. I didn't think they were all that. People have a very blinkered view when it comes to Spurs in general, a lot of delusional nonsense written about their side time and time again. Probably the biggest media darling club of the lot (between them and Liverpool). I thought Southampton were better against us than Spurs were today, I thought Man Utd were better against us, Liverpool were better against us, Chelsea were better against us. Spurs were good but they are irritatingly over-rated.

• Like 1

They're from lunnun innit.

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'll generally judge how good a side was on how much I'm shitting myself when they attack us. I wasn't that worried by them if I'm honest. I didn't think they were all that. People have a very blinkered view when it comes to Spurs in general, a lot of delusional nonsense written about their side time and time again. Probably the biggest media darling club of the lot (between them and Liverpool). I thought Southampton were better against us than Spurs were today, I thought Man Utd were better against us, Liverpool were better against us, Chelsea were better against us. Spurs were good but they are irritatingly over-rated.

They're from London innit? But we were better against them than those other clubs. Bloody hell we have had a horrible run of away games before CL matches.

i really don't know why Spurs think they're going to win anything, they've constantly finished behind their bitter rivals Arsenal (most laughably last season) and have rarely finished in the top four, a lot of their fans are delusional, considering themselves to be this great footballing side, they live in cloud cuckoo land, when in reality a nice little cup run or a place in the Europa league would be a successful season for them.

They're media darlings. They tick a lot of the boxes of what most people supposedly want to see. Therefore they get overhyped to the point they believe they're a lot better than they are.

They are a good team with a lot about them, but they are showing exactly the same frailties as last season. I will be absolutely amazed if they win the league.

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Precisely that. Players like Alli and Kane are over-hyped because they play for Spurs. Good talents, but completely embarrassing to say "world beaters" or some of the other nonsense I read about them.

Exactly , they're good players, no doubting that, but Shearer nailed it on MOTD, Aguero is the only world class player in this league.

Spurs fans believe they've  got at least 3.

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

I agree but it's a bit of a farce that Kane didn't get shortlisted for the Ballon'dor and Vardy did. You can wear the bluest of blue tinted specs but you have to admit that's a bit wrong. Just like you can't fluke winning the league after 38 games, you can't fluke bring the top scorer either. 

Definitely. You could make a case for 30 other players to be on the list though (Kante, Sanchez) and wonder why half the list is there. 

Traditionally, it's cut down to 3. I guarantee it's 3 from Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Suarez. So why even bother? 

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Definitely. You could make a case for 30 other players to be on the list though (Kante, Sanchez) and wonder why half the list is there. 

Traditionally, it's cut down to 3. I guarantee it's 3 from Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Suarez. So why even bother? 

Exactly! Bloody Godin gets on the list every year and hasn't been relevant for the last 4 or 5 seasons. They have to make the numbers up on the list, I get it, but at least put some credible names on there.

like you say a 3 horse race every year so nothing to get too excited about. Still appreciate Leicester names being put up in lights though.

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Manini said:

I agree but it's a bit of a farce that Kane didn't get shortlisted for the Ballon'dor and Vardy did. You can wear the bluest of blue tinted specs but you have to admit that's a bit wrong. Just like you can't fluke winning the league after 38 games, you can't fluke bring the top scorer either. 

I honestly think Vardy had the better season in terms of performance.

31 minutes ago, Manini said:

Exactly! Bloody Godin gets on the list every year and hasn't been relevant for the last 4 or 5 seasons. They have to make the numbers up on the list, I get it, but at least put some credible names on there.

like you say a 3 horse race every year so nothing to get too excited about. Still appreciate Leicester names being put up in lights though.

Nah not having that. He's unreal.

Vardy was better than Kane last season. Broke the PL record, optimized what we were about, helped defy 5000/1 odds, workrate , fought for every ball, created chances and opportunity for his team mates aswell as himself.

Compare that to Kane's performances. Your typical greedy striker, playing for himself & shooting from any angle when there were players in better positions.

Edited by foxes21

20 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Vardy was better than Kane last season. Broke the PL record, optimized what we were about, helped defy 5000/1 odds, workrate , fought for every ball, created chances and opportunity for his team mates aswell as himself.

Compare that to Kane's performances. Your typical greedy striker, playing for himself & shooting from any angle when there were players in better positions.

Completely get what you're saying but does Kane deserve to miss out when Lloris is on the list? 

It's all subjective, but b0ll0cks.

We know who'll in it.

Incredible of see 2 of our players there though.

Edited by tom27111

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

A 3-horse race? Spurs are guaranteed to come 4th.........

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Vast majority of the list either won a major trophy or got to the final of a major competition. I haven't checked but i bet they're all either domestic league winners, continental cup winners or finalists, or international cup winners or finalist. Kane achieved none of this.

Didn't Kane only have 1 assist? Vardy like 5? Plus a couple penalties won that Mahrez took.

Vardy had one less goal, broke a record, and helped "little Leicester" win the league. Easy decision between the two.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Didn't Kane only have 1 assist? Vardy like 5? Plus a couple penalties won that Mahrez took.

Vardy had one less goal, broke a record, and helped "little Leicester" win the league. Easy decision between the two.

Yup, plus Kane played a couple more games aswell.