Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

29 minutes ago, Livid said:

Lol, Sheffield United were vaguely relevant in about 2004 or something, now just an afterthought to Wednesday who are hardly world-beaters themselves.

A lot of talk of perspective from the blades there and they do have a point. When we were languishing we'd look at a Stoke or Swansea in the top half of the Premier league with unbelievable envy. Now we've gone a whole lot better than those, some of us may have lost our heads a bit.

• Like 4

Think i'd be abit bitter like them if I watched my team choke year after year, languishing in League One.

I really enjoyed our season in League One, but it's alright for 1 season, wouldn't have wanted to be down there any longer than that!

Sorry if that sound bigheaded or head up my own arse, but every season you think blimey, Sheff Utd, they've gotta come up this season, then as the season progresses you realise, nope, they're still shit. As a person who bets on the football they're certainly a team i've come to avoid betting on.

Don't see how anyone can disagree that talking about binning Ranieri the season after we've achieved the most remarkable title win in English football - maybe even global football - history, when we're still very much in the CL and, given the matches we've lost, it's hardly like it's a sensible claim that we're looking at a struggle to stay up is anything other than short-sighted arrogance.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Livid said:

They're right. That thread was an embarrassment. Some of the comments were shocking. 

I also agree with one of them who said Pearson is our Warnock. Most people love him but many think he's a bellend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Livid said:

All five of their fans are raging and taking a small sample base of idiots as indicative of our whole fanbase.

The least likeable side in Yorkshire, never liked them - helmets.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:42, Livid said:

Incredible how they've managed to miss the fact that half of that thread was about us taking the piss.

Of course this season's start was shit, but stuff like "Bring back Pearson" was obviously a joke lol 

• Like 2

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 13:42, Livid said:

The pigs are the ****** of Yorkshire. They even talk like they have a right to be in the prem. When in my life they have spent more time in the third tier and lower lollollol Rather have a day out at Hillsborough just driving down sty lane is enough let alone going in. Oh and they expect you to pay.

On 10/26/2016 at 06:56, AKCJ said:

Of course this season's start was shit, but stuff like "Bring back Pearson" was obviously a joke lol 

Did strike a thought in me though. I wonder, if he had still been our manager for our title winning season, how he would have handled the after match press interviews? Would they have been as entertaining as the year before or even as entertaining as Claudio's?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3885454/Tottenham-stay-unbeaten-Leicester-draw-title-rivals-brushed-Foxes-aside-Mauricio-Pochettino-needs-Harry-Kane-fit-quickly-possible.html

They were comfortably better than the champions at White Hart Lane on Saturday but this proved to be a fifth successive game without a win.

Mail's sports coverage is normally sound, but that comment is nonsense. We deserved a draw and were playing aginst 12 men. To suggest we were 'brushed aside' by the other sides and not Spurs ignores the fact that we are capable of playing better and improving, which we did today.

They did hit the bar twice tbf and we scored with our only shot on target. On balance Spurs slightly edged it but they weren't far better than us as they would like to believe. We controlled the pace of the game and we controlled the emotion of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3885454/Tottenham-stay-unbeaten-Leicester-draw-title-rivals-brushed-Foxes-aside-Mauricio-Pochettino-needs-Harry-Kane-fit-quickly-possible.html

They were comfortably better than the champions at White Hart Lane on Saturday but this proved to be a fifth successive game without a win.

Mail's sports coverage is normally sound, but that comment is nonsense. We deserved a draw and were playing aginst 12 men. To suggest we were 'brushed aside' by the other sides and not Spurs ignores the fact that we are capable of playing better and improving, which we did today.

The article seems a little self-obsessed and a little contradictory. 

It sounds like the writer was affected by the third in a two horse race chant.

talks a little about how under par tottenhams midfield were and how good leicesters defence were and made and about lacking Harry Kane.

You in fact get very little information about the match at all from that article.

oh well probably more spurs sympathisers realising they just aren't good enough.