Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Comments section of today's game:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37465186

Whilst comments about today's game being boring and how we'll probably finish mid table are fair, I love the claims of last season being a 'fluke'.... First of all, how can you fluke a whole season? One game, maybe but a whole season?

Secondly, a fluke denotes that it was somehow lucky, when last season wasn't.

An amazingly deluded Arsenal fan rambles on about some injustice yesterday but closes with this:

"Not to mention that the referees owe at least one title to Arsenal (yes, I'm talking about last season, and 2013-14, and 2007-08)."

https://discussion.theguardian.com/comment-permalink/84526885

Actually demented. 

16 hours ago, dominicmsb said:

Don't know if anyone is interested but I'll post it anyway. Some comments on Fuchs retiring and stuff.

Ten seconds of him referencing Fuchs didn't give too much away was hardly worth watching a six minute video 

40 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Why bother sharing this link, for those that haven't clicked on it just don't, it is an awful piece of bitterness. I just don't understand why we give this kind of crap the oxygen of publicity by spreading it on here.

24 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Why bother sharing this link, for those that haven't clicked on it just don't, it is an awful piece of bitterness. I just don't understand why we give this kind of crap the oxygen of publicity by spreading it on here.

Hopefully it's because we don't do censorship, although I took your advice and didn't click on it :)

59 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It's a thoroughly enjoyable read, in my eyes. I like the fact that Spurs fans are still so cut up about not being able to catch us that they are writing pieces like this.

It's like when we won it last season; once watching the highlights got a bit tiresome, I spent some time online reading their comments. I think they genuinely believed they were the best side in the league, until they started playing like Grimsby. 

• Like 3

It should be noted that the one and only time Spurs were above us last season was the weekend of the 26th September before the impression is given that we clung on to them and pulled them back towards the end.

Yes, we didn't have major injuries. Yes, the top sides not playing so well probably helped. But, we just were better than you virtually all season, despite you having a better team, manager, squad etc. I'd question why you weren't that close to us in the end instead of mocking a title winner.

Edited by Corky
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NZ_Foxile said:

That's a really poor article, very badly written.

I guess anyone can claim to be a "journalist" today

Oh and I think this is him, Man City fan

https://twitter.com/mediashaneburns 

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Hopefully it's because we don't do censorship, although I took your advice and didn't click on it :)

Not trying to censor anything, but crap like that article thrive off clicks, posting the link just sends traffic his way and he most likely gets paid per click, or at least a bonus.

21 hours ago, Captain... said:

Why bother coming in this thread then. After all you are in the Do they mean us thread. You know the one to put comments about us in from other fans pundits and journalists.

Mods is it possible to delete all anti LCFC comments in this thread please lollollol

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Why bother coming in this thread then. After all you are in the Do they mean us thread. You know the one to put comments about us in from other fans pundits and journalists.

Mods is it possible to delete all anti LCFC comments in this thread please lollollol

Because there are fan comments, as fan comments, pundits and proper journalists have valid opinions.

This is just click bait driven bollox that is singularly designed to attract outraged football fans. I am happy to read informed negative opinions.

I would also in cases like this copy and paste the article so he doesn't get the revenue from the traffic generated by posting a link on here.

• Like 2

Just now, Danizen said:

I know we have been written off by the media and lot of times over the past few years but...on this occasion they might be right. 

So we have been written off as title contenders many times in the recent past?

I don't recall such coverage happening.

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So we have been written off as title contenders many times in the recent past?

I don't recall such coverage happening.

I mean written off in general. Everyone was expecting Wigan, QPR and Reading to dominate the Championship. We wasn't taken seriously until January. The next season we were written off again by November/December time. And pretty much all of last season we were written off as serious contenders.

I'm saying they have a point, this time.

42 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I know we have been written off by the media and lot of times over the past few years but...on this occasion they might be right. 

goes without saying that they "might  be right"

you forgot to say that they "might be wrong"

Edited by treer

36 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I mean written off in general. Everyone was expecting Wigan, QPR and Reading to dominate the Championship. We wasn't taken seriously until January. The next season we were written off again by November/December time. And pretty much all of last season we were written off as serious contenders.

I'm saying they have a point, this time.

Yeah, but that was in a different context. There's being hailed as title contenders (by the so-called "experts") before the season has even started yet or only a few games into the new season, and then there's the other situation when you're approaching the second half of the season, sitting atop of the table and pretty much every paper and pundit wants you to fail.