Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Which is worse. People believing a click bait headline. Or, an actually person writing an article about a click bait headline from another article. Is no one interested in reading the actually article. And I saw some spurs fans slating him in their subreddit. But, some of them  quickly pointed out that the headline was click bait. And the same with r/soccer. 

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Well lets hope CR and the players read it

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Deeney on Leicester:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38203519

Cant really argue with most of it unfortunately...

Really interesting must read. Echoes much (most?), at least with regard to the way we are set up and play, of what many posters on here think are the problems. I am at a real loss as to why Claudio, albeit injuries excepted, can't seem to see it and adjust.

28 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

Quite impressed with that write up actually. A better assessment and much more articulate than most pundits.

So we all knew it but as a quality opponent Deeney has spelt it out. Please someone email it to CR. Or can someone pin Deeney down to find out what he would do to fix it.

If his fix seems like it could work make him player manager.

I do hope the premier league don't read it though else our title will be taken away. Even Deeney thought Kante was two players. If they do an in play head count they may find we had 12 on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wish we signed Deeney. The thing about so many changes is true, but with so many players out of form it is inevitable that Ranieri change it up. If only we had depth in defence and we'd make even more. 

With so any overseas players coming in with no time to settle it was going to be hard. Afcon players going in January to make it harder. And looks like we are after another. If they all stay and qualify for the next Afcon we won't have a team left.

But Deeney is not worth 15m lol as lots on here claimed. Slimming is far better they claimed. Now how many say Slim is not worth what we paid.

We need to buy prem players in January not future players and unproven players. Going down will ruin us.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

But Deeney is not worth 15m lol as lots on here claimed. Slimming is far better they claimed. Now how many say Slim is not worth what we paid.

Wasn't it 30m we were bidding in the end? Does seem a lot but would have paid off. I think we were all snobs in the Summer, wanting top foreign lads and in hindsight, better options.

We could have got Slim for a lot less but left it until the last minute. I still think he was a good buy. 

Edited by lgfualol

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wasn't it 30m we were bidding in the end? Does seem a lot but would have paid off. I think we were all snobs in the Summer, wanting top foreign lads and in hindsight, better options.

We could have got Slim for a lot less but left it until the last minute. I still think he was a good buy. 

We may have bid 30m for Deeney but people on here claimed 15m was to much.

I still don't think some have go there heads around the money thing.

If we finish bottom this season we will earn as much from Sky as we did for winning the league. That means any player you want is going to cost a damn site more if his club don't want to sell. What was 2m is the new 10m.

Ruthless Ranieri is no Mr. Nice Guy – and Leicester’s manager has proved it again

Claudio Ranieri

The Italian was adored last season for his affable personality with media and players alike – but, writes FFT’s Joe Brewin from the Estadio do Dragao, his intolerant streak is emerging again in a tough campaign for Leicester

Don’t be fooled by the persona – Claudio Ranieri is a brutal old chap when he wants to be.

Leicester might have made it through to the Champions League last 16 as group winners before they’d even kicked a ball against Porto at the Estadio do Dragao, but Foxes fans weren’t expecting to see this game as a declaration of war from their manager.

Six first-team players had been left at home for the trip to Portugal with an eye on improving domestic form; Kasper Schmeichel, Robert Huth, Andy King, Riyad Mahrez, Islam Slimani and Jamie Vardy had their feet up for the dreadful 5-0 defeat to Porto on Wednesday night.

Leicester might have made it through to the Champions League last 16, but Foxes fans weren’t expecting to see this game as a declaration of war from their manager

Do one, Ron

But that wasn’t really the story – resting with the league in mind was unsurprising. Yet after a dismal start to their Premier League title defence – just three wins from their first 14 matches of the campaign – Leicester were surely hoping to see this game as a potential catalyst for improved Premier League form. At the very least it was a chance for their fringe men to offer up solutions, or even just get fit – central midfielder Nampalys Mendy, for example, made his first appearance since August 20 after injury.

Ranieri, however, elected to deselect Ron-Robert Zieler in goal and instead pick Ben Hamer for his first Leicester appearance since January 2015. (Zieler, for what it’s worth, hadn’t even missed a Bundesliga minute for over five years at Hannover before signing for the East Midlands side this summer.) The Italian suggested post-match that it was nothing more than giving his squad members valuable game time, but Ranieri was visibly dismayed by those he'd entrusted to impress him on the night.

Ron-Robert Zieler

Zieler has hardly inspired for Leicester, but his snub was brutal

Danny Simpson, meanwhile – who’d performed Leicester’s pre-match press conference duties – was left out of the starting line-up for the fourth time in six Champions League games. The former Manchester United youth graduate is far from the Foxes’ best player, but he was a virtual ever-present in Ranieri’s team that won the title last season and has surely warranted more than his limited European minutes to date. That a natural centre-back was again taking his place, and again struggled, must have grated.

Form for it

This isn’t the first time that Ranieri has played tough guy as Leicester manager, though – it’s just that, amid the success, his ruthlessness has largely gone unnoticed.

Gökhan Inler was expected to be a fulcrum of Leicester’s suspect-looking central midfield after joining from the latter last summer, but could barely get a kick

Take Gökhan Inler from last season as a case in point: the Swiss enforcer of former Udinese and Napoli fame was expected to be a fulcrum of Leicester’s suspect-looking central midfield after joining from the latter last summer, but could barely get a kick by the season’s end after N’Golo Kanté and Danny Drinkwater had proved immovable.

Inler had wanted to move on in January, but Ranieri refused to budge in case of injury. In the end the midfielder made only 12 appearances in all competitions and missed out on Switzerland’s Euro 2016 squad.

“I had several enquiries in January, but didn't leave as the manager said he was counting on me,” Inler huffed in March. “But there have been no more games for me since then. It makes me sick, and the stupid thing for me is that I have the Euro 2016 finals with Switzerland this summer.

“I’m in a critical situation. I usually speak diplomatically, but I have to face up to why things are the way they are. There is no point in me trying to sugarcoat the situation.”

Ben Hamer, Porto 5-0 Leicester

Hamer's return to first-team action was unhappy

Inler, to his credit, had generally remained patient as Leicester’s biggest loser from 2015/16 – he was at Jamie Vardy’s house celebrating the title with his team-mates, and certainly wasn’t a disruptive influence at Belvoir Drive – but it was no surprise when he left for Besiktas in the summer.  

He wasn’t the only loser, per se: Ranieri was steadfast in his refusal to play record signing Andrej Kramaric despite a relatively promising debut campaign, made Shinji Okazaki play second fiddle for the good of his team, and only brought Jeff Schlupp, Demarai Gray and Leo Ulloa off the bench to shore up games.

There was nothing wrong with that – after all, that strong management helped his team win the league – but despite Leicester’s struggles this season it’s largely been the same: Gray, for all his impressive efforts as a substitute, still can’t nail down a first-team place, while Schlupp is allegedly eyeing a move to West Brom in January. New signing Bartosz Kapustka, an admittedly-young but £7.5m summer capture who was part of Poland’s Euro 2016 squad, hasn’t yet kicked a ball for Leicester’s first team (“I don't know when he will be ready to play in the Premier League,” said the Italian recently, and very much unconvincingly, amid Telegraph reports that Foxes scouts had never actually watched the player live before signing him.)

Andre Silva goal, Porto 5-0 Leicester

Portugal hotshot Andre Silva grabbed two goals against the Foxes

Calm it, Claudio

Worryingly for Leicester, these are cracks that last season can’t repair. The reasons for this season’s collapse are manifold – FFT touched on them a couple of weeks ago – and Ranieri has a sizeable task on his hands convincing his squad that, yes, last season really did happen. Kanté aside, these are the same players at his disposal.

The 5-0 defeat to Porto was hardly unexpected given the second-string line-up, but most frustratingly for the Italian it didn’t prove that his deeper squad members are ready to step in and help the Foxes escape their current predicament.

Ranieri now faces his biggest challenge yet as Leicester manager: getting them out of a rut. First he must find a starting XI that resembles something like last season’s crop, then establish a harmony among those who feel they can do better. With the current fragmentation, there will surely be many in the latter category.

Ranieri made his statements in Porto by leaving key men at home and benching those he felt let down by, but now it’s time for the Italian to campaign for the major thing he didn’t need to last season: togetherness. A five-goal humping in Portugal won’t define Leicester’s season, but their manager’s next moves just might.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ruthless-ranieri-no-mr-nice-guy-and-leicesters-manager-has-proved-it-again?utm_m_medium=t&utm_source=Facebook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Ranieri made his statements in Porto by leaving key men at home and benching those he felt let down by, but now it’s time for the Italian to campaign for the major thing he didn’t need to last season: togetherness. A five-goal humping in Portugal won’t define Leicester’s season, but their manager’s next moves just might.

jesus christ.