Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I do find it baffling, singing it to fans of teams that have won the league obviously makes no sense.

Singing it to fans of smaller clubs that were all backing us last year just seems weird as well.

It's like winning the lottery and having everyone at your local congratulating you. Then heading off for a 2 month cruise and upon your return, walking back into your local and smugly rubbing in the fact you've got more money than all of them.

Your analogy would have a few cvnts. But a little different. We need to add prem to sing it.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I do find it baffling, singing it to fans of teams that have won the league obviously makes no sense.

Singing it to fans of smaller clubs that were all backing us last year just seems weird as well.

It's like winning the lottery and having everyone at your local congratulating you. Then heading off for a 2 month cruise and upon your return, walking back into your local and smugly rubbing in the fact you've got more money than all of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Is what most individuals in that situation would actually say though. That's basic English.

What? We are the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

On a serious note self promotion in a parody and exaggerated is accepted in football. If you go after another teams credentials your facts have to be in order or they will be quick to shoot you down. 

Anyway this is a stupid argument, nearly as stupid as the chant. As I've said before people will sing it and that's their prerogative I just guarantee you anyone who has won the league will chant straight back how many times they've won it.

Fair enough, as you say it's a stupid argument.

At least we do have a variety to our chants these days which is something, I suppose.

i do miss the' eee I eee I o, up the football league we go' chant though.

and molly malone

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Jordon Veretout - "I should have chosen based on the manager" - Aston Villa midfielder reveals Leicester City mistake, but doesn't regret it.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-chosen-based-manager-aston-villa-midfielder-reveals-leicester-city-mistake-doesnt-regret/

Doesn't regret it :crylaugh:

... but we got N'Golo instead. Funneh how things work out :P

16 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Fair enough, as you say it's a stupid argument.

At least we do have a variety to our chants these days which is something, I suppose.

i do miss the' eee I eee I o, up the football league we go' chant though.

and molly malone

EIEIO is one of my favourites too, singing that will be a silver lining when/if we are shit again.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that we've lost to Watford, who claim that we're both bitter rivals after 'Deeney Day' (cringe), and the above was the only post over the weekend on this thread just goes to how irrelevant they are. 

Having said that, they are better than our premier league team on current form!