Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Tottenham have been champions of England in the past, that's a matter of fact. Same with Burnley and whoever else we wrongly decide to sing that too this season. Singing anything that suggests otherwise makes our supporters look like utter morons.

I said this when L block sang it to Burnley the other month, rightly so they gave it back that they'd won it twice, yes a long time ago but it's still titles.

You can only sing it to teams that have never won it?

10 hours ago, C-man said:

Sad to think our title win will be irrelevant by 2040.

It won't become irrelevant because it will stand out in the generation when people look at the winners around this time but to me it will always be special because I never thought or expected it would happen. I won't become a fan who suddenly believes we're massive or have a divine right to anything, I hope we continue to progress but I want us to retain the status we've given ourselves as an underdog capable of the occasional stunning achievement instead of having some mythical belief we should be at the top forever because we've won it once or twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

I said this when L block sang it to Burnley the other month, rightly so they gave it back that they'd won it twice, yes a long time ago but it's still titles.

You can only sing it to teams that have never won it?

Watford, Southampton, Bournemouth, Palace, Middlesbrough, West Ham, Stoke, Hull, Swansea this season.

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Maybe we should change the song to "Premier League Champions, you'll never say that"

Again, anyone who sang that to, say, Liverpool, would rightly have the piss ripped out of them.

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Again, anyone who sang that to, say, Liverpool, would rightly have the piss ripped out of them.

Not really, it's technically correct and the chant is all about taking the piss. If they don't like it,too bad.

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

All I will say is do you ever hear anyone else singing "you'll never sing that" at fans of clubs who have already won it.

No, you don't.

Not the slightest bit interested in what other teams fans are singing tbh. 

I never realised all our chants are factually correct.

im off to Julian's council flat and after that I'm popping next door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Not the slightest bit interested in what other teams fans are singing tbh. 

I never realised all our chants are factually correct.

im off to Julian's council flat and after that I'm popping next door.

Great.

Well, I'll leave my argument be as everyone knows my thoughts on it by now. All I'll say is singing it in any variant to teams who actually have been champions at any point since 1888-89 doesn't make us look like pioneers of wit and piss-taking, it makes us look like thick twats in the eyes of everyone we sing it to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Great.

Well, I'll leave my argument be as everyone knows my thoughts on it by now. All I'll say is singing it in any variant to teams who actually have been champions at any point since 1888-89 doesn't make us look like pioneers of wit and piss-taking, it makes us look like thick twats in the eyes of everyone we sing it to.

You say it like it's fact.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? We're champions and i'm going to rub everyone's faces in it. I don't go to the football to make friends and sing happy songs about the opposition.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Great.

Bless.

i would suggest you care less about what people think mate and perhaps stop suggesting anybody who sings something you don't like or agree with is a thick twat.

you might be a bit young to remember 'tired and weary' now there's a chant that makes us look a bit daft. Absolutely none of it was true. But every week it was sung.

We are champions of England for the first time ever so il carry on singing about that rather than singing about other teams failures. 

Thats if it's ok with you. 

Wouldnt want you to feel stupid in front of your friends 

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You say it like it's fact.

Who cares what anyone else thinks? We're champions and i'm going to rub everyone's faces in it. I don't go to the football to make friends and sing happy songs about the opposition.

Nail meet head.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah they'll just taunt us with "Champions of Denmark, you'll never sing that" which will be sad cos I've always wanted us to win the Danish league.

Yeah but then we can come back with "Champion of Denmark, Amartey sings that" and the war is won.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I've said this elsewhere, I get the point but the point is wrong non the less.

If you walk up to a Spurs fan and say "you'll never win the league" a comment relating to the future not the past,  what do you think their snap, automatic response will be "we already have". 

If you put the word Again in somewhere, it probably holds some weight, but as that word is absent, it becomes a puerile and easy chant to respond to if your club has won the league.

"You'll never sing that"

"We already have"

Just makes us looks stupid. As with everything in life it's not how you mean to come across that matters it's how you actually do come across. 

Not at all mate, it comes down to basic English.

eg. I will never smoke a cigarette.

said the ex smoker of 50 a day.

the again isn't needed as it's not referring to the past.

anyway, I think your main point is how we are perceived by other fans and I really couldn't give a rats ass what they think.

in fact the more absurd chants lead to more annoyance to opposing fans the better it is. 

Whilst singing and it's Leicester city, Leicester city fc, we are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen!

do you see the opposing fans absolutely p1ssing themselves in fits of laughter? 

No, no you don't 

57 minutes ago, los dedos said:

No one mention the time we were bottom of the old div 2 singing "We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen"

barry hayles wasn't ever actually bigger than most grounds in league 1 either 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Not at all mate, it comes down to basic English.

eg. I will never smoke another cigarette.

said the ex smoker of 50 a day.

the again isn't needed as it's not referring to the past.

anyway, I think your main point is how we are perceived by other fans and I really couldn't give a rats ass what they think.

in fact the more absurd chants lead to more annoyance to opposing fans the better it is. 

Whilst singing and it's Leicester city, Leicester city fc, we are by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen!

do you see the opposing fans absolutely p1ssing themselves in fits of laughter? 

No, no you don't 

Is what most individuals in that situation would actually say though. That's basic English.

What? We are the greatest team the world has ever seen. 

On a serious note self promotion in a parody and exaggerated is accepted in football. If you go after another teams credentials your facts have to be in order or they will be quick to shoot you down. 

Anyway this is a stupid argument, nearly as stupid as the chant. As I've said before people will sing it and that's their prerogative I just guarantee you anyone who has won the league will chant straight back how many times they've won it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo