Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

15 hours ago, Corky said:

Andy Dunn wrote a good piece on Mahrez today about his situation and saying he shouldn't have signed the new contract and let the last one run down (would've expired last summer) if he didn't want to play for us long-term.

Sterling did just that at Liverpool. Didn't wanna be there so didn't sign a new deal. At least Sterling acted on his convictions.

16 hours ago, Corky said:

Andy Dunn wrote a good piece on Mahrez today about his situation and saying he shouldn't have signed the new contract and let the last one run down (would've expired last summer) if he didn't want to play for us long-term.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Mahrez signed an initial extension in the summer of 2015, he then signed another improved contract in the summer of 2016.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why do people feel the need to mention what we paid for him when it means the square root of feck all and doesn't dictate value.

Exactly. If someone offered £10m we'd have made a large profit on him, doesn't mean that's what he's worth.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Correct and he trebled his salary both times. They didnt think hed sign the first one but when he saw the cash he signed.

Neither did I.  Couldnt believe he signed a contract without a get out clause after we won the title.  Was shocked

But I hadnt realised he is such a maverick when it comes to adhering to terms of contract lol 

9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Largely because we're Leicester City

I've come to the conclusion that people (including many pundits and press) still hate us because of Ranieri and the knives are out when we do anything. Don't accept a low ball valuation? Leicester's fault. Lack of decent English coaches and daring to sack a manager out of his depth? Leicester's fault for ruining football.

34 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Neither did I.  Couldnt believe he signed a contract without a get out clause after we won the title.  Was shocked

But I hadnt realised he is such a maverick when it comes to adhering to terms of contract lol 

I've still got a lot of time for Mahrez signing that contract. In my naivety I was hoping our big three players would stay and with our super scout Steve Walsh we would buy another couple of players of our big three's level and kick on.

Once Kante left and then Steve Walsh it looked like we were going to be picked apart so when Mahrez signed it gave the club a lot of stability.

Some Liverpool cvnt fan on TalkSport phone in just now talking about John Moss and how he helped Leicester ‘fluke’ their way to the title a few seasons ago.

Pisses me off how others still think we fluked it despite winning it by TEN fvckin points. 

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've come to the conclusion that people (including many pundits and press) still hate us because of Ranieri and the knives are out when we do anything. Don't accept a low ball valuation? Leicester's fault. Lack of decent English coaches and daring to sack a manager out of his depth? Leicester's fault for ruining football.

Totally right but also despite the plaudits at the time I feel an undercurrent of anti Leicester at best because we had the audacity to upset the big boys.

Pundits and media are generally all associated with the 'big' clubs, it still hurts them

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Some Liverpool cvnt fan on TalkSport phone in just now talking about John Moss and how he helped Leicester ‘fluke’ their way to the title a few seasons ago.

Pisses me off how others still think we fluked it despite winning it by TEN fvckin points. 

Yeah Jon Moss loves doing us favours. lol

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

No other Champions have been patronised like we have. I wouldn't be able to say the same about Liverpool as Champions as that's barely happened in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Helped us by sending Vardy off?, talk shite triumphs yet again.....

Maybe I've missed something here....but has Vardy really got such a bad reputation as a 'diver'?

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/tottenham/did-a-vardy-fans-slate-tottenham-star-after-controversial-liverpool-antics/

This "Doing a Vardy" phrase may catch on, but if he blatantly dives so often, how come he hasn't been booked as often.

He's a target everytime he gets the ball and most times the only way to stop him at speed is to bring him down. 

6 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

Maybe I've missed something here....but has Vardy really got such a bad reputation as a 'diver'?

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/tottenham/did-a-vardy-fans-slate-tottenham-star-after-controversial-liverpool-antics/

This "Doing a Vardy" phrase may catch on, but if he blatantly dives so often, how come he hasn't been booked as often.

He's a target everytime he gets the ball and most times the only way to stop him at speed is to bring him down. 

The Vardy reputation is purely forged out of us winning the league. When we were catching teams out all the time he was clever at winning penos like that a few times, using pace and forcing the keeper to foul him, inviting him a bit, but at least mananging to manufacture contact with his pace.  Kane didnt even do that, just dived

Vardy doesnt win so many now because team's allow for his pace and those opportunities come less, its not like he was ever a terrible diver.  Jealousy has people slating him for that, like we get slated for everything since winning the Prem

Delle Ali, is the worst for it as far as I can see, 3 bookings for diving in a year!, but he plays for Spurs, so the media wont bang on about it

I think we see more media attention in general than the top 7 (& Everton) because the press and most pundits perceive that they know more about us. It’s likely Merson et al would struggle to name 5 or 6 regular starters for Burnley or Bournemouth but there’s more familiarity with us, they’d perhaps rein in strong criticism for other teams because they (correctly) believe they’re not really informed but with us two years of media scrutiny has a false sense of familiarity with us so they’re more likely to make the usual cliched throwaway remarks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The Vardy reputation is purely forged out of us winning the league. When we were catching teams out all the time he was clever at winning penos like that a few times, using pace and forcing the keeper to foul him, inviting him a bit, but at least mananging to manufacture contact with his pace.  Kane didnt even do that, just dived

Vardy doesnt win so many now because team's allow for his pace and those opportunities come less, its not like he was ever a terrible diver.  Jealousy has people slating him for that, like we get slated for everything since winning the Prem

Delle Ali, is the worst for it as far as I can see, 3 bookings for diving in a year!, but he plays for Spurs, so the media wont bang on about it

The league win is one thing but spurs having so many young England players compared to us makes them almost free of criticism.

Easier to have a go at Vardy, Simpson,Albrighton, etc.The latter don't have a reputation for diving but if they did you could be sure it would be a stick to beat us with.

The England international has always been somehting of a protected species.we should know from shearer and Lennon as far back in 98.

Jamie redknapp called them one of the most exciting teams in the world after the last game at home last season so the narrative on spurs isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1