Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The Vardy reputation is purely forged out of us winning the league. When we were catching teams out all the time he was clever at winning penos like that a few times, using pace and forcing the keeper to foul him, inviting him a bit, but at least mananging to manufacture contact with his pace.  Kane didnt even do that, just dived

Vardy doesnt win so many now because team's allow for his pace and those opportunities come less, its not like he was ever a terrible diver.  Jealousy has people slating him for that, like we get slated for everything since winning the Prem

Delle Ali, is the worst for it as far as I can see, 3 bookings for diving in a year!, but he plays for Spurs, so the media wont bang on about it

The thing is he may have been booked three times but the ****er does it every game.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why do people feel the need to mention what we paid for him when it means the square root of feck all and doesn't dictate value.

Harry Kane cost Spurs  £0 so I guess they should sell him for  £20m and stfu cos they've made 20m profit.

Logic. Fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Some Liverpool cvnt fan on TalkSport phone in just now talking about John Moss and how he helped Leicester ‘fluke’ their way to the title a few seasons ago.

Pisses me off how others still think we fluked it despite winning it by TEN fvckin points. 

Sending off your striker in a key match is some way of helping you.

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

The league win is one thing but spurs having so many young England players compared to us makes them almost free of criticism.

Easier to have a go at Vardy, Simpson,Albrighton, etc.The latter don't have a reputation for diving but if they did you could be sure it would be a stick to beat us with.

The England international has always been somehting of a protected species.we should know from shearer and Lennon as far back in 98.

Jamie redknapp called them one of the most exciting teams in the world after the last game at home last season so the narrative on spurs isn't likely to change anytime soon.

To give redknapp some credit I was watching a programme recently -can't remember what it was called maybe someone else saw it- it was about the 15/16 season, he said that us winning the league made it his favourite premier league season ever. 

4 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The Vardy reputation is purely forged out of us winning the league. When we were catching teams out all the time he was clever at winning penos like that a few times, using pace and forcing the keeper to foul him, inviting him a bit, but at least mananging to manufacture contact with his pace.  Kane didnt even do that, just dived

Vardy doesnt win so many now because team's allow for his pace and those opportunities come less, its not like he was ever a terrible diver.  Jealousy has people slating him for that, like we get slated for everything since winning the Prem

Delle Ali, is the worst for it as far as I can see, 3 bookings for diving in a year!, but he plays for Spurs, so the media wont bang on about it

I would have thought it was gained against man utd when we beat them 5-3 and because it narced their 500 million fans off.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

To give redknapp some credit I was watching a programme recently -can't remember what it was called maybe someone else saw it- it was about the 15/16 season, he said that us winning the league made it his favourite premier league season ever. 

Not a bad point that.

I wasn't saying Redknapp slated us or anything but that Spurs comment was just another favorable one without them winning much yet.

Even Kilnsman got a reputation for it back in the 90s. Not that Kane is at that level but it will be swept under the carpet by Sky.

The problem with all these articles like the one in the guardian last week and the Clattenburg comments on title winning night is that is takes from the reality of Spurs failings.

When we lost games like the 2 playoffs and the close defeats in 2014/15 no one had much sympathy for Leicester bar ourselves. It was no ones fault but our own. Even with the penalty decision in Madrid where we had genuine grounds for complaint we came to accept that we lost to a better side overall.

If Spurs don't win anything the favourable press will count for little.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Not a bad point that.

I wasn't saying Redknapp slated us or anything but that Spurs comment was just another favorable one without them winning much yet.

Even Kilnsman got a reputation for it back in the 90s. Not that Kane is at that level but it will be swept under the carpet by Sky.

The problem with all these articles like the one in the guardian last week and the Clattenburg comments on title winning night is that is takes from the reality of Spurs failings.

When we lost games like the 2 playoffs and the close defeats in 2014/15 no one had much sympathy for Leicester bar ourselves. It was no ones fault but our own. Even with the penalty decision in Madrid where we had genuine grounds for complaint we came to accept that we lost to a better side overall.

If Spurs don't win anything the favourable press will count for little.

half the sports writers working today are Spurs fans, pundits are full of ex Spurs player...

11 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I think Garth Crooks has only put Diabate in his team of the week so he can moan about Leicester's handling of the Mahrez saga.

How tragic then that Leicester's love affair with Mahrez has come to such a dramatic impasse. With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Mahrez gets his move to Manchester City, Manchester City get the player and Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him. 

Now they have a distraction that will dominate their every press conference until it is resolved. Well done, Leicester.

Utterly ridiculous that this man still earns coin as a football pundit.

He does have a back up plan...

..as a stunt double for Jabba the Hutt.

jabba.jpg.24191b6728cc0f21dd5d3f7d42dc34ab.jpgGC.jpg.50d0aabe77b6a1a43fc3b3f58b946b69.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm sorry but the big clubs do get plenty of stick in the press/media.

We only see/hear what they say about us with our narrow blue specs on.

Yeah some pundits/writers/broadcasters make lazy points.

But we got masses of worldwide positive publicity by winning the league.

Sacking Ranieri (painful but correct) would understandably create some negativity.

Fans of all clubs think the press/media give them a raw deal and think they hate them more than any other club.

These fans are incredibly insular and overly touchy.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I think Garth Crooks has only put Diabate in his team of the week so he can moan about Leicester's handling of the Mahrez saga.

How tragic then that Leicester's love affair with Mahrez has come to such a dramatic impasse. With a little bit of common sense, everyone would have won. Mahrez gets his move to Manchester City, Manchester City get the player and Leicester get a vast sum of money well in excess of what they paid for him. 

Now they have a distraction that will dominate their every press conference until it is resolved. Well done, Leicester.

Utterly ridiculous that this man still earns coin as a football pundit.

The pundits have gone stupidly overboard about Diabate. I think he's done well and I like the look of the kid, but they're looking for a narrative here rather than watching the game. For once though the narrative is in our favour lol but yeah, not having him in team of the week. Do like Diabate though and have got high hopes for him.

16 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've come to the conclusion that people (including many pundits and press) still hate us because of Ranieri and the knives are out when we do anything. Don't accept a low ball valuation? Leicester's fault. Lack of decent English coaches and daring to sack a manager out of his depth? Leicester's fault for ruining football.

It's a mix of that, and bitterness in my opinion that we've won the league, that a provincial Midlands club managed to crack the nut of winning the league - yet Arsenal haven't managed it for 14 years, Liverpool 28 years, Everton 31 years and Spurs 57 years. There is no way on earth that it doesn't irk them inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sacking Ranieri (painful but correct) would understandably create some negativity.

Fans of all clubs think the press/media give them a raw deal and think they hate them more than any other club.

Arsenal get a ludicrous amount really. I don't think anyone could say that they get media favouritism.

Spurs and Liverpool on the other hand, the medias two clubs.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

No we're bloody not!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

How dare you.

Chris Sutton breaking ranks with the 'experts':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42953586

Leicester midfielder Riyad Mahrez has been acting like "a big baby" since a potential deadline-day move to Manchester City fell through, former England striker Chris Sutton said.

Mahrez, 26, who helped Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016, handed in a transfer request in January.

Foxes boss Claude Puel vowed to help the Algerian back into the fold, but Mahrez has not played since 20 January.

"If I was one of his team-mates I'd be deeply unhappy with him," Sutton said.

Mahrez had been hoping for a move to Premier League leaders Manchester City, but their valuation of £60m for him fell significantly below Leicester's.

The attacking midfielder, who has scored 35 goals and contributed 24 assists in 127 top-flight appearances, has frequently been linked with a move since Leicester's title win, with Italian side Roma having three bids rejected last summer.

Algeria coach Rabah Madjer said Mahrez "deserves better than Leicester" but urged his player to resume training.

Mahrez missed training last week and was not considered for Saturday's 1-1 draw with Swansea.

Sutton, who won the Premier League with Blackburn in 1995, told BBC Radio 5 live's Monday Night Club: "He's a big baby isn't he? Leicester has put him on the map.

"He's disappointed not to go to a bigger club, I understand that, but he has to see out his contract - so get on with it.

"He is letting his managers and his team-mates down."

Former England international Ian Wright questioned why Mahrez's agents had not put a release clause in his contract with the Foxes.

"They have got to take the blame because they were happy to sign that deal," he said. "They have totally let him down. I can't see him getting over it."

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Agree, I'll listen to various football podcasts and radio shows while working and the most boring and irritating calls are from those people complaining that their club aren't getting enough praise, motd coverage, media coverage ect, the media favours their bitter rivals or having a go at the presenter because they predicted their team to get relegated before the season started. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Agree, I'll listen to various football podcasts and radio shows while working and the most boring and irritating calls are from those people complaining that their club aren't getting enough praise, motd coverage, media coverage ect, the media favours their bitter rivals or having a go at the presenter because they predicted their team to get relegated before the season started. 

Yes but derby and forrest dont get a lot of coverage... this is a symptom of their crapness. ..  whuch must be very hard for their fans to accept

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol at Algeria's manager saying he deserves better than Leicester when Algeria haven't even made the World Cup. Yeah, it's definitely at club level he deserves better isn't it?

It's no wonder Mahrez's head is all over the place with morons like that advising him- basically the same views as every Algerian nutter on Twitter lol

• Like 1