Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We went into admin because  Wise was going to sue us for unfair dismissal which could have bankrupted us so we chose admin became a different company who he could no longer sue. Well something like that, that's not to say we weren't in a mess financially. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

We went into admin because  Wise was going to use us for unfair dismissal which could have bankrupted us so we chose admin became a different company who he could no longer use. Well something like that, that's not to say we weren't in a mess financially. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/oct/23/newsstory.sport2 This article is a good one about the subject. 

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

We came down from the top flight 01/02 with the new stadium just built, and in a bit of a financial hole having been planned for on the basis of top flight football. Sold several players including Matt Piper, then ITVDigital collapsed (due to underhand tactics from sky), wrecking the tv money and putting us even more in the shit.

Club went into administration, with the usual effects (creditors being paid a fraction of what they owe), which angered some people, and the ten point deduction was introduced in response to it. We didn't get the deduction though and were promoted in second, 12 points ahead of Sheffield United. 

53 minutes ago, davieG said:

We went into admin because  Wise was going to use us for unfair dismissal which could have bankrupted us so we chose admin became a different company who he could no longer use. Well something like that, that's not to say we weren't in a mess financially. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/oct/23/newsstory.sport2 This article is a good one about the subject. 

Cheers for the info ?

On 2/15/2018 at 17:29, TK95 said:

Why do all pundits seem to recycle the one line on us: "they aren't making it to Europe. They aren't getting relegated". Who said we aren't making it into Europe?! Yes we've had a few clangers lately but I'd say we're still in prime position to finish 7th (1 point behind Burnley is hardly a mountain to climb) and if a top 4 team wins the FA Cup we'll qualify in 8th anyway.

Yes I'd love us to win the FA Cup ourselves of course! But to say our season is irrelevant because we can't get relegated or make Europe is absolute nonsense!

The bookies think we're making Europe. We're evens to come 7th (Burnley 9/4, Everton 9/2*) and 5th favourites, behind the obvious four, to win the FA Cup. So according to the bookies, if we do come 7th and any of the top five favourites for the FA Cup win it, we're in Europe.

* I actually don't think that's a bad price. They aren't far off it and have a decent run in.

19 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The last post on that thread that says Sheffield United will always be a bigger club than Leicester and natural order will be restored. 

lollollollollol 

Wow!  Just wow! They actually think they're a bigger club than us??! I just quickly checked some facts about this "monster" of a club. When was the last time they won something significant? I'll tell you, the FA Cup in 1925! And they've averaged over 30k once in the last 45 years!  Oh, and that's without mentioning their 1 season of top flight football in the last 23 years. Jesus, how the hell clubs like them can have such a superiority complex about us staggers me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

The last post on that thread that says Sheffield United will always be a bigger club than Leicester and natural order will be restored. 

lollollollollol 

Oh no, how will we cope being behind a club we don't give a **** about unless we play them?

Yes remember it clearly they (Colin willy puller) was screaming for a 10pt deduction for us for going into administration which would have made a big difference so instead of finishing 2nd and 12pts ahead of 3rd we would have been 2nd and 2pts ahead :ph34r: of course we could have been really dirty and had 3 players sent off and trying to get a game abandoned. They still believe Sean Bean played upfront for them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wow!  Just wow! They actually think they're a bigger club than us??! I just quickly checked some facts about this "monster" of a club. When was the last time they won something significant? I'll tell you, the FA Cup in 1925! And they've averaged over 30k once in the last 45 years!  Oh, and that's without mentioning their 1 season of top flight football in the last 23 years. Jesus, how the hell clubs like them can have such a superiority complex about us staggers me.

1 season in the top flight in the last 23 years is pathetic. The Championship is full of clubs like that. Staggering where they get a superiority complex from. 

All joking aside, I'd genuinely like to know how some of these posters have decided they are a bigger club.

Perhaps they have some formular that we don't know about and they are right :dunno:

As for going bust twice :blink: Perhaps they've confused us with Ipswich ??

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/view-from-leicester.62403/

Edited by Spudulike

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

All joking aside, I'd genuinely like to know how some of these posters have decided they are a bigger club.

Perhaps they have some formular that we don't know about and they are right :dunno:

Absolutely no idea, but it certainly isn't based on anything objective. A 93 year trophy drought and average attendances that haven't exceeded 30,000 since 2007, the one time they were in the Premier League between 1995 and today, smacks of a pretty small club.

Trophies won before anyone alive today was born aren't going to make you a big club unless you can back it up with modern success, which they categorically cannot do. Smaller fanbase, extremely modest history for the past 90 years, lower aspirations, they're smaller than us in every conceivable way. It must be a Yorkshire thing.

That thread lol one of them seriously saying they should have scored two, and could have had four, from a total of one shot on target that kasper saved comfortably.

Deluded lads, second rate in Sheffield, spent less time in the top flight than Bradford in the last two decades. 

• Like 1

I can’t believe Sheff Utd fans even think it’s reasonable to compare themselves to us at this moment in time. We’re one of the most famous teams in the world and currently the 7th best team in the top division. They’re a bog standard championship no-hoper. If they can compare themselves to us then I can compare myself with Jesus.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Haha! Superb. Can't think what we've done to upset them that much. Or maybe they're just that bitter and twisted in general...

I'm just surprised it took until 3/4 of the way down page 2 before anyone mentioned us going into admin. 

Bizarre that a club who haven't won anything since Hitler was a relatively unknown local politician still think they are some sort of sleeping giant. They're currently punching above their weight, if that last 40 years are anything to go by.

• Like 1