Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

About 20 years ago, when I was still a student, we used to grow our own for personal use. My car was stolen from outside the house, so the police were called, and they came round, and spent quite a bit of time in the house. You could smell the cannabis plants as soon as you came through the door, but the police never said a word. Presumably they had better things to do ? 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

About 20 years ago, when I was still a student, we used to grow our own for personal use. My car was stolen from outside the house, so the police were called, and they came round, and spent quite a bit of time in the house. You could smell the cannabis plants as soon as you came through the door, but the police never said a word. Presumably they had better things to do ? 

One of my neighbours is a copper (Chief Inspector) and he loves a smoke.

He reckons the majority of his colleagues have tried it, and he doesn't know even one who thinks it's a good law.

3 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

The use of  cannabidiol (CBD) is certainly very interesting regarding it's supplementary use for cancer sufferers, something I have recently read about and sounds interesting. 

I know you can buy products from Holland and Barrett which contain CBD and it's extracted from Hemp which doesn't contain THC, I am not sure however if the concentration levels offered (around 5%) would be strong enough to help cancer patients.

Maybe if someone is using it or can offer any info on where to purchase high strength CBD I would be grateful.

Apparently it makes little difference unless it has THC, which is banned.

I've probably not smoked cannabis for 10 years now (and it was probably another 10 years before that when I was even an occasional smoker). One of the reasons I stopped was that it was getting too blooming potent. There didn't seem to be much of a market for stuff that was nice to smoke and didn't mess you up too much.

Things seem to have reached their logical conclusion with these synthetic cannabinoids, which seem prone to making people just lie down in the street. They seem very popular given the state they get you in

• Like 1

I love how this thread is populated with people talking openly and sensibly about their habit then every now and then some random throwback to the 1930's pipes up with a one-line rebuke with absolutely no depth of argument to it whatsoever and we're supposed to believe that it's the potheads who are idiots.  Ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I love how this thread is populated with people talking openly and sensibly about their habit then every now and then some random throwback to the 1930's pipes up with a one-line rebuke with absolutely no depth of argument to it whatsoever and we're supposed to believe that it's the potheads who are idiots.  Ok.

and almost definitley sitting there with a bottle of brown ale or a glass of red in hand.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

I don't smoke it anymore but if people want to get high they should be allowed to have the option. Alcohol is a far worse drug. 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:48, Buce said:

He reckons the majority of his colleagues have tried it, and he doesn't know even one who thinks it's a good law.

This wasn't the case at my old nick, Some of my old colleagues did, but most didn't. I, personally have not, and never will.

20 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

This wasn't the case at my old nick, Some of my old colleagues did, but most didn't. I, personally have not, and never will.

I guess coppers move with the times, same as anyone else.

I respect your choice, DT, but the sad thing is I suspect you'd like it. I know you have problems with depression and weed gives better relief than any anti-depressant does, and certainly in comparison to alcohol, which I know you use.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

I guess coppers move with the times, same as anyone else.

I respect your choice, DT, but the sad thing is I suspect you'd like it. I know you have problems with depression and weed gives better relief than any anti-depressant does, and certainly in comparison to alcohol, which I know you use.

Good post, and for medical purposes I do believe there is a good case for it's use, but while I am trying to cut down on my alcohol intake, I would still not take it, unless wracked with pain.

On 18/04/2018 at 19:53, lcfcsnow said:

Apparently it makes little difference unless it has THC, which is banned.

Not sure how good it is for cancer, but I've been using it for my knees, (they get sore and start to ache if I sit at a desk for more than a few hours around the knee caps) not sure if it's the start of arthritis as it's never really been a problem before but the last year it's been consistent when sitting for a long while. 

Tried this stuff and after about 2 weeks of 2 drops a day under the tongue the pain is not even noticible most of the time. 

£30 for 240 drops 2x drops per day, it's not too bad really. 

Edit - poorly worded. Been using about 2 months but after 2 weeks I started to notice the difference. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

I didn't know whether to post this in this thread or in the "Absolute cvnts of our time Pt.MXXVI" thread.

Drugs minister accused of 'hypocrisy on a grand scale' over husband's involvement in legal cannabis farm

34 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Personally I don’t think it should be legalised, that said I’m sure there is a better way forward than the current way of dealing with things 

too many utter Bell franks use cannabis so maybe my view is tainted because of them?

Depends on if you think they would be any less of a bell without cannabis probably. 

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

too many utter Bell franks use cannabis so maybe my view is tainted because of them?

care to expand on that?

because I know many, many 'normal', well-spoken, hard-working people who choose weed as their relaxant of choice - myself included.

I also know many, many 'normal' well-spoken, hard-working people who choose alcohol as their relaxant of choice and they turn into rude, arrogant, fight-y, loud idiots when inebriated.  

please try to remember that people can be idiots regardless of what stimulants they choose to ingest - that's their own mental make-up - not the drug they use. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

care to expand on that?

because I know many, many 'normal', well-spoken, hard-working people who choose weed as their relaxant of choice - myself included.

I also know many, many 'normal' well-spoken, hard-working people who choose alcohol as their relaxant of choice and they turn into rude, arrogant, fight-y, loud idiots when inebriated.  

please try to remember that people can be idiots regardless of what stimulants they choose to ingest - that's their own mental make-up - not the drug they use. 

Oh absolutely and I think I alluded to that as I said the ones I have met have been by and large complete tools but as you rightly pointed out some people are also “tools” using alcohol or anything else for that matter

i am sure there are plenty of sound people who drinks lots smoke lots or shove powder up their nose lots etc etc

probably as we all can be my view has been tainted by a handful of users I have met in the past

all that said and somewhat ironically my best friend who lives in New Zealand has been a cannabis user most of his life but have it up over the last few years, he used it regarding his mental health amongst other reasons so I do appreciate there are many different reasons why decent people might still use it etc

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox

Not really to do with cannabis so forgive me but this thread seems to be a catch all for drug issues at least some of the time.

A good opinion piece that goes some way to explaining some of the motivations behind something that I know seems to many to make no sense whatsoever.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/drug-addiction-mental-heath-society-problem-heroin-crack-cocaine-a8351341.html?amp

On 18/04/2018 at 19:48, Buce said:

So, the Chief Inspector smokes cannabis....are you sure?

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/music-industry-giant-festival-republic-backtrack-support-drug-testing-a8379296.html

Disappointing to see L&R backing away from this, they should be throwing their weight behind this to protect patrons, not backing down from some bullshit reason. We absolutely need drug testing at every festival and preferably in certain nightclubs as well. Our archaic drug laws cost too many lives, and prohibition simply doesn't work. No change in sight though, most members of parliament support these daft laws, the PM near weekly praises them as well. 

Appreciate isn't really applicable to cannabis but I've taken this as the drugs thread. 

• Like 1