Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

David Villa's goal was quality the other night.

Atletico Madrid must have done some of the best business this summer, in terms of value for money. Sell Falcao for 60m Euros and only fork out 5m Euros for David Villa, who still has so much quality despite his age. And that goal against Barca showed exactly why he still has that quality.

Real Sociedad have played brilliantly in their 2 legs vs Lyon, will be interesting to see how they perform in the group stages. It's also great seeing how well Carlos Vela has played for Sociedad over the last year. His second goal tonight was world class.

That was a worse performance than the Bayern semi-final. At times, Barcelona couldn't string two passes together and gave it away in their own half. Despite this, they were still up in the possession stats and won the tie

Who won the super cup?

Barcelona did on away goals. Doesn't change the fact they were awful. Slipping over, spurning chances, losing the ball under the slightest bit of pressure. Only two great saves by Valdes stopped them being beaten.

How fvcking embarrassing are Celtic lol If Neil Lennon sees beating Shakhter Karagandy over two legs as his 'biggest achievement' then I despair. I'd fancy even Leicester against those lot.

Acting like they'd won the whole thing. Laughable.

How fvcking embarrassing are Celtic lol If Neil Lennon sees beating Shakhter Karagandy over two legs as his 'biggest achievement' then I despair. I'd fancy even Leicester against those lot.

Acting like they'd won the whole thing. Laughable.

I don't think Celtic can win.

People critisize Scottish football although Celtic did brilliant last season.

They were 2-0 yesterday, and dramatically won the game.

People still critisize them.

I don't think Celtic can win.

People critisize Scottish football although Celtic did brilliant last season.

They were 2-0 yesterday, and dramatically won the game.

People still critisize them.

Course they can - what they did last year was a phenomenal achievement.

Celebrating making the 'Champions' League after winning a piss poor SPL before overturning Cliftonville & Shakhter Karagandy is not a massive achievement in any way. The manner of it was dramatic, but to even lose 2-0 to a team from Kazakhstan is an embarrassment, making it hard for yourself against a side I'd fancy Leicester against.

Course they can - what they did last year was a phenomenal achievement.

Celebrating making the 'Champions' League after winning a piss poor SPL before overturning Cliftonville & Shakhter Karagandy is not a massive achievement in any way. The manner of it was dramatic, but to even lose 2-0 to a team from Kazakhstan is an embarrassment, making it hard for yourself against a side I'd fancy Leicester against.

I hope they can repeat that achievement, but I cannot see it happening.

They need to move away from the average player. I'm not saying that Scottish football is poor, although Celtic to dominate it, but they need to look further than the standard £2million player if they can; Commons, Wilson (I know he's gone back to Forest), they've been linked with Billy Sharp recently. 

I did watch Celtic in the first leg, and generally, they played well without scoring. Pleased they won the second leg though.

(PS - My post wasn't meant to be aimed at you or anything like that).

I hope they can repeat that achievement, but I cannot see it happening.

They need to move away from the average player. I'm not saying that Scottish football is poor, although Celtic to dominate it, but they need to look further than the standard £2million player if they can; Commons, Wilson (I know he's gone back to Forest), they've been linked with Billy Sharp recently.

I did watch Celtic in the first leg, and generally, they played well without scoring. Pleased they won the second leg though.

(PS - My post wasn't meant to be aimed at you or anything like that).

They won't spend until Rangers return. They don't need to.

As long as they keep making the group stages that's another 6 - 10 million before you even chuck in gate receipts and the like.

They piss the league without needing to spend and forking out millions just to get maybe one round further (yielding, what, maybe another million? Two at most) isn't really worth it.

A Scottish club isn't going to win a European competition again, why go nuts for a quarter final place?