Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Another good season of Trigger Point and Vicky McClure rightly got an NTA for it. Shame she's Notts really as she's right up there in terms of British Actors. 

 

Also 25 years since Band of Brothers first aired, now there's a real contender for the greatest series ever made. There's a behind the scenes doc just gone out on HBO, tempted to get a subscription just to watch it.  

  • Like 3
Posted
4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another good season of Trigger Point and Vicky McClure rightly got an NTA for it. Shame she's Notts really as she's right up there in terms of British Actors. 

 

Also 25 years since Band of Brothers first aired, now there's a real contender for the greatest series ever made. There's a behind the scenes doc just gone out on HBO, tempted to get a subscription just to watch it.  

Never been that impressed with Trigger Point.  For bomb disposal type programme the WW2 classic made in the 70s I think it was Danger UXB was very good. 

Posted

The latest Monster miniseries on Netflix. 

 

I enjoyed the first one so I keep coming back expecting a similar standard and they just get worse. Unwatchable dogshit.

 

I have no idea how Charlie Hunnam keeps getting roles, either. Some of the worst "accents" I've ever seen on screen have come out of this bloke's mouth. You'd think after Green Street filmmakers would've realised. 

  • Haha 1
Posted
On 18/09/2026 at 12:45, RoboFox said:

The latest Monster miniseries on Netflix. 

 

I enjoyed the first one so I keep coming back expecting a similar standard and they just get worse. Unwatchable dogshit.

 

I have no idea how Charlie Hunnam keeps getting roles, either. Some of the worst "accents" I've ever seen on screen have come out of this bloke's mouth. You'd think after Green Street filmmakers would've realised. 

He comes across as an absolute weapon to boot. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Gutted Lioness S3 is finished, superb tele and  an unreal cast. 

Yeah it’s levels above most other shows atm…hopefully they can round it all off before TS contract with Paramount finishes. 

  • Like 1
Posted
13 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

As a 70 year old I found 70 Up emotional 

Indeed, the participants did too.

 

As one said, there is a symmetry ending the series now, began at 7up, ending at 70.

Personally, I feel one more would have been worthwhile though, no doubt, one or two more may have ended their innings.

 

Happy that most have had good lives but boy, seeing 7 year olds full of life, excitement and possibilities and then witness them a moment later,  much older and wary.

 

But that is life of course, but seeing it portrayed in black and white ( no pun intended) was powerful. 

  • Like 2
Posted
8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed, the participants did too.

 

As one said, there is a symmetry ending the series now, began at 7up, ending at 70.

Personally, I feel one more would have been worthwhile though, no doubt, one or two more may have ended their innings.

 

Happy that most have had good lives but boy, seeing 7 year olds full of life, excitement and possibilities and then witness them a moment later,  much older and wary.

 

But that is life of course, but seeing it portrayed in black and white ( no pun intended) was powerful. 

I know we all get older & we all change etc but it still hits hard seeing it for sure, even watching the latest series of taskmaster shocked me in how much older Greg & Alex looked not only from way back from S1 but simply from S21 which only finished in June of this year, they even made reference to it themselves...then throw in Matt Lucas who looks older than his 52yrs especially with the weight loss, getting older sucks for sure.

Posted
On 09/09/2026 at 22:02, Tommy Fresh said:

Just realised season 2 of Chad Powers is out

Just finished season 2 and loved it!

Posted

The Wargame on sky 1. Only watched the first episode but an intetesting concept. MPs taking on the decision on what to do if we cone under attack. Michael Gove is the prime minister. And its to determine if our current resources could handle an attack. 

Posted

Finished Colin from accounts today. 

I thought the last series was the best one yet, some really clever writing. 

 

And although I'm about 30 years too old for it I completed Young Offenders. Terrible last 6 episodes, but it ended well 🤣. 

 

 

Posted

Watched the first two episodes of the new Mobland series. Utter shite lol

 

The formula for these peaky blinders rip off shows seems to be 

 

Fontaine's Song + Eccentric lunatics + excessive swearing + Ridiculous gun fights 

 

TV made for the live, laugh, love brigade

 

Obviously will be watching episode 3 lol

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Posted
1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Watched the first two episodes of the new Mobland series. Utter shite lol

 

The formula for these peaky blinders rip off shows seems to be 

 

Fontaine's Song + Eccentric lunatics + excessive swearing + Ridiculous gun fights 

 

TV made for the live, laugh, love brigade

 

Obviously will be watching episode 3 lol

 

 

While Mobland isn’t quite Lioness, The Gentlemen or Slow Horses in terms of levels it’s still comfortably ahead of the likes of Trigger Point or Gangs of London.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 18/09/2026 at 12:45, RoboFox said:

The latest Monster miniseries on Netflix. 

 

I enjoyed the first one so I keep coming back expecting a similar standard and they just get worse. Unwatchable dogshit.

 

I have no idea how Charlie Hunnam keeps getting roles, either. Some of the worst "accents" I've ever seen on screen have come out of this bloke's mouth. You'd think after Green Street filmmakers would've realised. 

It started off ok and got worse from episode 3, it could have been wound up in 4 episodes and not dragged on for 8! I was reading a book whilst the final episode was on, dreadful.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...