Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'd say it's worth sticking it out, it may have been a bit slow at the start but really enjoyed it and I get bored easily with slow series (couldn't get into The Wire, Sopranos etc)

Tbf I had quite a good choice of things to watch when I started it, I might give it another go then.

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

Is Nelson Van Alden in the first series? I can't remember, but I really enjoyed his parts as well as Al Capone.

Yeah. I'll stick with it, there's nothing else on telly this time of year.

All jokes aside though, I'm a firm believer in early judgements.

I tell people to stick with The Wire and Breaking Bad etc because they're slow starters but realistically, I enjoyed both from the start and I've never really known anyone "stick with it" and decide they love it from hating it.

If you don't like the slow pace of the Wire from the start then you'll probably never love it.

Personally can't see what's not to like about Boardwalk mind but there you go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

All jokes aside though, I'm a firm believer in early judgements.

I tell people to stick with The Wire and Breaking Bad etc because they're slow starters but realistically, I enjoyed both from the start and I've never really known anyone "stick with it" and decide they love it from hating it.

If you don't like the slow pace of the Wire from the start then you'll probably never love it.

Personally can't see what's not to like about Boardwalk mind but there you go.

I agree, the wire was slow but interesting, but mad men can get in the bin. don't get it at all

I would never have seen Breaking Bad or the Wire if it hadn't been for the rave reviews they got on here and both of them were brilliant series. Boardwalk is okay, it just don't get the fuss.

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

If you've never seen The Shield, I urge you to watch that instead. Great from the first episode, and consistently good. It also has a brilliant ending.

It's in my top 5 shows of all time.

Brilliant show. Vic Mackey is one of the all time great cop characters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I would never have seen Breaking Bad or the Wire if it hadn't been for the rave reviews they got on here and both of them were brilliant series. Boardwalk is okay, it just don't get the fuss.

I'd say in this case it definitely gets better.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I've just found "Notts tv" on freeview channel 7. How longs that been there?

I watched it a few months back, discussing about the city's 'great' sports teams over the years/decades.

Wish there was a Leicester one; would be/would show more class and memorise the wealth of greater history than Nottingham, both on and off the pitch, in recent years as well as the past.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

Thought the new 'Crystal Maze' show on Channel 4 was alright but a bit rushed in places.

Particularly when, with the timer during the separate room games, sometimes it goes from 1.50 to 1.25 in etc in a second.

Just a small thing but it does spoil it slightly.

Also, not particularly keen on the new presenter imo; not sure if he's that boring/blunt in other shows he has been on or just during this certain programme series but seemed to lack the correct character for this type of television entertainment.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Also, not particularly keen on the new presenter imo; not sure if he's that boring/blunt in other shows he has been on or just during this certain programme series but seemed to lack the correct character for this type of television entertainment.

uwot