Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

54 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Will give season 2 of The Punisher a go tonight, really enjoyed the 1st season.

Jon Bernthal is outstanding in everything he’s in, despite playing mostly violent roles he doesn’t feel typecast yet as well.

• Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 16:46, rico said:

Binged YOU on Netflix over the weekend, if you liked Dexter this will be right up your street

On 09/01/2019 at 15:27, Babylon said:

You on Netflix... it's more than a bit Dexter'ish, but it's pretty watchable actually.

Started watching this too. 

Never watched Dexter so can't compare lol 

Finally finished the latest series of Luther. 

Alice/gangster plot was a little bit ridiculous and pales in comparison to the first few series but was interesting enough to keep me watching.

• Like 1

i thought You was watchable, smashed through it in about a week. spent most of it wondering if i really fancied the bird in it or if she wasn’t very fit at all. 

binging luther now, never seen it before but coming towards the end of series 3 after a week now. 

watched the first series of the sinner last week too and that was peng. second series lost me a bit though not gonna lie, think i’m like 5 eps in and a bit bored. 

Anybody watched that Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix? Very decent watch. I had no idea what it was until I watched that but it’s eye watering how much money the feller must have scammed people out of. I can’t even remember seeing anything on social media at the time promoting it. 

I know some us have seen the Man City 'All or Nothing' documentary but I didn't realise there were also others on different sporting teams.

I've just watched the 6 part series on The All Blacks Rugby Team and although they're a bunch of egg chasers, if you want to know what a winning culture is all about, it's a fascinating insight.

10 hours ago, Vince Vega said:

I've just discovered Cuckoo on BBC iplayer.  Brilliant - don't know how I've missed seeing this before.

1st season is excellent, not so much 2nd season onwards due to the same cast being unable to return.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

My wife is obsessed by Suits. I am therefore watching a lot of Suits. 

The premise is pretty ridiculous in itself but the first few seasons are watchable but then it just goes daft with the plot lines at about S4 I think, reminded me of Prison Break in that sense.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:19, cambridgefox said:

Tin Star

4 on demand.Think it was on in November but just got around to watching the first two episodes.Quite good.Set in Canada with a British cop.

Caught it on Sky Atlantic last year...I think the new series is out this week.

Tim Roth is excellent and the locations were stunning - Canada is a beautiful country.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

The premise is pretty ridiculous in itself but the first few seasons are watchable but then it just goes daft with the plot lines at about S4 I think, reminded me of Prison Break in that sense.

I am struggling to suspend my complete disbelief for series 1 and I also just don't like the way its filmed. My wife seems to be able to just enjoy it though; which is definitely the way to go with these shows when you just want to relax!

On 20/01/2019 at 22:27, Manini said:

Anybody watched that Fyre Festival documentary on Netflix? Very decent watch. I had no idea what it was until I watched that but it’s eye watering how much money the feller must have scammed people out of. I can’t even remember seeing anything on social media at the time promoting it. 

Watched it yesterday. Just wow. What a complete scum bag he was. Pleased to see efforts being made to raise money for the Bahamian caterer/.

yeah watched that fyre doc this morning. had read a few bits about it and remember seeing things at the time about how it wasn’t how it was advertised but didn’t remember it being quite that bad ha. 

all seemed like horrible dodgy cu nts from start to finish tbf. shows the insane power of instagram an all. 

Watched The Punisher S2, was very good and i love the main guy Jon Bernthal, really plays the part well. Would recommend if you liked S1 ... not for everyones taste though. 

Recorded on Sky 'A Discovery of Witches' a while back and will be giving that a try. It has decent reviews and a high IMDB rating (not that, that means much) but storyline looks different.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177461/?ref_=nv_sr_2

On 22/01/2019 at 21:02, Suzie the Fox said:

Watched The Punisher S2, was very good and i love the main guy Jon Bernthal, really plays the part well. Would recommend if you liked S1 ... not for everyones taste though. 

Recorded on Sky 'A Discovery of Witches' a while back and will be giving that a try. It has decent reviews and a high IMDB rating (not that, that means much) but storyline looks different.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177461/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I’ve just started the punisher on Netflix, really enjoying it so far. It’s gone way past my expectations already.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2019 at 01:43, ScouseFox said:

yeah watched that fyre doc this morning. had read a few bits about it and remember seeing things at the time about how it wasn’t how it was advertised but didn’t remember it being quite that bad ha. 

all seemed like horrible dodgy cu nts from start to finish tbf. shows the insane power of instagram an all. 

watched yesterday... absolute example of the suckers that buy into the bullsh#t that is spouted on social media.

There is no doubt in my mind that these guys will be doing something similar in 5 years and the same group of sycophants will follow blindly.

That Fyre Festival doc was brilliant. I felt so much schadenfreude watching all the rich kids fighting over tents and supplies, which probably doesnt reflect that well on me... Felt shit for all the people that worked their arses off for the Billy ****. What a mess.

A bit late but I watched the OJ vs the people show on Netflix - ****ing great. 

For all those Trekkers moaning about Discovery not being true Trek, I think season 2 will turn them round.  Episode 2 was excellent once again. 

Looks as though the focus will be more on the crew rather than Burnham this season.  Bridge crew already getting more time and the guy playing Pike is a solid choice.  Hope Lorca comes back at some point as well.