Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is Tin Star worth a watch then? Been looking at the adverts and trailers and it looks decent.

First season was about 90% good, solid drama escalated to "great" in parts by some quality Tim Roth being Tim Roth. 

The other 10% was the ending which got a bit ****ing silly. 

I got twenty minutes in to the first episode of the second series and thought, uhoh, it's picking up where it ended and I turned it off. That might have been premature, I'll wait and see what the feedback is like after it's been out a week or two. 

I'd generally recommend it if you've got not much else to watch and if you like Roth. 

• Like 1

The Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix.

****. Me. 

I’ve always known who Ted Bundy was, but never bothered to do any research or read about him etc. What in the living **** was going on?! How evil and twisted can one person be? A man who was genuinely addicted to the murder of young women, genuinely just couldn’t stop himself, often going from one killing to another within an hour, absolutely blew my mind. Quite clear listening to him talk that he had absolutely no remorse for what he’d done. They reckon 30+ but he’s definitely in to three figures if you ask me, what a monster. 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:12, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Call The Midwife is such a load of twee nonsense.

I always wonder how such a programme gets such a huge audience, then I remembered we voted Brexit.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Well 2 more episodes in and I'm hoping we've reached peak tedium with True Detective 3.

It's been a total borefest so far. 

Spurs will be in their new stadium before anything happens...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Well 2 more episodes in and I'm hoping we've reached peak tedium with True Detective 3.

It's definitely better than season two but at the moment it's all "mood" no plot. 

I don't think they'll ever top Matthew Mc and Woody Harrelson though. 

Guest seanfox778
On 29/01/2019 at 15:24, Finnegan said:

It's definitely better than season two but at the moment it's all "mood" no plot. 

I don't think they'll ever top Matthew Mc and Woody Harrelson though. 

Can't bring myself to watch the 2nd and 3rd season because I know I'll just be disappointed.

Guest seanfox778

Finally finished the Haunting of Hill House. Very well made and the final episode was quite satisfying. I like how they often have subtle stuff happening in the background of shots. 

On 27/01/2019 at 13:24, Finnegan said:

First season was about 90% good, solid drama escalated to "great" in parts by some quality Tim Roth being Tim Roth. 

The other 10% was the ending which got a bit ****ing silly. 

I got twenty minutes in to the first episode of the second series and thought, uhoh, it's picking up where it ended and I turned it off. That might have been premature, I'll wait and see what the feedback is like after it's been out a week or two. 

I'd generally recommend it if you've got not much else to watch and if you like Roth. 

Thought the same but kept going ..   gets a lot better ...   Roth is brilliant ...  2 episodes to go and I’m really looking forward to them.

On 27/01/2019 at 13:54, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is Tin Star worth a watch then? Been looking at the adverts and trailers and it looks decent.

Really enjoyed the first. Started watching the second. Roth is very good.

On 29/01/2019 at 13:52, Tuna said:

My wife agrees with you but I really liked the first 3 episodes. the ambience and questions were great, eps 4 was a little boring though - the meal scene was too long not enough about the actual abduction.

Vikings finished the penultimate season. Maybe few will agree but I think it's one of the best series of the last few years. 

Vera & Silent Witness going downhill on a yearly basis maybe it's time to wind them up.

Watching the Orville on reccomendation from here. I guess if you want something light it's okay. Funny at times but boring at others. 

Really want to give the new star trek another shot but don't think I can.

Talking of twee British programmes is there anything new along the lines of the detectorists? Unassuming honest comedy?

On 28/01/2019 at 17:39, Manini said:

The Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix.

****. Me. 

I’ve always known who Ted Bundy was, but never bothered to do any research or read about him etc. What in the living **** was going on?! How evil and twisted can one person be? A man who was genuinely addicted to the murder of young women, genuinely just couldn’t stop himself, often going from one killing to another within an hour, absolutely blew my mind. Quite clear listening to him talk that he had absolutely no remorse for what he’d done. They reckon 30+ but he’s definitely in to three figures if you ask me, what a monster. 

Just finished watching this.

I knew quite a bit about Bundy but there was some stuff in this that I didn't.

The way he was able to manipulate people, especially in the courtroom was shocking. Equally shocking was the incompetence of the police involved.

Hard to say I enjoyed watching it, but certainly interesting.

One of the worst people to walk the face of this Earth.

On 27/01/2019 at 13:24, Finnegan said:

First season was about 90% good, solid drama escalated to "great" in parts by some ..

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Thought the same but kept going ..   gets a lot better ...   Roth is brilliant ...  2 episodes to go and I’m really looking forward to them.

7 hours ago, FIF said:

Really enjoyed the first. Started watching the second. Roth is very good.

:nono: ...    fookin great big anti climax ...   don’t bother.

Rewatched Taskmaster series 7 (James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert, Jessica Knappett, Phil Wang, Kerry Godliman) 

Forgot how funny it was. In stitches this last week watching them all. 

The bits where Acaster loses his shit various times and the siren task is brilliant lol