Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

They've been cancelling all their Marvel shows. These were due and was expected. 

Disney will have it all on their new streaming service. 

If they do it will be an insta-sub for me. Enjoyed quite a few of the marvel ones on netflix. Just hope disney lets them do their stuffs instead of ****ing with them. :fc:

I’ve just watched the full season of The Umbrella Squad , loved it and I’m thinking of getting the graphic novels it’s based on I loved it that much. 

It’s one of those shows where it’s best not to think about what’s happening because some of it doesn’t make sense but as a comic book series ive not seen anything better. 

Edited by grth2004

On 18/02/2019 at 23:28, grth2004 said:

I’ve just watched the full season of The Umbrella Squad , loved it and I’m thinking of getting the graphic novels it’s based on I loved it that much. 

It’s one of those shows where it’s best not to think about what’s happening because some of it doesn’t make sense but as a comic book series ive not seen anything better. 

Impressed with the first episode :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 22/02/2019 at 12:30, Legend_in_blue said:

The latest episode of ST Discovery is one of the best episodes of Star Trek I've ever seen.  Brilliant from start to finish.  

On 22/02/2019 at 14:53, Suzie the Fox said:

Really enjoyed it too. Prefering season 2 over season 1 so far. 

Bang right. That was the best episode so far. A mini sci fi epic. Saru is my favourite character and that was pitch perfect.

Just watched the first episode of series 3 of true detective and thought it was excellent - I've not heard/read much about the reception to this series so far but it was a great start reminiscent of the superlative first series.

31 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Bang right. That was the best episode so far. A mini sci fi epic. Saru is my favourite character and that was pitch perfect.

Just watched the first episode of series 3 of true detective and thought it was excellent - I've not heard/read much about the reception to this series so far but it was a great start reminiscent of the superlative first series.

The guy who plays Saru, Doug Jones, is an excellent actor.

I thought they'd have a hard time replacing Lorca with a decent enough captain as well but Anson Mount is doing a superb job at portraying Pike.

I like all the characters on the whole but am still struggling with Ash/Voq.  

Some of the theories regarding the series story arc make interesting reading, will be nice to see how this plays out.

Blimey. Two really good episodes of Star Trek this week

First Discovery as mentioned above, with easily the best episode of the show yet, and then The Orville (which is basically classic TNG style Trek) with the first of a two-parter that really kicks off BIG time!

If you're a Trek fan and you don't watch The Orville, then you really should. It improves the longer it goes on, and S2 has been great. 

14 hours ago, The Bear said:

Blimey. Two really good episodes of Star Trek this week

First Discovery as mentioned above, with easily the best episode of the show yet, and then The Orville (which is basically classic TNG style Trek) with the first of a two-parter that really kicks off BIG time!

If you're a Trek fan and you don't watch The Orville, then you really should. It improves the longer it goes on, and S2 has been great. 

The Orville is great (weird name) but i love it, my 1st goto show of each week. I found it abit weird with the Doc and the Robot though (especially as he hasnt even got a mouth :O )  but yeah a great episode and looking forward to see how it pans out in part 2. 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Need a new series on Netflix watched all the main good ones anyone got any recommendations 

I think One Punch Man's on Netflix if you've not watched it yet and you aren't above weeb shit.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The Orville is great (weird name) but i love it, my 1st goto show of each week. I found it abit weird with the Doc and the Robot though (especially as he hasnt even got a mouth :O )  but yeah a great episode and looking forward to see how it pans out in part 2. 

i like musicals in general, so when Scott Grimes started signing it was just awesome! What a voice he's got.

• Like 1