Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Second series just released so it'll keep you going for a week at least. 

It's pretty good, not quite as dark as Gomorrah but tidy. 

Do you have Now TV / Sky box sets? 

I have a now tv account but only use it to buy sky sports atm as and when

As Alison King and David Neilson are both from Leicestershire, I feel mention should be made of what's happening between them on Corrie. Roy Cropper has always been a bit odd, but has he finally lost his marbles? He's throwing out the drop-dead-gorgeous Carla, because she tried to protect him over a sleep-walking mishap. He seems to prefer his stupid steam loco LPs to sharing his house with her. Bonkers! 

17 hours ago, String fellow said:

As Alison King and David Neilson are both from Leicestershire, I feel mention should be made of what's happening between them on Corrie. Roy Cropper has always been a bit odd, but has he finally lost his marbles? He's throwing out the drop-dead-gorgeous Carla, because she tried to protect him over a sleep-walking mishap. He seems to prefer his stupid steam loco LPs to sharing his house with her. Bonkers! 

We all know she was Puel in and he was Puel out. That’s the real reason.

I once sat behind Roy Cropper in the Carling stand at Filbert Street.

On 25/02/2019 at 16:19, goose2010 said:

Vikings is on Amazon prime, a good few series to get stuck into.

Just got prime and couldn't wait to see the new Vikings ...  but decided to go back to series one ...   just started on series two ...   great stuff ...  but as Taff just said ...  at some point it all goes a bit wobbly ..

Watched a very interesting programme about scientists finding frozen intact remains of ice age animals in Siberia ...  they found a Wolf head with all the fur, teeth and even whiskers intact ....   amazing.   It was on Channel 4 and called Ice age, Return of the Mammoth (or something like that) ...   was also interesting for me as my knife set has woolly mammoth tusk handles..  They took dna from the remains and hope to produce a mammoth/elephant hybrid in a few years ...     :o

52 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Mondays are great now. Partridge at 9.30 and after the news the new series of Fleabag, which was fantastic from the off again

I’ve not given that fleabag the time of day but my wife thinks it’s great. I don’t like anything in which they talk directly to the camera.

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve not given that fleabag the time of day but my wife thinks it’s great. I don’t like anything in which they talk directly to the camera.

Phoebe Waller Bridge is phenomenal and makes the 4th breaks work perfectly. Give it a go!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But stop after season four and pretend that's the end. 

I agree to a certain extent, however i still enjoyed the last season.

No clue how to insert a spoiler, so i will try to not give anything away, but for me it wasnt the same when the season ended with 'you know who' being lowered into the snake pit :P 

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I agree to a certain extent, however i still enjoyed the last season.

No clue how to insert a spoiler, so i will try to not give anything away, but for me it wasnt the same when the season ended with 'you know who' being lowered into the snake pit :P 

I gotta be honest, the latest season has been ****ing awful. 

[ spoiler ] [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. 

Floki in Iceland was especially dreadful, the Lagertha stuff was cringe worthy, everyone blindly following Ivar was silly, but above all else its just awfully, awfully slow. 

Seasons 1-3 are some of my favourites in TV. I like the show a lot before Ragnar died and I didn't mind that it became a story about his children as the Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok play a huge part in British dark age history. 

But its just been handled so badly. I'll see it through to the end as I think the next season is the last but **** me if it's not a chore to watch.

• Thanks 1

Started watching the Waco miniseries last night. Really enjoying it, despite its problems.

Taylor Kitsch is phenomenal as David Koresh, although it's pretty controversial in how sympathetic it is towards him and what he did and it occasionally struggles with the complexity of the events leading up to the siege.