Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ecclestone obviously you always expect big things from but Carrie Coon and Justin Theroux were awesome throughout. 

Now oddly I wasn't anticipating Ecclestone to be as good as he was, but then maybe I've not seen him in enough other stuff. But yes, some excellent acting across the board. I thought the scene between Grace (Lindsay Duncan) and Kevin Snr in series 3 was just brilliant; pure, pure emotion and so very well played - and ending on such a well judged comedic touch.

YT link attached but don't view if you're planning to watch the show and don't want to spoil the feel of the entire season, but the clip, in itself, is not really a spoiler.

Edited by mabrah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only just watched the 1st series of Save Me from Sky Atlantic, written by and acted by Lenny James. I thought it was really good and there's apparently a 2nd series due to start next month.

One of the most bleak things I've seen over the last few years. It was very good but it was ****ing vile. 

Lenny James, Stephen Graham, Jason Flemyng etc all great as you'd expect. 

Interested to see what they do with a second season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

One of the most bleak things I've seen over the last few years. It was very good but it was ****ing vile. 

Hahaha yeah it was pretty uncomfortable at times, which Stephen Graham revels in. Made a nice change that the bleakness wasn't Shane Meadows and was made by someone else but it had that vibe about it. That old nonce from that dodgy club is deeply perturbing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Lennie is one of Britain's most underrated actors.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

lol I remember that feeling. Thoughts on the ending? 

I'd heard about the style of "The Sopranos ending" so I knew it wasn't to everyone's taste. I guess it's up to interpretation.

I knew that it would stop abruptly, but I was on edge for the last 5 minutes when everybody walked in to cafe. Meadow parking her car had me stressed out too.

I guess it's up to your interpretation as to what happened next, which is a bit up itself. I almost took as whilst he's alive, he can't live life without looking over his shoulder anymore. So many of my favourite characters got wiped out in the final series too! 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'd heard about the style of "The Sopranos ending" so I knew it wasn't to everyone's taste.

[spoiler ] I knew that it would stop abruptly, but I was on edge for the last 5 minutes when everybody walked in to cafe. Meadow parking her car had me stressed out too.

I guess it's up to your interpretation as to what happened next, which is a bit up itself. I almost took as whilst he's alive, he can't live life without looking over his shoulder anymore. So many of my favourite characters got wiped out in the final series too! [/spoiler ]

Yeah, initially I was livid with the ending but it's actually perfect to be honest. Great choice of song as well. 

It ranks as the number 1 series quite comfortably for me

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah, initially I was livid with the ending but it's actually perfect to be honest. Great choice of song as well. 

Yeah afterwards, I read up on the ending and it seems a lot of the people have actually grown to love it over time. 

I loved it. My favourite series has been Breaking Bad and I'm enjoying Boardwalk Empire, but Sopranos has got to be as good if not my favourite.

It's one of my favourite endings. Really well thought out and done. And when you think about it, it all makes perfect sense. 

I remember reading a good article about it confirming (if you ever can) what I assumed happened, but it went through the final scene shot by shot analysing what they all meant and we're leading up to. It's an excellent read:

https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

There's lots of guff at the start about updates over the years from David Chase interviews. You can skip past that to the analysis. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Superb series.

The episode with Chrissie and Paulie in the pinewoods with the Russian was one of the most masterful hours of television ever made.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 2