Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 02/03/2020 at 19:03, sdb said:

Anyone tried sex education? Probably been mentioned but I am so impressed with it. Thought it'd just be so teen generic rubbish but the character development, pace, storylines are great. One of the best things I've seen for ages, and there's loads of good stuff on! 

Just started it this evening, good so far. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Sex Education is absolutely fantastic

------

The current series of This Country seems to have taken a couple of pelters in here but I think it's been great, the most recent episode is unbelievable. 

I've enjoyed this series of This Country more than the others.

Edited by pds
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, pds said:

I've enjoyed this series of This Country more than the others.

I've loved this series mate, so good. The driving one and the latest have had me in pieces.

It's not as if the show has gotten too big for itself (series 3 of the Inbetweeners for example is so polished compared to the other two and suffered because of it, the second film is horrid in all) and they haven't exaggerated any of the characters. It's just the same show with different things happening and that's what makes it so watchable. It's so bloody good.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Sex Education is absolutely fantastic

------

The current series of This Country seems to have taken a couple of pelters in here but I think it's been great, the most recent episode is unbelievable. 

Sex Education is great, binge watching it, plus it’s got a good soundtrack, only confusing thing is it seems like the USA but it’s an English cast! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've loved this series mate, so good. The driving one and the latest have had me in pieces.

It's not as if the show has gotten too big for itself (series 3 of the Inbetweeners for example is so polished compared to the other two and suffered because of it, the second film is horrid in all) and they haven't exaggerated any of the characters. It's just the same show with different things happening and that's what makes it so watchable. It's so bloody good.

Also agree with you, love This Country, only realised when watching Man Down the other day is that the actress who plays  Mandy in This Country also plays the waitress in Man Down, almost the same character!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Sex Education is great, binge watching it, plus it’s got a good soundtrack, only confusing thing is it seems like the USA but it’s an English cast! 

Remember thinking that for the first series as well. Very American feel to it!

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone watched hunters on amazon? I’m thinking about giving it a go 

Yeah, binged in a few weeks ago. Overall I’d say give it a go just because Al Pachino is superb in it. 
I enjoyed it and it’s very watchable. Still not sure about the ending though ;)

Just now, Izzy said:

'The Test' - a new era for the Australian cricket team on Amazon Prime.

If you like these 'All or Nothing' type sports documentaries this is superb.

A real behind the scenes look into the culture of Aussie cricket, the dressing room, the players and Justin Langer's leadership.

If you love your cricket/sport it's a must watch.

@MattP

@StanSP

@Osavo

@cambridgefox

@Voll Blau

Thanks mate. Something to add for the next 2 weeks :D 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thanks mate. Something to add for the next 2 weeks :D 

There’s two brilliant episodes where they play India series home and away. They’re shit scared of Kholi lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

'The Test' - a new era for the Australian cricket team on Amazon Prime.

If you like these 'All or Nothing' type sports documentaries this is superb.

A real behind the scenes look into the culture of Aussie cricket, the dressing room, the players and Justin Langer's leadership.

If you love your cricket/sport it's a must watch.

@MattP

@StanSP

@Osavo

@cambridgefox

@Voll Blau

Cheers Izzy 👍

• Like 1